2 minutes ago, fandash said:

Yep we hear that but I think what people are saying When they say they won’t cruise I’d have to wear one is that why on earth would anyone choose to cruise when it is mandatory to wear a mask. There would be absolutely no enjoyment what so ever. Why pay all that money and have to wear a mask. It’s a no for me and if cruise lines make it mandatory they will loose a lot of customers. Things should just get back to normal (not the “new normal“) quite frankly I’ve have enough of it all now 

Me too!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Their ship/their rules. If it becomes a requirement, and you don’t want it, then don’t sail. 

Has anyone argued that point? Pretty much what I am reading is if there is a mask requirement the people who don't like it will either stay home or spend their money on something that better suits them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

How bad can your life at home be that anyone would subject themselves to travel for leisure under the conditions that are being suggested on these threads.I

It's those addicted to the "cruising lifestyle" as they call it.  Sail almost every month year round.  We cruised 6 weeks last winter, it's seasonal for us to get out of the snow.  We'll happily spend time in Florida next winter rather than put up with masks and whatever other restrictions they have to implement that will ruin the cruising experience.  There are people here who would wear a hazmat suit if it would get them on a ship.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, pcur said:

I make our masks, so they are comfortable for us to wear.

I’ll grant you they look more comfortable than many masks but any mask is more uncomfortable than no mask (just like wearing a bra 😛). Going on a cruise is non-essential. If someone is high risk or concerned, they should not go on a cruise regardless, not make everyone else wear a mask to (minimally) protect them.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HxFx said:

I’ll grant you they look more comfortable than many masks but any mask is more uncomfortable than no mask (just like wearing a bra 😛). Going on a cruise is non-essential. If someone is high risk or concerned, they should not go on a cruise regardless, not make everyone else wear a mask to (minimally) protect them.

Well, yeah, unless you WANT to go on a cruise and don't mind wearing a mask. 

We aren't cruising until there is (most likely) going to be a vaccine available, but we are prepared for wearing a mask in certain circumstances (like going to the doctor or medical clinic pharmacy).  It may be required for a very long time.

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

It's those addicted to the "cruising lifestyle" as they call it.  Sail almost every month year round.  We cruised 6 weeks last winter, it's seasonal for us to get out of the snow.  We'll happily spend time in Florida next winter rather than put up with masks and whatever other restrictions they have to implement that will ruin the cruising experience.  There are people here who would wear a hazmat suit if it would get them on a ship.

I'm with you I will vacation around the mask. I'm not addicted to anything that won't allow me to adjust my plans. In my opinion the masks won't last to long. I don't have anything booked and I suspect that by the time I'm ready to cruise again this ordeal will be over. I already see a lax attitude here now that we started phase 2. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

Hoping this is just a rumor......

Will Royal be mandating or advising wearing of masks?

I'm scheduled for December.   Frankly, if that's the case, I am cancelling.

The OP asked a simple question - based on a rumor.  Now there are pages of answers where the only accurate one was in the very next post #2 by Molly361 "No one knows the answer to that question yet".  Thank you molly!

• Like 1

The OP asked a simple question - based on a rumor.  Now there are pages of answers where the only accurate one was in the very next post #2 by Molly361 "No one knows the answer to that question yet".  Thank you molly!

Ocean Boy was also accurate in post #60.

1 hour ago, fandash said:

Yep we hear that but I think what people are saying When they say they won’t cruise I’d have to wear one is that why on earth would anyone choose to cruise when it is mandatory to wear a mask. There would be absolutely no enjoyment what so ever. Why pay all that money and have to wear a mask. It’s a no for me and if cruise lines make it mandatory they will loose a lot of customers. Things should just get back to normal (not the “new normal“) quite frankly I’ve have enough of it all now 

we would cruise if we had to wear a mask!

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You think this one will last as long?

Probably not. There are one or two of the more passionate posters missing. 

Perhaps this thread will become more active when the first picture of the SeaFace mask surfaces.....or if Royal announces a mask wearing policy, even if it's optional.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

I'm not "addicted to the cruising lifestyle" (I sail about once every year or two), nor do I have a bad life at home.  I simply don't mind wearing a mask.

I'm really not sure why some people find it necessary to categorize those of us that would choose to cruise even if masks are required.

22 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Probably not. There are one or two of the more passionate posters missing. 

Perhaps this thread will become more active when the first picture of the SeaFace mask surfaces.....or if Royal announces a mask wearing policy, even if it's optional.

How about an optional policy requiring cruisers over 70 to get a doctor's note for wearing a mask?😁

• Haha 1

Wear one for yourself if you are fearful of covid. You are protected if you wear one. Now if I want to take a calculated risk not wearing one thats on me. Dont tell me I need to wear one “for others”. They can wear one and they are protected. I wont live my life in fear. As a firefighter/paramedic we always used to put a mask on the patient who was coughing,sneezing etc. we did not wear one. We never got sick. Mind you we are in a 4x8 foot box 2 feet from patients doing interventions. So wear ine if you want to but if I have the choice I wont ever wear one. Dont try and guilt me into wearing a mask when you can easily wear one yourself and be protected. The facts have some how been lost along with the science of all this.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

On the news this morning United announced the suspension on food and drink service and the requirement to wear a mask for the entire flight.

Yeah, lucky me.  I booked first class round trip Delta to Alaska and back over a year ago.  Should have saved the money and booked coach for same service!  😮   

49 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Don't forget the all powerful scientific prediction process....see post #23.  😄 

2 hours ago, pcur said:

Well, yeah, unless you WANT to go on a cruise and don't mind wearing a mask. 

We aren't cruising until there is (most likely) going to be a vaccine available, but we are prepared for wearing a mask in certain circumstances (like going to the doctor or medical clinic pharmacy).  It may be required for a very long time.

I'll just probably hold off doing a cruise until they are not required. I understand it is the cruise line's right to determine masks are mandatory. I have minimal time off from work and want to maximize my vacation relaxation. I love any beach vacation so will start with land vacations if necessary. We may book a flight to a Florida port and then if masks are required (beyond select circumstances), flex to a beach vacay there. I can suck up wearing a mask if necessary for a flight but not hanging out in the sun. I agree with Biker this is beating a dead horse but I can't help myself! 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Wear one for yourself if you are fearful of covid. You are protected if you wear one. Now if I want to take a calculated risk not wearing one thats on me. Dont tell me I need to wear one “for others”. They can wear one and they are protected. I wont live my life in fear. As a firefighter/paramedic we always used to put a mask on the patient who was coughing,sneezing etc. we did not wear one. We never got sick. Mind you we are in a 4x8 foot box 2 feet from patients doing interventions. So wear ine if you want to but if I have the choice I wont ever wear one. Dont try and guilt me into wearing a mask when you can easily wear one yourself and be protected. The facts have some how been lost along with the science of all this.

One thing you say contradicts the other thing you say.

"Don't tell me to wear one 'for others.'"

"We always used to put a mask on the patient..."

As a paramedic, I would have thought you would have seen this.  I've seen it a zillion times.

COVID-19

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

One thing you say contradicts the other thing you say.

"Don't tell me to wear one 'for others.'"

"We always used to put a mask on the patient..."

As a paramedic, I would have thought you would have seen this.  I've seen it a zillion times.

COVID-19

Excellent graph...amazing how many people think that wearing a mask will keep THEM safe.  It's indeed actually requested to keep others safe from carriers.  (keep infected carrier's spittle, sneezing, and coughing contained).  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rtazz17 said:

Wear one for yourself if you are fearful of covid. You are protected if you wear one. Now if I want to take a calculated risk not wearing one thats on me. Dont tell me I need to wear one “for others”. They can wear one and they are protected.   The facts have some how been lost along with the science of all this.

You pontificate about "facts," but yours are all wrong!  A mask protects YOU, not me.  I am not protected if I wear one.  I am protected if you wear one.

Please get your facts straight before posting and possibly leading others to be part of the problem.

• Like 4