My October cruise to Canada is going to Bermuda instead!

reeinaz

1 hour ago, mugtech said:

If you want to dock at St George's Island and Hamilton take the Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas.

I'm sure you weren't directly addressing me, but I was actually planning to. I had a one week cruise booked departing  August 17  but I cancelled before final payment was due knowing that there was virtually no chance of the cruise actually sailing...not to mention that I will not cruise until there's a vaccine or a reliable treatment for COVID-19.

• Like 1

If this Bermuda change is real, and given Bermuda's current shut-down, what's the chances that Bermuda allows a ship to dock, is on the itinerary, but no one can disembark?  Basically a cruise to nowhere that satisfies US shipping/cruise rules that a foreign port is required.  Or maybe, they only allow passengers to circulate at King's Wharf (no Horseshoe Bay, etc.), thus addressing their own public health concerns?  This latter idea may not be too crazy.

Obviously, everyone should be aware prior to the cruise, but maybe cruise demand is so great that it won't matter?

(My question is self-serving as I'm on the NYC-Bermuda Sept 29 cruise.  I'd take either of the options mentioned above just to be able to make up for my canceled trips to date).

49 minutes ago, JGmf said:

If this Bermuda change is real, and given Bermuda's current shut-down, what's the chances that Bermuda allows a ship to dock, is on the itinerary, but no one can disembark?  Basically a cruise to nowhere that satisfies US shipping/cruise rules that a foreign port is required.  Or maybe, they only allow passengers to circulate at King's Wharf (no Horseshoe Bay, etc.), thus addressing their own public health concerns?  This latter idea may not be too crazy.

Obviously, everyone should be aware prior to the cruise, but maybe cruise demand is so great that it won't matter?

(My question is self-serving as I'm on the NYC-Bermuda Sept 29 cruise.  I'd take either of the options mentioned above just to be able to make up for my canceled trips to date).

There has to be an actual port call where passengers can disembark for the cruise to be legal, so your first option is a nonstarter .

If passengers are allowed to disembark, how are you going to prevent them from leaving the Dockyard ? Armed security forces  that shoot first and ask questions later? And what about the Bermudians who will have to be there and will come in contact with the cruisers? Why should they be exposed to COVID-19 if Bermuda is so concerned about not creating a problem by allowing visitors to their country?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

I'm sure you weren't directly addressing me, but I was actually planning to. I had a one week cruise booked departing  August 17  but I cancelled before final payment was due knowing that there was virtually no chance of the cruise actually sailing...not to mention that I will not cruise until there's a vaccine or a reliable treatment for COVID-19.

They are the cheapest 6 and 7 day cruises available to Bermuda, old ship, could be one of the next to be sold.

12 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

Don’t get too excited.    No guarantee Bermuda is going to be open.  🤩

I am sure that NCL has checked it and tried to find the most likely option to be doable. Canda is impossibler,so they could have jusrt waited till August or September and then cancel  the cruise to postpone the refunds. But instead they just changed the itinerary.If Bermuda is also impossible to do and they do know it already now then there would have been no reason for them to change ther itinerary at all.

1 hour ago, CruiseMH said:

I am sure that NCL has checked it and tried to find the most likely option to be doable. Canda is impossibler,so they could have jusrt waited till August or September and then cancel  the cruise to postpone the refunds. But instead they just changed the itinerary.If Bermuda is also impossible to do and they do know it already now then there would have been no reason for them to change ther itinerary at all.

The reason is to hold onto your money as long as possible. NCL continues asking Alaska cruises they  know can't occur while every other cruise line has cancelled them. 

NCL has been consistently unethical during this crisis.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

We are booked on the 7 day 4th October when we log on to NCL we get this, then when we click on make payment we get error.

27F63142-AA22-4EBA-99D7-E0A26E93AE48.jpeg

If you are on breakaway then this is the same sailing as us. 

10 minutes ago, Yinster said:

If you are on breakaway then this is the same sailing as us. 

Yes we are, if you try to do a mock booking it’s showing as totally fully booked.

i looked at the same cruise next year and here’s a funny, we got an email of special offer of balcony same price as ocean view. This year there is a £300 difference in the too categories something like £739 for ocean view and £1009 for the balcony. On the offer for next year the Ocean view is £1109 (approx figure from memory). 
Call me a cynic but...

12 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

Yes we are, if you try to do a mock booking it’s showing as totally fully booked.

i looked at the same cruise next year and here’s a funny, we got an email of special offer of balcony same price as ocean view. This year there is a £300 difference in the too categories something like £739 for ocean view and £1009 for the balcony. On the offer for next year the Ocean view is £1109 (approx figure from memory). 
Call me a cynic but...

Always take any offers or sale with a pinch of salt. I reckon NCL will announce the cancellation of this cruise soon if it is showing as fully booked.

I just checked NCL website and there is no sailing now for you to book. The one after ours is now going to Bermuda

Edited by Yinster

5 minutes ago, Yinster said:

Always take any offers or sale with a pinch of salt. I reckon NCL will announce the cancellation of this cruise soon if it is showing as fully booked.

I wish they would hurry up as we have fully paid flights to New York to sort out.

9 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

I wish they would hurry up as we have fully paid flights to New York to sort out.

We booked it as a package holiday in the UK so our travel agent will sort it out for us

On 6/11/2020 at 1:31 AM, BirdTravels said:

During hurricane season, cruises to Bermuda would go North to Canada if there was a hurricane in the way. This year, there is no where to go. 

Not always, in 2018 the ship did the PC and Bahamas run after Bermuda was cancelled. But your right, if Bermuda gets cancelled they will have no place to go. From what I have read was Bermuda did not except to see a cruise ship until Spring of 2021. Maybe things are changing for them. 

Last week my wife and I tried to book a vacation (fly from PHL and stay at a resort) in Bermuda last week for September or October. We were not able to get any pricing since everything is closed and they have no idea when it will reopen.

Edited by Laszlo

2 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

My wife and I tried to book a vacation (fly from PHL and stay at a resort) in Bermuda last week for September or October. We were not able to get any pricing since everything is closed and they have no idea when it will reopen

Above post said flights starting in July, wonder where the people will stay.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laszlo said:

Funny, just checked a few resorts. I they have pricing now 

2 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Hotels in Bermuda have been trying to get Bermudians book  "staycations" at their properties. 

Per today's Royal Gazette they're hoping to resume airline flights next month.