Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Just got it today also.  Hope they send me a lot of things to do because it would be the only way I'll ever stand a chance to get from Elite Plus to Zenith!  Although the skeptic in me believes as soon as I get close they will raise the limit, but who knows.   A gal can hope🙂

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I received it too.  I wonder if this means there are changes coming to the Captain's Club levels.

I think the real reason is a quick way for them to get some marketing info, as well as to get some positive publicity via the social media contests they mention.  I doubt it means changes are coming to the Captains Club levels but of course I can't know for sure.

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We are Elite Plus, but have not received this offer. I wonder how Celebrity chooses who will get the offer to "Power Up". 

When you find out, please tell me.  The only emails I get from them are "complete your booking" when I check prices on a sailing I'm already booked on.

13 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

We are Elite Plus, but have not received this offer. I wonder how Celebrity chooses who will get the offer to "Power Up". 

I received it, but my DH did not.   It did say in my email that it could also be accessed via the web site, but I haven’t found it “yet”.

12 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I think the real reason is a quick way for them to get some marketing info, as well as to get some positive publicity via the social media contests they mention.  I doubt it means changes are coming to the Captains Club levels but of course I can't know for sure.

I agree.  The first survey was polling you for when you would be likely to cruise again and what ports excite you.  Could be valuable info gathering to see how the general membership is feeling.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

I didn’t get it either but then again I have opted out of marketing emails .

I'm more than halfway to Zenith but I will never reach it at our present rate of cruising, so I need all the points I can get.  I didn't get the email promising 30 points for booking btwn May 26 and 29 either.  So annoying when we have been sailing with these guys since 1994.  And they do have my email.

Edited by TeaBag

I  doubt this will add up enough to really matter.  Earning 2 points for a survey is just nothing in the big picture of Cap't Club levels  (Less than 1 night in a verandah room).  Nevertheless, I also received it and completed the survey.  My DW did not receive it, however I just changed the defaulted CC # in the link to hers, completed the survey, hit submit and got the "thanks for completing" message so I'll assume if you follow the link below you can get to the page.

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=728ed288a55fc6764c10525787bbaa41c9d8dad4bfcd10665af0900610a305cd148e25522e65c30c8292c80b55283b2310178b936ca2b0bb2583fda18f00c6d3b98da936699f8a95b9fe7b3de05c07fc301ccc0fb269a9cee855bab19a9729a9

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I am STILL a long way from Zenith...and it doesn't really matter that much to me...

I actually view this as a BAD thing for many of us...

Just like I didn't like the deal where RCCL Diamonds automatically got Elite perks.  This is really not going to do much for Elite Pluses trying to make Zenith...but it WILL allow a lot of people not yet Elite to have an easier road to Elite level...which will, in turn, overcrowd the Elite drinking lounge even more...resulting in them abandoning it more often for three drink coupons and the like.

39 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Absolutely and our email inboxes will be flooded with more marketing based on the answers we give. That said, I still completed it as it's easy to hit delete for future emails that you don't want.

I cruise with Celebrity and Princess and it is interesting that Celebrity are far more active in promoting deals for future cruises post the virus than Princess. I'm getting emails from Celebrity at about 3 to 1 the number from Princess. Good on Celebrity I say.

48 minutes ago, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Elite Plus too and did NOT receive this offer.