Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

5 hours ago, laslomas said:

Has anyone received any PUP's this time? I thought it was usually on the 14th. I hope I didn't spend so long on the Wellness thing for nothing!

I am sure they will post soon.  I always take screen shots of completion if ever needed and so far never needed.  I think they did post on the 14th of May for April.   

I am still thinking about the current PUP offer. I did do one social media PUP earlier.

5 hours ago, laslomas said:

Has anyone received any PUP's this time? I thought it was usually on the 14th. I hope I didn't spend so long on the Wellness thing for nothing!

With all the scrambling the folks at Celebrity are doing with the ship swaps and cruises restarting, I'm not surprised this month's PUP points are taking longer to post.

As a retired high tech alpha geek I'm appalled at the obsolete technology Celebrity uses behind the scenes. I had a long talk with one of their executives a while back and the only rational defense he could come up with is that their stuff is so old, it's hard to hack! (because it's not networked!)

If you've ever booked a "Future Cruise" you may have noticed that the future cruise person was dealing with their booking system over a very old terminal emulation session. Basically it is 1970s era IBM 3270 Terminal emulation they're still using.

Edited by RaptorBill

26 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I just received my PUP points and it made me Elite plus.

Yay.  I never think to look so thank you for reminding me.  I got mine too.  It's nice when things work.

4 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I just received my PUP points and it made me Elite plus.

Congrats!!  Us too!!😀

I have had fun and am glad we had a way to earn points and become Elite Plus without having to sail one more time as Elite level.  Not sure if there is much difference, but it was a nice way to pass time without sailing. Now if they can keep sailing.  I think they will.

Edited by shipshape sam

4 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Yay.  I never think to look so thank you for reminding me.  I got mine too.  It's nice when things work.

Take a screen shot for your records.  Some have done the PUP requirement and indicated they have never received the points.

I've gotten to the point with all of my loyalty accounts to keep a spreadsheet.  I track my airline, hotel, even Amtrak points, along with expiration dates.  I added a place for Celebrity PUP so I can easily see what activity I did, and when/if the points posted.  

Now that Celebrity is returning to sail, I wonder how frequent/infrequent the PUP emails and activities will become.  I am glad they were doing this, and I wish I had participated sooner.  Was there (before the pandemic)  a set pattern for when emails went out with opportunities for earning PUP?

45 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

Was there (before the pandemic)  a set pattern for when emails went out with opportunities for earning PUP?

No, this is a post pandemic activity.

The only way you could earn Captain’s Club points was by sailing.

• Like 1