Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

RE: 'flooding the lines'....  The Captains' Club line was obviously not flooded on the day I called.  Immediate answer, no hold. Apparently, they have dedicated phone agents who are not busy (or trained to do) processing refunds. Different departments.

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I think you have to GO on the cruise first.

That works too; although it will depend on if we go on a Feb 2021 7 day cruise as to whether or not the 10 loyalty points would even make a difference. If the Feb cruise gets cancelled, then the 10 points would have allowed us to make Elite+ prior to the 5 day cruise. But since we probably won't need that extra 2 bags of laundry, one for each of us, during those 5 days, it's really no big deal. To be honest the best part was just being able to participate in that particular event.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

Not going to be able to get any power up points this week. You have to subscribe to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Unfortunately I don't. My wife was able to get them as she is a Facebook subscriber. Doesn't really seem fair. Oh well such is life

Chemmo, where are you?  Your chance to show us your posh frock and favourite tipple!

1 hour ago, Dave from Ont said:

Not going to be able to get any power up points this week. You have to subscribe to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Unfortunately I don't. My wife was able to get them as she is a Facebook subscriber. Doesn't really seem fair. Oh well such is life

Takes like 60 seconds to register for an account and post the X hashtags.

Here's all I did:

image.thumb.png.21237fec2c2f290a371d6f0689010b10.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, dv70 said:

I didn't get the email this week. How does posting something on Twitter get associated with your Captain's Club account?

20 minutes ago, dv70 said:

I didn't get the email this week. How does posting something on Twitter get associated with your Captain's Club account?

STEP 1 STEP 2 STEP 3
Complete Questionnaire Post on Social Tag @CelebrityCruises
Complete the questionnaire below to tell us your social handle on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Dress in your finest evening chic and make your favorite Celebrity beverage at home. Post a picture with #CaptainsClubHappyHour Tag us @CelebrityCruisesand make sure your page is public so we can see it.
Complete all of the above by August 23rd and earn 20 Power Up Points.

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

Not participating in any of these. My FB account is not public, never will be.

That fine, what I'm saying is create another FB account with a different email (perhaps use different first and last name) or create a twitter/IG account for the sole purpose of gaining a CC point.  Plus who knows, perhaps there will be future social media post point offers.  You never have to post again on it if you don't want.  Of the three, twitter will be the fastest yet none should take anyone more than 5mins of your time.

I personally think all cruise lines will have zero choice but to rearrange the loyalty tiers/perks making every loyalty point more valuable.

Why they think their passengers talking about them on social media is a good form of advertising is what baffles me.

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

2 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Not participating in any of these. My FB account is not public, never will be.

I absolutely agree with this. Frankly, I am disappointed that someone in the Celebrity marketing department approved this for distribution, thinking this was an appropriate ask.

We are long time Celebrity cruisers and there is no way we will be participating in this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

That fine, what I'm saying is create another FB account with a different email (perhaps use different first and last name) or create a twitter/IG account for the sole purpose of gaining a CC point.  Plus who knows, perhaps there will be future social media post point offers.  You never have to post again on it if you don't want.  Of the three, twitter will be the fastest yet none should take anyone more than 5mins of your time.

I personally think all cruise lines will have zero choice but to rearrange the loyalty tiers/perks making every loyalty point more valuable.

Why they think their passengers talking about them on social media is a good form of advertising is what baffles me.

I just did it with a twitter account that I had but never used.   As mentioned, it was very straight forward, and I am not a twitter user.  As I dont use twitter, was not an issue for me.   They have had one other promotion earlier that required you to use social media.   Hopefully, they will be doing it often, so I thought I might as well figure out how to do it!

• Thanks 1

I just did it with a twitter account that I had but never used.   As mentioned, it was very straight forward, and I am not a twitter user.  As I dont use twitter, was not an issue for me.   They have had one other promotion earlier that required you to use social media.   Hopefully, they will be doing it often, so I thought I might as well figure out how to do it!

I have accounts but I don’t plan to bother with this one. I don’t want to tell them my handles or advertise for them on social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Both my DW and I just did it and, yes, our FB friends, a combined total of 43 friends and familly, now know we miss going on a Celebrity cruise. We're good with that since they know we love to cruise!

But we agree. If you don't want the 20 CC points, don't do it.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Both my DW and I just did it and, yes, our FB friends, a combined total of 43 friends and familly, now know we miss going on a Celebrity cruise. We're good with that since they know we love to cruise!

You are not getting 20 CC points. You are getting 20 Power Up points. So you and DW are getting 2 CC points. In any case even if Celebrity stays in business or stays in business and does not cut the Captain’s Club my next level is Zenith. Never going to get to Zenith. It would take them establishing another level between Elite Plus and Zenith for me to take this promotion seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

To get your points, your page has to be public. That means that 43 friends and family plus over a billion other FB members now know.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

To get your points, your page has to be public. That means that 43 friends and family plus over a billion other FB members now know.

I thought the specific picture had to be public so the Celebrity Power Up folks could see the picture posted, not all of our FB info and other pictures.

If anyone clicks on my name, they'll basically see what everyone else who is not one of my FB friends will see. Pretty much nothing.

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I thought the specific picture had to be public so the Celebrity Power Up folks could see the picture posted, not all of our FB info and other pictures.

Exactly - the specific picture has to be public - just like the last Power Up Social Media activity (what you missed about sailing) - IF you set it to Friends only, how can they check that you actually posted?

ONE photo - set that photo to public.  It won’t open up the rest of your account for prying eyes.

Easy peasy - will be doing mine later this week.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

2 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

Exactly - the specific picture has to be public - just like the last Power Up Social Media activity (what you missed about sailing) - IF you set it to Friends only, how can they check that you actually posted?

ONE photo - set that photo to public.  It won’t open up the rest of your account for prying eyes.

Easy peasy - will be doing mine later this week.

Thanks for clarifying. I misread the terms it appears. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Thanks for clarifying. I misread the terms it appears. 

It’s easy to misinterpret the way that they wrote it, but this is almost identical to the first social media activity - so going with the photo as public (privacy setting) as it totally makes rational sense (no way they can check it, if not set to public).

Facebook, you can control the privacy settings on each individual post (and that’s what I believe they are referring to).

H.

7 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

It’s easy to misinterpret the way that they wrote it, but this is almost identical to the first social media activity - so going with the photo as public (privacy setting) as it totally makes rational sense (no way they can check it, if not set to public).

Facebook, you can control the privacy settings on each individual post (and that’s what I believe they are referring to).

H.

However, as my DW continues to remind me, make sure your next post is set back to Friends Only or whatever you had it set at; otherwise it will be set by default to your last post which in this case will be public.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave from Ont said:

+1

Dont have a FB or Instagram account and don’t intend on ever having one. 

mac_tlc