Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

Sorry but I got e-mail saying not to bring politics on this board it said it was from you so again I am sorry if it was not you

Members can’t send emails or messages to other Cruise Critic members. Administrators and moderators can send messages. I am not an administrator or moderator so I can’t send you any messages or emails. You didn’t get anything from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

Members can’t send emails or messages to other Cruise Critic members. Administrators and moderators can send messages. I am not an administrator or moderator so I can’t send you any messages or emails. You didn’t get anything from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Again I say I am sorry

10 hours ago, Bellfree Bat said:

Has anyone gotten any points? I have not and have done all of them!

We've gotten 19 so far and are waiting on 8 more from the recent PU event. You haven't gotten any yet? From what I understand the only way you know if they are added is to keep track of how many you started with as their addition is not documented anywhere in your online account that we can find.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

27 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We've gotten 19 so far and are waiting on 8 more from the recent PU event. You haven't gotten any yet? From what I understand the only way you know if they are added is to keep track of how many you started with as their addition is not documented anywhere in your online account that we can find.

Points are awarded around the 14th of the month following the activity. I have completed 4 points' worth of activities, 3 in June and 1 in July, all were awarded exactly on the 14th of the following month.

On 8/31/2020 at 5:55 PM, jelayne said:

Thanks!  Me too.  It’s been submitted.

Will you please forward that email, or extract the link from it and send it to me please (so as to protect the privacy of the person who sent it to you)? Thanks.

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Will you please forward that email, or extract the link from it and send it to me please (so as to protect the privacy of the person who sent it to you)? Thanks.

I have asked Joan not to forward the link I provided her as all these Power Up links contain embedded personal information including CC status, residency etc.  I had an existing trust relationship with Joan so I was ok sharing with her.  Sorry.

The promo ended yesterday 9/2 anyway. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I have asked Joan not to forward the link I provided her as all these Power Up links contain embedded personal information including CC status, residency etc.  I had an existing trust relationship with Joan so I was ok sharing with her.  Sorry.

The promo ended yesterday 9/2 anyway. 

I understand completely. Thanks for responding. 

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

Do you currently receive Emails from Celebrity? If not log on to Celebritys website. Under "Welcome your name" select settings. Open Offers & Communications. Click on Celebrity and save. Or contact the Captains Club....1-800-760-0654

Edited by davekathy

20 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Do you currently receive Emails from Celebrity? If not log on to Celebritys website. Under "Welcome your name" select settings. Open Offers & Communications. Click on Celebrity and save. Or contact the Captains Club....1-800-760-0654

I wish!  I receive Celebrity emails, but not Power Up . . . I have completed the request link . . . twice, still none of these offers.  I also called Captain's Club and requested that I receive these.  He said he had sent my request "to marketing".  Still none, even though there have been 2 promotions since my call.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bama4cruisin said:

I wish!  I receive Celebrity emails, but not Power Up . . . I have completed the request link . . . twice, still none of these offers.  I also called Captain's Club and requested that I receive these.  He said he had sent my request "to marketing".  Still none, even though there have been 2 promotions since my call.

Bummer. I'd call again.

I'm having the same sort of luck as @bama4cruisin.Our efforts have been fruitless. PapaFej had gotten the first few Power Up Points emails, then they stopped, so I've depended on links posted here, when they have been available. I completely understand why people do not want to post links that have their CC numbers or any other personal information imbedded. 

@jelayne, life in the new motor home is lovely. It's cool and crisp here in northwestern MT, and we are getting lots of use out of the fireplace in the mornings. Land cruising is fun, and we look forward to the day we can return to sea cruising. 

1 hour ago, gerelmx said:

Some posters have deleted the CC # and other personal data from the link.

You can delete everything, but the data will pre-populate when anyone clicks on the link because your personal information is embedded in the link. We're not OK with sharing that much personal data. YMMV.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kfrey68 said:

I have signed up (at least I think so) 2 times since the program was offered and still no Power Up offers, Elite status.

Any suggestions?

We are not one of those selected to receive the promotions, I think they are worth a damn that I have 9 points missing to be Elite, call the Captains Club and they just tell me don't worry when you finish your next cruise, you will be elite.🤬

Like several people here, I was not receiving the Power Up emails.  For years, I was also not receiving other Celebrity promotional emails despite the fact that my profile showed I signed up for marketing and I specifically signed up for the Power Up emails when I first found out about them a couple months ago.  Celebrity was no help.  So, being a former programmer, I tried a trick that we used to do to “reset switches”.   I was FINALLY able to reset my account and start receiving all the marketing emails by doing the following on my computer (should work similar to phone):  Signed into My Celebrity account; you need to get to your profile so you can reset things.  Click around in your account until you get to the Profile page.  Sometimes it is hard to find.  The programming in the Celebrity website is inconsistent.   Try to go thru Settings; contact information then hit the webpage back arrow.  If you get to your full profile page, then great.  Once you are on the Profile Page you may want to double check the information they have for you especially your email address.  If you sign in with your phone number, I guess it could be possible that Celebrity may not have your correct email address (very unlikely but worth checking). Click Offers and Communications.  UNCHECK EVERYTHING – meaning no emails from Celebrity etc.  Hit the back arrow and get out of that page.  Keep hitting the back arrow until you get to a web page show the works MY ACCOUNT – select that and LOG OUT completely.  Do not “X” out of the webpage.  You need to sign out of your account completely.  I waited until the next day to re-select everything I had just unchecked.  Might not be necessary to wait but that is what I did.  So, next day, I went back into Profile, Checked the marketing emails from Celebrity (and RCCL), backed out again, signed out AGAIN.  Waited another day, made sure I was logged in and clicked SUBSCRIBE which should be on the top of the main Celebrity page.  Within a day, I started receiving miscellaneous Celebrity marketing emails (that I had NOT been receiving for years).  The next time a Power Up email was sent, I FINALLY received it.  After mine started working, I did the same thing to my husband’s account since he had the same problem.  Unfortunately, there has not been a Power Up email for over 2 weeks so it is going to be hard to tell if it works.  Maybe we will get one next Wednesday.  If this does not work, you might want to try using a different browser to reset things.  Hopefully, this will help some people.  It worked for me and DH.  GOOD LUCK!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gerelmx said:

We are not one of those selected to receive the promotions, I think they are worth a damn that I have 9 points missing to be Elite, call the Captains Club and they just tell me don't worry when you finish your next cruise, you will be elite.🤬

I thought you were already elite? Power up points are for classic and above  tier levels.

Edited by davekathy

21 hours ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Like several people here, I was not receiving the Power Up emails.  For years, I was also not receiving other Celebrity promotional emails despite the fact that my profile showed I signed up for marketing and I specifically signed up for the Power Up emails when I first found out about them a couple months ago.  Celebrity was no help.  So, being a former programmer, I tried a trick that we used to do to “reset switches”.   I was FINALLY able to reset my account and start receiving all the marketing emails by doing the following on my computer (should work similar to phone):  Signed into My Celebrity account; you need to get to your profile so you can reset things.  Click around in your account until you get to the Profile page.  Sometimes it is hard to find.  The programming in the Celebrity website is inconsistent.   Try to go thru Settings; contact information then hit the webpage back arrow.  If you get to your full profile page, then great.  Once you are on the Profile Page you may want to double check the information they have for you especially your email address.  If you sign in with your phone number, I guess it could be possible that Celebrity may not have your correct email address (very unlikely but worth checking). Click Offers and Communications.  UNCHECK EVERYTHING – meaning no emails from Celebrity etc.  Hit the back arrow and get out of that page.  Keep hitting the back arrow until you get to a web page show the works MY ACCOUNT – select that and LOG OUT completely.  Do not “X” out of the webpage.  You need to sign out of your account completely.  I waited until the next day to re-select everything I had just unchecked.  Might not be necessary to wait but that is what I did.  So, next day, I went back into Profile, Checked the marketing emails from Celebrity (and RCCL), backed out again, signed out AGAIN.  Waited another day, made sure I was logged in and clicked SUBSCRIBE which should be on the top of the main Celebrity page.  Within a day, I started receiving miscellaneous Celebrity marketing emails (that I had NOT been receiving for years).  The next time a Power Up email was sent, I FINALLY received it.  After mine started working, I did the same thing to my husband’s account since he had the same problem.  Unfortunately, there has not been a Power Up email for over 2 weeks so it is going to be hard to tell if it works.  Maybe we will get one next Wednesday.  If this does not work, you might want to try using a different browser to reset things.  Hopefully, this will help some people.  It worked for me and DH.  GOOD LUCK!

Thank you for posting this helpful info since Celebrity clearly doesn't care whether or not its IT systems work.

1 hour ago, cruiseb4udie said:

Thanks for your kind words Happy Cruiser!  Hopefully we will receive a new Power Up email next week and some folks who have never received one will finally have a chance to earn some points.

While I'm currently having no difficulty receiving these and other mailouts from Celebrity, I know that there are many more than @Happy Cruiser 6143 who will benefit from your post. In the mean time, I'm saving your solution, just in case.

19 hours ago, Fouremco said:

While I'm currently having no difficulty receiving these and other mailouts from Celebrity, I know that there are many more than @Happy Cruiser 6143 who will benefit from your post. In the mean time, I'm saving your solution, just in case.

I have had no problem getting the e-mails.  I just think it was very kind of @cruiseb4udie to take the time to post a potential workaround for those who do.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 2:10 PM, gerelmx said:

I understand your frustration. This is from the T&C's on X's website:

Club Points

Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club membership tiers are based on Club Points. Prior to November 25, 2013, members earned one credit for sailing, one credit by sailing on an itinerary of 12-nights or longer, including Cruisetours (applicable to sailings on or after January 1, 2003); and earned one credit by sailing in a Concierge Class stateroom, AquaClass® stateroom, or Suite (applicable to sailings on or after January 1, 2004). After November 25, 2013, credits were converted to Club Points at a ratio of 1 credit to 30 Club Points. Club Points are earned based on stateroom category purchased and length of cruise including Cruisetours and Celebrity Explorations when you sail with Celebrity Cruises or Azamara Club Cruises. Celebrity Cruises makes it possible for you to earn up to eighteen Club Points per night. Club points can also be earned through the Power Up Points program offered by Celebrity Cruises.**

**Power Up Points can be earned by eligible members in the US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand for various non-sailing activities such as taking surveys, participating in social media activities and making bookings. Opportunities to earn Power Up Points are emailed to eligible members by Celebrity Cruises from time to time. Power Up Points convert to Club points at a ratio of 10 Power Up Points to 1 Club Point. All Power Up Points earned in a calendar month are converted to Club Points and added to a participating member’s Club Point balance within 14 days of month’s end. Club Points converted from Power Up Points in a given month will be rounded up to the nearest whole Club Point. All terms and conditions of a Power Up Points activity must be met to be eligible to receive the associated Power Up Points. Eligible members may participate once per activity. The processing of personal information related to Power Up Points activities is subject to our Privacy Policy available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/privacy-policy and our Social Media Fan Page Notice available here: https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/social . Certain Power Up Points activities may be construed as financial incentive(s) under the California Consumer Privacy Act. You may opt in/out by your participation in any Power Up Point activity. Club Points converted from Power Up Points are subject to all terms and conditions of the Captains Club program. Power Up Points and Captains Club program terms and conditions are subject to change at any point without prior notice.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1