Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

30 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Far cheaper way than when we aimed for Elite. We took a 2 day repositioning cruise from Amsterdam to Southampton, to make sure we were Elite for our 14 night cruise.

Yes, mine was cheaper but I bet yours was WAYYYYY more fun!!  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Far cheaper way than when we aimed for Elite. We took a 2 day repositioning cruise from Amsterdam to Southampton, to make sure we were Elite for our 14 night cruise.

If your trip was on Constellation  September 2012, we were on the same cruise for the same reason as you. Very pleasant way to move up to Elite to prepare for a longer Transatlantic cruise a couple of months later. Now using Power Up challenges to help (a little) toward Elite Plus.

Edited by SFCAcruiser
added another sentence

I really don't understand why people would post the answers.  I thought the port guides were interesting, much better than anything Celebrity has done previously.  If people are too lazy to read them, then they probably don't deserve the extra 2 points.

I did look at ports I was supposed to go to this year and ports I've been to previously.  I noticed that they have the cruise terminal in Reykjavik misidentified.  So somebody at Celebrity sorta did their homework, but not quite.  But their current effort certainly beats what they used to hand out on the ships--how to get to Diamonds International, etc.  So I give Celebrity points for that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I really don't understand why people would post the answers.  I thought the port guides were interesting, much better than anything Celebrity has done previously.  If people are too lazy to read them, then they probably don't deserve the extra 2 points.

I did look at ports I was supposed to go to this year and ports I've been to previously.  I noticed that they have the cruise terminal in Reykjavik misidentified.  So somebody at Celebrity sorta did their homework, but not quite.  But their current effort certainly beats what they used to hand out on the ships--how to get to Diamonds International, etc.  So I give Celebrity points for that.

I have a different view. I have no hope of taking a cruise to those ports anytime in the foreseeable future, if ever.  So to me having to do “research “ in order to answer quiz questions is ridiculous.  I don’t see how it helps Celebrity at all for me to do that.    I understand the marketing/research value of the other initiatives, but this one I just found annoying, like I was being treated like a kid in school. Perhaps Covid crazy is getting to me🙂

11 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

I have a different view. I have no hope of taking a cruise to those ports anytime in the foreseeable future, if ever.  So to me having to do “research “ in order to answer quiz questions is ridiculous.  I don’t see how it helps Celebrity at all for me to do that.    I understand the marketing/research value of the other initiatives, but this one I just found annoying, like I was being treated like a kid in school. Perhaps Covid crazy is getting to me🙂

Since you brought it up. I agree.  Covid crazy is getting to you.  Don't worry, we'll all get through this year.  I think it was a clever test.  It required very little effort.  Just 8 Google inquiries.  I may do that in an hour anyway.  I never knew they were going to those ports, so it was valuable.  It doesn't matter if I go in the next year or not.

37 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

then don't do it! no one is forcing you - I found it interesting and something to do to educate yourself... perhaps they will do one with a port you might go to or get you intrigued enough to maybe book a cruise.  They aren't just doing this to give out points they are trying to gain some interest. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

They aren't just doing this to give out points they are trying to gain some interest. 

And in that they are achieving their aim.

If they give some people 2 points who weren't interested in that region anyway, it's immaterial.

7 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

But it is not about you. There are thousands of people who may take an interest in the ports

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

then don't do it! no one is forcing you - I found it interesting and something to do to educate yourself... perhaps they will do one with a port you might go to or get you intrigued enough to maybe book a cruise.  They aren't just doing this to give out points they are trying to gain some interest. 

I agree!  I actually found these ports quite interesting to learn about.  I have been to Italy and Greece via Celebrity Cruises; but have not experienced the ports of call mentioned in the quiz.   I really enjoyed learning about them and happily did the quiz.

I cannot believe that people are griping about learning a little bit more of what Celebrity offers AND earning 2 “free” captain club points for very little effort.   2 points is equivalent to staying one night in an Oceanview (or Inside) cabin.

Quite generous of Celebrity in my humble opinion 🌻  I guess some people just want stuff for free with no effort.

• Like 2

But it is not about you. There are thousands of people who may take an interest in the ports

This was a fun activity. I enjoyed reading about the new ports to answer the quiz. The activity did make interested in visiting the new ports on the quiz. Also it is great they are adding new Mediterranean ports. New ports gives me added reasons to book another Med cruise with Celebrity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Celebrity Captain's Club!

I learned something and had a good time answering the questions.

Power up has kept me engaged during these crazy times. I hope Celebrity continues this program, even though I will not change my CC status with the additional points.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TequilaJane said:

By posting the answers you have defeated the purpose of Celebrity awarding the points. I would expect them to never do this type of Power Up again. They want you to look at the Celebrity web pages to entice you to book.

Considering X monitors this board, you may be correct. 🙁

It would be a shame...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TequilaJane said:

By posting the answers you have defeated the purpose of Celebrity awarding the points. I would expect them to never do this type of Power Up again. They want you to look at the Celebrity web pages to entice you to book.

I didn't know there were Celebrity web pages for ports.  That would have been the last place I would have thought to look.

15 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I didn't know there were Celebrity web pages for ports.  That would have been the last place I would have thought to look.

I think the email referenced the answers were in the port pages, also linked in the email.  

16 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

I think the email referenced the answers were in the port pages, also linked in the email.  

I didn't connect the link for VIEW Celebrity ports to a place where I could read and research the ports.  I thought it was only pictures.  But having said that, I'm still don't know how to get to that port page without the link.  I never knew it existed so I wouldn't have thought to go there for the info.

BTW,  Google got me a perfect score with very little effort.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

21 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

On the left is the button to view the ports, on the right - the button to take the quiz.

1272556832_ScreenShot2020-09-10at1_53_00PM.png.dab8ac20bc93ee7a0e85d3ad82663fe9.png

3 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks, I'm sure that works but I didn't know there was a port page before the quiz.  Did you?  I was hoping to find a path through the drop down menus.

I haven't found a menu link either, which isn't surprising given Celebrity's IT history. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TequilaJane said:

Agree. Like #655 and #659! 🙄

• Thanks 1