Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
cruisestitch

Captain’s Club Power Up Points

Recommended Posts

That's where I found my answers and I thought I was cheating. But post #655 and #659...never mind!! 

 

The ports link is in the email on the left and the link to the quiz is on the right so obviously they intended the port page to be used to find the answers to the quiz. I opened the links and the two pages were side by side in my web browser.

 

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

 


This was a fun activity. I enjoyed reading about the new ports to answer the quiz. The activity did make interested in visiting the new ports on the quiz. Also it is great they are adding new Mediterranean ports. New ports gives me added reasons to book another Med cruise with Celebrity.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

 

I agree.  I've done 4 Med cruises so far and was ready to book another after looking at the port guides!  New places!  Bring it on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

 

The ports link is in the email on the left and the link to the quiz is on the right so obviously they intended the port page to be used to find the answers to the quiz. I opened the links and the two pages were side by side in my web browser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, but just speaking for myself and not seriously. But I also wouldn't post the answers for others to use either. Being serious. 

Edited by davekathy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep, but just speaking for myself and not seriously. But I also wouldn't post the answers for others to use either. Being serious. 


I would not either. It was fun reading about the new ports and finding the answers myself. This was my favorite of the power points activities so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

 


I would not either. It was fun reading about the new ports and finding the answers myself. This was my favorite of the power points activities so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

Agree. I wish there were more like this. It was informative and now has me looking at cruises that go to those ports. I will not do any of the power up points exercises that involve posting to various social media. I am willing to recommend Celebrity to my friends, but I am not working for them in advertising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Other than the handful of people on CC, I wonder how many people are pursuing Power Up points.


Since they continue putting out Power Up point activities it likely they are getting participation beyond CC members.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

 

I agree.  I've done 4 Med cruises so far and was ready to book another after looking at the port guides!  New places!  Bring it on!

 

I really enjoyed learning more about the NEW ports of call offered by Celebrity.  We do have been to the Med several times and have repeated a few places in Greece and Italy.   These new ports are exciting!    and by doing the quiz I learned more about them and that Celebrity is changing it up with additional ports that many of us have never been to.

BRING IT ON!   (love it!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

 


Since they continue putting out Power Up point activities it likely they are getting participation beyond CC members.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

 

And I was thinking it was all about me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 

Thanks, I'm sure that works but I didn't know there was a port page before the quiz.  Did you?  I was hoping to find a path through the drop down menus.

Like you, I didn't know these pages existed either.

 

But I discovered from the drop down menu, you could choose "Destinations", and then choose your desired location. I chose "Europe" and then was able to see each city referenced in the quiz. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blue_Flame said:

Like you, I didn't know these pages existed either.

 

But I discovered from the drop down menu, you could choose "Destinations", and then choose your desired location. I chose "Europe" and then was able to see each city referenced in the quiz. 

 

Thank you ! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Other than the handful of people on CC, I wonder how many people are pursuing Power Up points.

 

It seems to me to be a targeted marketing plan, since so many on here say that they are signed up to receive emails from Celebrity, but do not get these Power Up invites.

 

Targeting to whom is the question...Upper CC tiers? Pax with one or more cruises already booked? Ppl who have sailed recently? 

I don' t know or really care, that's up to the no doubt highly compensated  marketing team, but the invite is apparently  not sent to every email address in their data base. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

 

It seems to me to be a targeted marketing plan, since so many on here say that they are signed up to receive emails from Celebrity, but do not get these Power Up invites...…..

 

Exactly.  They will target these to the people whom they believe will generate the most future sales.  They hope to give those people something tangible to entice them to book more trips or learn more about their habits.  It's funny how many people in the previous surveys said they put bogus answers in because they didn't want to provide personal details or their thoughts to Celebrity, yet when someone doesn't get the email offering them a chance to get a couple CC points they complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I for one appreciate the Power Up Points.  It's going to take forever for me to move on up for a very long time, however!😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

 

It seems to me to be a targeted marketing plan, since so many on here say that they are signed up to receive emails from Celebrity, but do not get these Power Up invites.

 

Targeting to whom is the question...Upper CC tiers? Pax with one or more cruises already booked? Ppl who have sailed recently? 

I don' t know or really care, that's up to the no doubt highly compensated  marketing team, but the invite is apparently  not sent to every email address in their data base. 

 

I hadn't thought about it that way.  I thought it was an incompetent IT Department.  Now you're suggesting that, they don't want me and will direct their market effort to others.  Could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

 Now you're suggesting that, they don't want me and will direct their market effort to others.  Could be.

 

Maybe they're concerned about what you'll do to their pools?

😉😉 😉😉 

 

 

Then again, we are 53 & 56, newly retired and don't urinate in pools, and we don't get the Power Up emails either. 

Hubby got the first two, but then they stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I hadn't thought about it that way.  I thought it was an incompetent IT Department.  Now you're suggesting that, they don't want me and will direct their market effort to others.  Could be.


I believe it is their less than stellar IT department.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

 


I believe it is their less than stellar IT department.

 

My thoughts too. I doubt that DW and I are high on their targeting list, yet we've received every invitation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

 

It seems to me to be a targeted marketing plan, since so many on here say that they are signed up to receive emails from Celebrity, but do not get these Power Up invites.

 

Targeting to whom is the question...Upper CC tiers? Pax with one or more cruises already booked? Ppl who have sailed recently? 

I don' t know or really care, that's up to the no doubt highly compensated  marketing team, but the invite is apparently  not sent to every email address in their data base. 

 

You're giving Celebrity's IT department WAY too much credit.  Not sure they are capable of targeted marketing.  There is some glitch in the system which prevents some from receiving these e-mails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it interesting to read about the Med ports although we'll probably never make it to the Med unless we do a TA.  I also used the site to do some quick research on a couple of ports for our next cruise to either Charleston/Bermuda or the Caribbean (less walking/more relaxation).  I'm happy to receive the points since we had our cruise cancelled this year.  There probably won't be enough points offered to get us to Elite until after our next cruise but the extra points are helpful and appreciated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

I found it interesting to read about the Med ports although we'll probably never make it to the Med unless we do a TA.  I also used the site to do some quick research on a couple of ports for our next cruise to either Charleston/Bermuda or the Caribbean (less walking/more relaxation).  I'm happy to receive the points since we had our cruise cancelled this year.  There probably won't be enough points offered to get us to Elite until after our next cruise but the extra points are helpful and appreciated.  

 

How many points do you need?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I receive emails from Celebrity quite often.  Of course ads about making purchases for specialty restaurants, shore excursions, etc. for our booked 2 future cruises.  I read about Power Up on CC but NEVER received an email about them.  I am retired in mid sixties?  Wondering why I never got them.  I just wrote to Celebrity, and after about a week, I finally got an email and enjoyed looking up the ports to find the correct answers to the quiz.  I agree with a prior poster - have no desire to use FB or other social media.  This quiz was a way to learn and get a few more points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 6:44 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

Other than the handful of people on CC, I wonder how many people are pursuing Power Up points.

To this very day I have never received an email or have been directed to participate in this promo.  It does not matter I could never earn enough PUP's to go from E+ to Z.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

To this very day I have never received an email or have been directed to participate in this promo.  It does not matter I could never earn enough PUP's to go from E+ to Z.  

 

Yep I understand.  I'm still a couple of hundred points away from E+, but it's unlikely that a couple of Power Up Points will get me to E+ any sooner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...