Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 hours ago, 39august said:

I don't understand why both spouses are signing in to take the survey. Aren't points for one spouse equal for both spouses, as well as all minor children living in the same household?  That's how C&A works on RCI. 

No, spouses would share the highest level but could have different points.  Minor children share the same level as their parents on their most recent cruise together.  For example if the parents and child sailed together when the parents were Elite, the child has Elite status.  However if the parents went on additional cruises and reached Elite Plus, but the child never sailed with the parents after they reached Elite Plus, the child would only retain the Elite status.  Everyone only has points for cruises they actually sailed.

22 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I  doubt this will add up enough to really matter.  Earning 2 points for a survey is just nothing in the big picture of Cap't Club levels  (Less than 1 night in a verandah room).  Nevertheless, I also received it and completed the survey.  My DW did not receive it, however I just changed the defaulted CC # in the link to hers, completed the survey, hit submit and got the "thanks for completing" message so I'll assume if you follow the link below you can get to the page.

https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=728ed288a55fc6764c10525787bbaa41c9d8dad4bfcd10665af0900610a305cd148e25522e65c30c8292c80b55283b2310178b936ca2b0bb2583fda18f00c6d3b98da936699f8a95b9fe7b3de05c07fc301ccc0fb269a9cee855bab19a9729a9

We didn't receive any emails either but thanks for posting the link. We were able to submit both surveys.

23 hours ago, garyl62 said:

I  doubt this will add up enough to really matter.  Earning 2 points for a survey is just nothing in the big picture of Cap't Club levels  (Less than 1 night in a verandah room). 

Ah, but there are always people posting on here that they are "just a couple of points away" from the next status and should they do a super short cruise just to earn them. So they could help in those cases.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Ah, but there are always people posting on here that they are "just a couple of points away" from the next status and should they do a super short cruise just to earn them. So they could help in those cases.

So true.  I only looked at the long run of getting the ultimate goal, whichever level that may be for each of us.

Of course now we'll have a whole new group of people saying since they have done so many surveys they are now only 1 point away from the next level so can't they just do another survey before their sailing?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

So true.  I only looked at the long run of getting the ultimate goal, whichever level that may be for each of us.

Of course now we'll have a whole new group of people saying since they have done so many surveys they are now only 1 point away from the next level so can't they just do another survey before their sailing?

Hope not too many move into the E and E plus groups from just doing the surveys and activities.

The on ship parties  and activities are already over crowded with Celeb guests at those levels,  plus the  Royal  Diamond crossovers..  And there is NO tier between E + and  Zenith..

Hope not too many move into the E and E plus groups from just doing the surveys and activities.

The on ship parties  and activities are already over crowded with Celeb guests at those levels,  plus the  Royal  Diamond crossovers..  And there is NO tier between E + and  Zenith..

When you consider that none who would normally be reaching Elite or Elite Plus have been progressing for months I would not worry about too many moving up by getting a few points doing surveys or activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

I really doubt this will cause people to achieve a level they otherwise would not have made.  It may allow someone to get to a level slightly sooner, but at this early stage of the program I guess I'm thinking points will be earned in small amounts and not often enough to really matter in the long run.  If someone cruises enough to make Elite, they'll make it sooner or later.  I doubt a few surveys, facebook likes, or other little things along the way will result in many more people at a ship party that wouldn't have been there without this program.

Looks like Charles4515 beat me to the point, although he said it in a much more concise manner than I.

Edited by garyl62
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

I really doubt this will cause people to achieve a level they otherwise would not have made.  It may allow someone to get to a level slightly sooner, but at this early stage of the program I guess I'm thinking points will be earned in small amounts and not often enough to really matter in the long run.  If someone cruises enough to make Elite, they'll make it sooner or later.  I doubt a few surveys, facebook likes, or other little things along the way will result in many more people at a ship party that wouldn't have been there without this program.

Looks like Charles4515 beat me to the point, although he said it in a much more concise manner than I.

To be fair, for a Classic member like me, 20 points equal ten Inside nights, which is what we always book anyway. In other words, I can "save" just over one 7-night cruise to reach Select. But yes, for Select members and above, 20 points may only mean nothing to very little.

A few more surveys or whatever, each giving perhaps ten or 20 points, and I may turn out being Select even before our next planned cruise, Apex in April 2021!

Edited by mikkelhansen

13 minutes ago, mikkelhansen said:

To be fair, for a Classic member like me, 20 points equal ten Inside nights, which is what we always book anyway. In other words, I can "save" just over one 7-night cruise to reach Select. But yes, for Select members and above, 20 points may only mean nothing to very little.

A few more surveys or whatever, each giving perhaps ten or 20 points, and I may turn out being Select even before our next planned cruise, Apex in April 2021!

I may have misunderstood you, but it sounds to me that you might be miscalculating the points gained. While the first survey was good for 20 Power Up points, those translate to only 2 Captains Club points:

For every 10 Power Up Points earned, you’ll get 1 Club Point. 

• Like 1

Except the survey gives you 2 club points, because of the 10:1 ratio of power up points to club points. That’s probably why they created the new thing to make you think you are getting something. In the grand scheme you aren’t getting anything.

I am all in favor of more surveys because they need to ask their repeat customers questions to steer their decision making. This allows them to link whatever demographics and cruise history and home location (via your captain club number) with your survey result.

I took the survey mainly to provide feedback, I don’t know why they haven’t done this sooner - it is a huge source of information they have been ignoring up until now.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I may have misunderstood you, but it sounds to me that you might be miscalculating the points gained. While the first survey was good for 20 Power Up points, those translate to only 2 Captains Club points:

For every 10 Power Up Points earned, you’ll get 1 Club Point. 

2 minutes ago, rcixfan5 said:

Except the survey gives you 2 club points, because of the 10:1 ratio of power up points to club points. That’s probably why they created the new thing to make you think you are getting something. In the grand scheme you aren’t getting anything.

Whoops! You're both right, I somehow thought it was 20 Captain's Club points, but it's two! It'll take a liiittle longer to get to Select then...

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

So if I understand you correctly, the point made by @39august is right on the money, there's no benefit having both spouses going for Power Up points. Unless, of course, they each want to express their differing views on preferred itineraries or ships!

Agree. But not all spouses have the same cruise points but can have the same tier level. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Let me get this right. If my DW is Elite+ and gets 2 free bags of laundry per cruise as an Elite+ perk, then because we're in the same cabin, I also get 2 bags of laundry per leg even though I'm only Elite? 

You would be elite + also because you are married to her. You would be E+ with less cruise points. 

5 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Let me get this right. If my DW is Elite+ and gets 2 free bags of laundry per cruise as an Elite+ perk, then because we're in the same cabin, I also get 2 bags of laundry per leg even though I'm only Elite? 

Yep.  You also get your own internet minutes.

Edited by ipeeinthepool

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Of course he would because he would also be E+ because his wife is E+. 

I guess the same applies for two separate individuals roomed in the same cabin where one is Elite+ and the other has never cruised on X before. Wow! From our experience that rule is unique to Celebrity as that's definitely not the case on Princess, HAL, Oceania or any other cruise line we sail on.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I guess the same applies for two separate individuals roomed in the same cabin where one is Elite+ and the other has never cruised on X before. Wow! From our experience that rule is unique to Celebrity as that's definitely not the case on Princess, HAL, Oceania or any other cruise line we sail on.

Nope. Not on Celebrity either.  A lower tier level member not married to a higher tier level member sharing the same stateroom would not be considered the higher tier level. With RC (not sure about Celebrity) you don't even need to be married to have the same tier level. Just live together at the same address. If you break up neither loses their tier level. Again, cruise points could be different for each person. 

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Nope. Not on Celebrity either.  A lower tier level member not married to a higher tier level member sharing the same stateroom would not be considered the higher tier level. With RC (not sure about Celebrity) you don't even need to be married to have the same tier level. Just live together at the same address. If you break up neither loses their tier level. Again, cruise points could be different for each person. 

Interesting. I guess the key is the same address as X has never asked us for our marriage licence and we have different last names.

I am all in favor of more surveys because they need to ask their repeat customers questions to steer their decision making. This allows them to link whatever demographics and cruise history and home location (via your captain club number) with your survey result.

I took the survey mainly to provide feedback, I don’t know why they haven’t done this sooner - it is a huge source of information they have been ignoring up until now.

That is why I took the survey. I don’t mind giving them feedback. I will never get to Zenith from Elite Plus so not any incentive for me to get more points. They probably would do themselves some good if they made a new level in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Just to reiterate, you need to fill out all of the answers. Or, make sure you read the requirements on the left next to each section.

I hope to hear from some happy campers in the future who were able to move up.