Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

On 11/15/2020 at 3:20 PM, ORV said:

Pretty much an internet myth, while it might have gone up, or down,  I've seen prices remain stable week after week, with no clearing of caches or history. 

On some airlines sites I see prices remain the same for weeks but on other airlines  I have seen the price go up and down somewhat during the same day. I think their pricing on those airlines uses an algorithm that changes prices based on seats sold versus seats left at the time the fare is checked. But just in case they use cookies I always check fares and book in private browser mode. Can't hurt. 

This morning I received an email from Celebrity, subject "New Captain's Club Enhancements are here".  Under "Programs", it says, "Recently we introduced Power Up Points that allows you to earn points from home. Now we've created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more."  But when I clicked on "Learn More", I couldn't find this "hub".   I can find my tier, but that was always there.  I still can't see my PUP. Has anyone seen this so-called online hub?Nve created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more.ow, we’ve created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more.Now, we’ve created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more.

17 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

This morning I received an email from Celebrity, subject "New Captain's Club Enhancements are here".  Under "Programs", it says, "Recently we introduced Power Up Points that allows you to earn points from home. Now we've created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more."  But when I clicked on "Learn More", I couldn't find this "hub".   I can find my tier, but that was always there.  I still can't see my PUP. Has anyone seen this so-called online hub?Nve created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more.ow, we’ve created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more.Now, we’ve created an online hub where you can track those points, along with your tier, benefits, and more.

Mine still looks exactly the same as it did last week, with no breakout of PUP points.

1 hour ago, islandwoman said:

I went and logged in and although I could see some difference i couldn't find the hub either. 

5 hours ago, Bertram4me said:

Has anyone received the points for the Galapagos webinar? 

Can anyone tell me what this is please?

I have been completing the activities that I received emails for, but they were only worth 1 or 2 Captains Club points. I contacted Captains Club UK as I thought maybe I was not receiving all the invites. They didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned a Galapagos webinar worth 5 Captains Club points. I wonder if it was area specific, just to North America. Does anyone still have a link to the details for this that I can pass to the UK division. Thanks,

15 minutes ago, laslomas said:

Can anyone tell me what this is please?

I have been completing the activities that I received emails for, but they were only worth 1 or 2 Captains Club points. I contacted Captains Club UK as I thought maybe I was not receiving all the invites. They didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned a Galapagos webinar worth 5 Captains Club points. I wonder if it was area specific, just to North America. Does anyone still have a link to the details for this that I can pass to the UK division. Thanks,

it's on the USA website

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-september-2020

27 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

Thanks for the information. I cannot see the link as it changes to the UK website on opening , and it was not on our newsletter. Never mind, I see now it was something not open to all of Captains Club, so I just have to mark that down as 5 points missed.  

1 hour ago, laslomas said:

Thanks for the information. I cannot see the link as it changes to the UK website on opening , and it was not on our newsletter. Never mind, I see now it was something not open to all of Captains Club, so I just have to mark that down as 5 points missed.  

Perhaps Celebrity couldn't broadcast the webinar in the UK.

select the USA site, the copy the link

2nd option select the USA site and search September Captains Club newsletter

17 hours ago, hcat said:

Will it still be worth it getting extra points to move up tiers, with the newly  downgraded E  and E plus benefits?

Remember that Celebrity's Captain's Club tiers have reciprocity with Royal Caribbean and Azamara.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

13 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Not in my view.  And you forgot about the downgraded Zenith benefits.

Totally agree! The best advantage to me of going to Elite+ was the Specialty Coffee and Tea benefit. That is no longer a benefit with everyone now having drink packages. Service in Al Bacio was usually slow and finding seats at some hours were impossible. I can only see the crowds becoming more of a challenge.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 5:50 PM, Charles4515 said:

On some airlines sites I see prices remain the same for weeks but on other airlines  I have seen the price go up and down somewhat during the same day. I think their pricing on those airlines uses an algorithm that changes prices based on seats sold versus seats left at the time the fare is checked. But just in case they use cookies I always check fares and book in private browser mode. Can't hurt. 

Overall your comment is accurate (I travel quite a bit).  Highlighted portion, most anything including cruise ships, hotels, etc, do this exact same thing.  Generally is occupancy on a specific category.  Also another trick airlines often do, they offer lowing pricing when it's one person, price increases if you book two+ together.  So you may quickly want to see pricing, leave it at 1 adult, see a $200 price, then later in the day you adjust to 2 adults and now it's $250; many people blame that on cookies.

17 minutes ago, Bertram4me said:

Can someone tell me the best way to check on the status of missing points (Galapagos)?

Thanks,

Mark

Call Captains club 800-760-0654. I called about the last social media post activity. They asked me to send a screenshot. The verification for the Galapagos webinar will probably require them to check your registration on their end.

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

Call Captains club 800-760-0654. I called about the last social media post activity. They asked me to send a screenshot. The verification for the Galapagos webinar will probably require them to check your registration on their end.

Thanks!