Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

26 minutes ago, helovestrains said:

When I went to register the response was webinar is full.  

Ditto. They must have a very limited capacity for it to be full within such a short period of time. Assuming, of course, that it's not just another Celebrity IT glitch.

2 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Ditto. They must have a very limited capacity for it to be full within such a short period of time. Assuming, of course, that it's not just another Celebrity IT glitch.

I wondered the same thing! It seems odd (or stupid business practice) to offer something to thousands of Captains Club members that the vast majority would be unable to access within an hour of receiving the offer. I sent an email to X and called. The call resulted in the rep on the phone accessing the same link and saying it must be at capacity when he received the same screen message that we saw. I wonder what the email reply will be. I clicked the link and got to the registration page. I then went to my travel folder to check on our Captains Club numbers and when I returned, I got the Webinar full page. That was less than an hour after receiving the email. If not another of X's infamous IT glitches, if it is really full that quickly.....?????

My husband (xxxxxxxxxxxx– Captains Club #xxxxxxxxxx) and I (xxxxxxxxxx – Captains Club #xxxxxxxxx) received an email offer of Power Up Points to attend a webinar this morning at 9:03 AM EST. We each clicked the link and then went to look up our Captains Club membership numbers. We returned before 10 AM EST to register only to reach a page that said “Webinar Full.” Having been loyal Celebrity customers for many years, we have experienced many IT issues over the years and are wondering whether this is yet another of those. It seems inconceivable that Celebrity would make a Power Up Points offer to thousands of its loyal passengers and not be able to deliver that offer to passengers who responded within one hour of the offer. In a time when Celebrity only has good will to offer its many loyal customers, this seems like an extremely poor decision if it is that limited and not an IT issue.

We are very interested in attending the webinar and any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

name   Captains Club #xxxxxxxxx email address  Phone xxx-xxx-xxxx

name   Captains Club #xxxxxxxxx  email address Phone xxx-xxx-xxxx

Above is the email I sent. Awaiting a reply.

32 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

That e-mail arrived at 6:18am Pacific Time.  CC must not want many attendees from the West Coast.

Ours was time-stamped 6:12 am...and it was "full" when I awoke.  Serious "East Coast Bias".  And it sucks...For us, our NEXT cruise, the first one, hopefully, post-Pandemic, is on Apex...and I REALLY want to see the webinar...I'm not just in it for the points.  And, based on past comments on this thread, I'm assuming a lot of those folks who filled it registered BOTH spouses separately and plan on logging on to insure points and leaving it running as background...or other "not really interested but free points are free points " folks...

I registered within nine minutes of receiving the email (based on the email timestamp). It took me a minute to look up my CC number.

Given the apparently limited registration, this favored people on the East Coast.

If they're worried or constrained by tech issues for registration volume, could they consider adding another webinar session (they wouldn't have to give the CC points twice)?

My invitation was timestamped 9:03 AM EST.  I just happened to be online reading my email at the time and I registered at 9:19 AM EST.  I guess I was lucky.  Celebrity seems to have over-compensated for registering more people than they could accommodate for the Galapagos webinar.  Perhaps if enough people ask, they would add another webinar session, as EvoUSA suggested.

3 hours ago, tert333 said:

I sent a note to the email address identified in the response that it was full.   Will let you know once(if) I hear back from them...

CaptainsClubWebinars@Celebrity.com

I sent one too telling them what I thought.  Maybe we need to tell them that the west coast is 3 hours behind the east coast?

2 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

That e-mail arrived at 6:18am Pacific Time.  CC must not want many attendees from the West Coast.

Yes, east coast biased, but then, we already knew that by the number of sailings from there.  It seems these days that Celebrity is shooting themselves in the foot every time they try something.  Also, do we really need PUPs when Captains Club points don't seem to matter any more?  I have to say, though it was not the points that mattered to me this time.  I just wanted to see the Apex.  Guess I won't be seeing it along with all the other west coasters.

6 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

Having been loyal Celebrity customers for many years, we have experienced many IT issues over the years and are wondering whether this is yet another of those. It seems inconceivable that Celebrity would make a Power Up Points offer to thousands of its loyal passengers and not be able to deliver that offer to passengers who responded within one hour of the offer.

If they present the webinar via Zoom, there is a limit on attendees, which I believe is 100 people. I know that because one Sunday morning, our Church minister locked the ‘room’ when it reached 97. He said if he had left it open and 4 people had signed up, then we all could have been kicked out.

Edited by upwarduk

6 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

If they present the webinar via Zoom, there is a limit on attendees, which I believe is 100 people. I know that because one Sunday morning, our Church minister locked the ‘room’ when it reached 97. He said if he had left it open and 4 people had signed up, then we all could have been kicked out.

They're using GoToWebinar, although like Zoom or other platforms, the maximum number of participants varies depending on the plan paid for (the more expensive, the more participants).

It looks like GoToWebinar maxes out at 3,000 (Zoom maxes out at 10,000).

8 hours ago, helovestrains said:

When I went to register the response was webinar is full.  

Same here.  They clearly don’t want any west coast participants as by the time we were up and looking at email this was full.  We are very annoyed!  So much for PUP as a way of generating loyalty!

We got our email at 8:03 am (Chicago) and I got my email confirmation at 8:40 am.  It did not occur to me that the number of registrants would be so limited.  I did not register my wife or family because they would not be interested in watching the webinar at the scheduled time.

Edited by mahdnc

Well, they've certainly succeeded in p***ing off all of us West Coast customers.  Imagine making an offer only to people in the East...or those of us in the west, but only the insomniacs who are up and on their computers at the crack of dawn...basically telling us "Look what we did while you were sleeping but we have nothing left to offer you!"

OTOH, they've also rendered the Captains Club perks virtually worthless...so, maybe it matters little anyway...

BTW, my wife likes to watch shows like American Idol and the Voice....and I always laugh when they have "Live shows" and "Audience voting"...except it's NOT live here in the West...and they run some words across the bottom of the screen telling us, despite what the host is saying, that "Voting is closed" as all of this really happened three hours ago...not that I care to waste my time voting anyway...

Edited by Bruin Steve
  • Like 1