Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

Well, they've certainly succeeded in p***ing off all of us West Coast customers.  Imagine making an offer only to people in the East...or those of us in the west, but only the insomniacs who are up and on their computers at the crack of dawn...basically telling us "Look what we did while you were sleeping but we have nothing left to offer you!"

OTOH, they've also rendered the Captains Club perks virtually worthless...so, maybe it matters little anyway...

BTW, my wife likes to watch shows like American Idol and the Voice....and I always laugh when they have "Live shows" and "Audience voting"...except it's NOT live here in the West...and they run some words across the bottom of the screen telling us, despite what the host is saying, that "Voting is closed" as all of this really happened three hours ago...not that I care to waste my time voting anyway...

Back in the days of live TV drama, we on the East Coast got what was in some way the dress rehearsal.  Three hours later the cast had to do it again 'for the West Coast.'

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Well, they've certainly succeeded in p***ing off all of us West Coast customers.  Imagine making an offer only to people in the East...or those of us in the west, but only the insomniacs who are up and on their computers at the crack of dawn...basically telling us "Look what we did while you were sleeping but we have nothing left to offer you!"

Also very annoying to those not in North America - we, in the UK, have not had this offer - or the previous Galapagos webinar offer. So certainly not fair to all Captain's Club members. Those possible 10 Captains Club points would have been welcomed by me, even with the dumbed down benefits. 

After the Galapagos offer, I wrote to Captains Club UK. This is their response:

"In regards to the webinar for the Galapagos sailing, this was in addition to the Galapagos quiz that you had completed.  The webinar time slot was scheduled for the early hours of the morning which wouldn't have suited other international markets.  Please be assured that your comments have been passed to the Director of Loyalty and should other opportunities arise for the US only market this will be reviewed internally.

Thanks again for getting in touch and please accept my apologies for any continued disappointment this email may cause."

So I will contact them again and suggest they start their internal review. I am a members and want the same opportunities.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

BTW, my wife likes to watch shows like American Idol and the Voice....and I always laugh when they have "Live shows" and "Audience voting"...except it's NOT live here in the West...and they run some words across the bottom of the screen telling us, despite what the host is saying, that "Voting is closed" as all of this really happened three hours ago...not that I care to waste my time voting anyway...

There's been at least one Presidential election where the winner was announced before the west coast polls closed. I didn't bother voting that year.

We managed to register but, since we never received the points for the Galapagos offer, we are not confident we will get these either. 

I finally called the CC and the person that answered told me that she does not have the information, she has to send an email to the person in Marketing that oversees this program. YIKES! I asked her if she couldn't just look at my account and tell me if there was a recent 5 point accrual. NO! I was told I should hear back in a week or two!

As someone previously said, why do we bother, they have gutted the CC program and its not worth the effort for the points awarded (unless you are 5 points away from the gutted Zenith level).

Edited by Bertram4me
clarification
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bertram4me said:

We managed to register but, since we never received the points for the Galapagos offer, we are not confident we will get these either. 

I finally called the CC and the person that answered told me that she does not have the information, she has to send an email to the person in Marketing that oversees this program. YIKES! I asked her if she couldn't just look at my account and tell me if there was a recent 5 point accrual. NO! I was told I should hear back in a week or two!

As someone previously said, why do we bother, they have gutted the CC program and its not worth the effort for the points awarded (unless you are 5 points away from the gutted Zenith level).

I am still waiting for a call back from CC.  It has been over a week now since they sent a message about my missing points.  She was able to look at my account so that I now know that I am missing points for booking a spa.

15 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am still waiting for a call back from CC.  It has been over a week now since they sent a message about my missing points.  She was able to look at my account so that I now know that I am missing points for booking a spa.

I thought that PUP points related to future bookings were only credited to your account at the conclusion of your cruise.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I thought that PUP points related to future bookings were only credited to your account at the conclusion of your cruise.

This event stated points would be credited now, if the activity was canceled or not completed the points will be retracted.  I think that may have also been the case with some of the other future events also, but I haven't completed any of the future sailing PUP events so I could be mistaken about others.  My DW went through a lot with the Spa event so I know a little more about that one, and it did say points would be credited now with booking.

21 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

This event stated points would be credited now, if the activity was canceled or not completed the points will be retracted.  I think that may have also been the case with some of the other future events also, but I haven't completed any of the future sailing PUP events so I could be mistaken about others.  My DW went through a lot with the Spa event so I know a little more about that one, and it did say points would be credited now with booking.

Thanks for the clarification. Given Celebrity's IT strengths, I really have to wonder how they'll do at tracking these bookings to retract PUPs if a booking is cancelled. 

• Like 2

Received email Tuesday at 7:09 a.m. MST (we are in Arizona), registered approx 7:20 a.m. and received confirmation at 7:23 a.m.

Dec 9 webinar 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. MST.   

Edited by QCAZ

New activity today for 20 PUPs:

Browse our sailings and create your holiday wish list by telling us which cruises interest you the most. Choose your top two cruises and then click the “Make My Wish List” link below. Share the ships, sail dates and destinations with us by December 8th to earn 20 Power Up Points.

Wish List Link/Submission Form: https://pages.email.celebritycruises.com/page.aspx?QS=a4b456927599dbac2aab9a7b697761947ccd9970306de4be701ec92781a2f5bd0e57ad834dd299b3ae6aec62663443b7842ad57847439feeb87813daa38406878e136998cf4749e561af9dfb9e62f88f5e8bb474b15c0f5fba4e2771a5d76b19713f57a3bcb319b4c828b008eec94c44d95a665479386c6007bfec73926bdfb4

The latest "wishlist" opportunity is kind of a joke.  Its like picking candy after Halloween when there is nothing left.  Perhaps if they would come out with the 2022-3 schedule it might be interesting with some choices.  

Edited by Lonedaddy

I'm confused by this one.  Do we fill in cruises we have already booked or are they asking for new ones?  i have no intention of booking anything else at the moment.

These two cruises are on my wish list as I hope they sail.

48 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

I'm confused by this one.  Do we fill in cruises we have already booked or are they asking for new ones?  i have no intention of booking anything else at the moment.

These two cruises are on my wish list as I hope they sail.

I think it ends up being pick any two cruises that are currently listed on the Celebrity website. Maybe they'll use it for gauging demand (or maybe targeted marketing?), but I don't think it's checking at all if you've already booked the cruises you indicated in the wish list.

I don't think it checks to see if you've even entered the correct ship and sail date.

3 minutes ago, EvoUSA said:

I think it ends up being pick any two cruises that are currently listed on the Celebrity website. Maybe they'll use it for gauging demand (or maybe targeted marketing?), but I don't think it's checking at all if you've already booked the cruises you indicated in the wish list.

I don't think it checks to see if you've even entered the correct ship and sail date.

I picked one we are booked on and one other. As for checking, I selected the wrong date for one and it wouldn't accept the submission until I corrected it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

The latest "wishlist" opportunity is kind of a joke.  Its like picking candy after Halloween when there is nothing left.  Perhaps if they would come out with the 2022-3 schedule it might be interesting with some choices.  

The two cruises I selected were both 2022 dates. One March and the other September. The year drop down had 2021, 2022 and 2023. 

Edited by davekathy

Put in a wish list cruise and also an Alaska cruise in June that I am already booked on. It accepted my submission and said I would get the points. Interesting though as my booked Alaska cruise is on the Solstice yet they are showing it on the Millennium. Hmmmm

1 minute ago, Tiggertastic said:

So,far we’ve participated in 5 power up point exercises since june and have not received a single point awarded to our captains club. Is there somewhere specific to look for them? Can anyone give me a tip where to look? Or do I need to ring celebrity?

thanks

After signing in click on "My Tier and Points". If your CC points aren't increasing  I'd call the Captains Club.  

40 minutes ago, Tiggertastic said:

So,far we’ve participated in 5 power up point exercises since june and have not received a single point awarded to our captains club. Is there somewhere specific to look for them? Can anyone give me a tip where to look? Or do I need to ring celebrity?

UK here too and we have had the points awarded by 14th of the following month.