Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

2 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

Ok so Neil has finished and I'll say he was the bright spot in the evening.  His sound was good and he even made fun of the "awkward silence" as things took too long to load or dead spots were present.  

LLP should mic up next time to avoid all the echo. Just wearing airpods like how Neil is wearing makes a big difference.

• Like 4

had trouble understanding LLP.  I'm a court reporter and think she could use a real time reporter to do closed captioning like you see on the news and on some sports events.  That's one of the things court reporters do.  It sounded like she was in an echo chamber and I missed much of what she said, whereas I could hear clearly the others.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bz said:

had trouble understanding LLP.  I'm a court reporter and think she could use a real time reporter to do closed captioning like you see on the news and on some sports events.  That's one of the things court reporters do.  It sounded like she was in an echo chamber and I missed much of what she said, whereas I could hear clearly the others.

I think she would have definitely benefited from a headset (or earbuds), and I agree live closed captioning would be helpful.

Overall, though, I enjoyed the webinar.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the webinar and didn’t have a problem understanding LLP.  I was pleased to see the menu and entertainment changes they are putting in.  We have a cruise on the Edge (our 2nd) booked for April  but after the Webinar we are considering a L & S to the Apex for next April.

• Like 1

Just as an FYI, I had tried to register for the event and it was full.  I just clicked on the link after the fact and the recorded video was available and they did ask for my CC number and such, so I'm assuming I'll get the points.

So...if you missed the event or it was full, go back to your e-mail and hopefully it will still work for you just as it apparently did for me.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Just as an FYI, I had tried to register for the event and it was full.  I just clicked on the link after the fact and the recorded video was available and they did ask for my CC number and such, so I'm assuming I'll get the points.

So...if you missed the event or it was full, go back to your e-mail and hopefully it will still work for you just as it apparently did for me.

Thank you so very much! I've got it going now as background while I sew masks.

Edited by MamaFej
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Ok so Neil has finished and I'll say he was the bright spot in the evening.  His sound was good and he even made fun of the "awkward silence" as things took too long to load or dead spots were present.  

That is exactly what I thought when he called out that silence ... totally real!  I still don't understand why they won't wear a microphone as it would totally elevate the presentation, the echo gets annoying very fast and it feels like they are screaming to a room.

All that said, I thought this was enjoyable and I wish I was sailing on the Apex under normal times 😞  I was on the Edge and this presentation shows a lot of changes from that ship primarily with entertainment and activity which I think looked good.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

It was informative and worth the time. I can’t believe though that they still are doing Petite Chef. So embarrassing. 

Ya I have yet to try that as I can't convince myself to pay to watch cartoon characters dancing on my plate in the dark and I keep thinking I should try it.  The cost just doesn't align.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes this was much better than the other one.   Maybe we can all chip in and get LPP a set of air buds?  Did anyone count the number of times "Instagramable Moment" was used?

Yep, quite a few references to social media "cool stuff", I heard Tik Tok, YouTube, of course Instagram and maybe even the one that can't be mentioned here. I guess they're really going all out to show how Gen X and with it they are. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still enjoy turning my phone off, throwing in the safe and then taking it out the day before disembarkation to charge for the trip home. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORV said:

Yep, quite a few references to social media "cool stuff", I heard Tik Tok, YouTube, of course Instagram and maybe even the one that can't be mentioned here. I guess they're really going all out to show how Gen X and with it they are. Maybe I'm old fashioned but I still enjoy turning my phone off, throwing in the safe and then taking it out the day before disembarkation to charge for the trip home. 

My experience is that, if you have to convince others how "cool" and "with it" you are, you most definitely are neither.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Well, since I don't get the PUP e-mails any more (who knows why, I used to), I don't have that e-mail to go back to and have to rely on the kindness of those on this thread to post the links.  I did try to register, but it was full.  Whatever.  Since Celebrity adopted it's new pricing strategy, Captain's Club levels have lost much if not most of their value, so I can't get too excited about all of this.

5 hours ago, poffles said:

Ya I have yet to try that as I can't convince myself to pay to watch cartoon characters dancing on my plate in the dark and I keep thinking I should try it.  The cost just doesn't align.

My personal opinion was that it was pretty silly. Also I felt sorry for the server. The food was good but not exceptional. Another negative to me is that when I dine the social aspect with others dining with me is important. The dancing characters detracted from that. I preferred the previous specialty concept, Qsine. 

• Like 2