Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

There is an interesting aspect about this notification that differs from the others. It doesn't allow you to substitute CC numbers. For us, the notifications have always come to my DW's email address, but with my name and CC number, even though I'm registered with my own email address. She would forward the email to me, then change the CC entry to hers and then click the submit button to begin the game. Since we both played the game, we both got the points. But some folks earlier in this thread said only one had to play the game if their accounts were "linked" together.

It will be interesting to see if we both get the points since our accounts are theoretically linked as we always sail together and have the same physical address? 

The linked accounts will each show the amount of points accrued by the member with the greatest number of points, and when sailing together will get the benefits earned by the family member with the highest total. 

Just now, Luvcrusn said:

The linked accounts will each show the amount of points accrued by the member with the greatest number of points, and when sailing together will get the benefits earned by the family member with the highest total. 

Just curious, how do the accounts become linked as we don't see any evidence of that when we log into our accounts?

2 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

From Ontario, Canada and at 9:30 EST, have not received the email.  Hope one is delivered 🙂

12:00 EST - now received, but could not enter DH # or forward to him - it is linked to my email address, only.

Will see in January, if he gets the points as well.

1 minute ago, Luvcrusn said:

My wife has the exact number of CC cruise points and I only do the PUP offers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

My wife has the exact number of CC cruise points and I only do the PUP offers. 

My DH's account when logged in showed the same number of points as mine, however there was a disclaimer below the number of points that said some of these points may be from a linked account. That clued me into the fact that one of the PUP activities he'd done wasn't credited to him. I contacted Captains Club and they requested a screenshot of the activity and corrected his account.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, how do the accounts become linked as we don't see any evidence of that when we log into our accounts?

We only have one email address. When I login only my name, tier level and CC points show online. After the last PUP offer I called the CC and asked about my wife's CC number and CC points. The CC rep. told me my wife's points are exactly the same number as mine. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Luvcrusn said:

My DH's account when logged in showed the same number of points as mine, however there was a disclaimer below the number of points that said some of these points may be from a linked account. That clued me into the fact that one of the PUP activities he'd done wasn't credited to him. I contacted Captains Club and they requested a screenshot of the activity and corrected his account.

Agree, when in doubt, call the CC. 

1 hour ago, hvbaskey said:

12:00 EST - now received, but could not enter DH # or forward to him - it is linked to my email address, only.

When you login on Celebrity website whose name (also CC number) shows up? Whose name (CC number) shows up on the PUP emails? Change the CC number on the next PUP offer to the person who isn't showing on Celebrity's website. Do the PUP offer only under that persons CC number. That way all proceeding PUP offers will show that persons current CC points and then you can compare it to the other persons CC points on Celebrity's website when you log in.  They should match. That's how I do it now and this last PUP offer showed my wife's CC number and CC points (she received the PUP offer) to be the same as mine when I login to Celebrity's website. 

Edited by davekathy

The email came to both my and DH's email accounts at approximately 10:08 am ET.  It was for 20 PUP.   Since it did not require inputting a Captain's Club number, I don't think it can be shared.   The fine print says it is for the email recipient only.

Edited by the mice

2 minutes ago, the mice said:

The email came to both my and DH's email accounts at approximately 10:08 am ET.  It was for 20 PUP.   Since it did not require inputting a Captain's Club number, I don't think it can be shared.   The fine print says it is for the email recipient only.

Correct. This PUP offer won't allow changing the CC numbers. 

7 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

Just curious, why share one email address?  It seems to me that it would be confusing in general, as well as causing problems with PUP.

Just curious. Who said anything about sharing another's Email address? 

Edited by davekathy

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

We only have one email address. 

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Just curious. Who said anything about sharing another's Email address? 

I could have sworn you did Dave.

On 12/4/2020 at 3:55 PM, Fouremco said:

To what presentation are you referring? We are talking about the Apex webinar which won't take place until next week.

4 hours ago, davekathy said:

If they are linked to you CC number they all will get the PUPs. 

Has anyone received APEX PUP's yet?

5 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

If you scroll to the bottom of the email, there is the facility to let Celebrity Cruises know the email address of the passenger who isn’t being sent the email. I did that and within 30 minutes, my husband was able to click on the gift box and earn the 20Pup points.

In the past, I had entered for him, by changing my Captain’s Club number to his and so far we have the same number of points.