Captain’s Club Power Up Points

cruisestitch

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

That's not the case here, as Celebrity encourages recipients of the survey invitations to spread the word to other Captain's Club members:

Know a Captain’s Club Member that’s not receiving
Power Up Points activities?

Tell them to subscribe to our emails here to be included.

Thanks- I just tried to sign up on this link.  I will let you know if it worked!

5 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I agree. If people want to get to Zenith then best to cruise more than rely on piddly points promotions like this. You'd think from some of the posts here that Celebrity were giving away 100s of Captain's Club points. 

Phil 

I am Elite+.  I am exactly 2068 CC Points away from Zenith (3000 points).  My next Celebrity cruise is now Aug 2021.  Does not look good for me to ever make Zenith.  

This promotion really does very little for those of us who are Elite Plus and still thousands of points from Zenith...

Who it DOES benefit the most are those people who are only a few points from Elite...and there are a LOT of them...(As opposed to, for example, the number of people within just a few points from Zenith)...

What it is likely to cause is a large number of people reaching Elite earlier than they otherwise would have...which in turn, will cause the Elite Drinking Hours to become more crowded sooner...IMHO, not a good thing...just as when they began the reciprocity thing with RCCL...Suddenly, there were a lot more people using that lounge--which caused them to move it out of the more intimate Michaels and into the big room on the top deck...and, on some cruises, to abandon it altogether in exchange for three drink coupons--which mean nothing when most people have a drink package included in their deal anyway...

6 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

So, if people are mostly getting drink packages, then it doesn't Matter if they are Elite or not, so I am not seeing the problem with having more Elites

The point of the Elite Lounge is NOT that you get free drinks...I can afford to pay for my drinks...

The point is the smaller crowds and more attentive service...By being Elite or higher, at least for two hours, we get to sit somewhere other than a crowded bar where you may not find a seat or table, can't get the attention of a server or bartender, then have to wait a long time to receive your drink.

I drink in the Elite Lounge EVEN if I have that drink package (as I will in three of my next four cruises)...

Really, that Elite Lounge has always been the "crown jewel" of Elite perks...BUT, with so many cruises being marketed with a drink package included, it really devalues the Captains Club benefits...Since we already had free drinks for a large portion of the time we would have been drinking anyway, that package is not worth nearly as much to Elite CC members as it is to newbie cruisers...Same with the Internet perks when they are part of a "deal".  Being Elite when you've been sold a cruise with perks package really now only comes down to a free load of laundry...and a little better service in a bar for two hours a night...

1 hour ago, Bruin Steve said:

This promotion really does very little for those of us who are Elite Plus and still thousands of points from Zenith...

Who it DOES benefit the most are those people who are only a few points from Elite...and there are a LOT of them...(As opposed to, for example, the number of people within just a few points from Zenith)...

What it is likely to cause is a large number of people reaching Elite earlier than they otherwise would have...which in turn, will cause the Elite Drinking Hours to become more crowded sooner...IMHO, not a good thing...just as when they began the reciprocity thing with RCCL...Suddenly, there were a lot more people using that lounge--which caused them to move it out of the more intimate Michaels and into the big room on the top deck...and, on some cruises, to abandon it altogether in exchange for three drink coupons--which mean nothing when most people have a drink package included in their deal anyway...

perhaps, but nobody is cruising right now, I think the net of no cruising for 9 or so months of this year will bring a hold to those numbers dramatically. These little pity points add very little. It is a marketing ploy with small reward. 

Edited by pumpkin 11

6 hours ago, hvbaskey said:

Yet, quite often I read posts of - “I’m 2 points, 4 points, 8 points away” from next level - when I cruise next, will I be awarded the next level during the cruise?" (which is a no).

I’m 38 points away from my next level.  I highly doubt these activities will get me there, but just in one short week and two activities, I am 34 points away from my next level.

Honestly, not expecting to get to Zenith (I jest when I say that I will) - but I have earned in one week what is equal to 2 nights in an inside or oceanview cabin and I have spent no $ and very little of my time.

I for one, am appreciative of these opportunities and will participate in as many as I can, as long as they don’t involve plunking down $$$ (ie., deposits for future bookings).

I was more referencing those who talked of moving to Zenith from Elite Plus.  This promo isn’t going to help much. I’m guessing those people cruise enough not to have to worry about power up points.  

Phil

23 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

The point of the Elite Lounge is NOT that you get free drinks...I can afford to pay for my drinks...

The point is the smaller crowds and more attentive service...By being Elite or higher, at least for two hours, we get to sit somewhere other than a crowded bar where you may not find a seat or table, can't get the attention of a server or bartender, then have to wait a long time to receive your drink.

I drink in the Elite Lounge EVEN if I have that drink package (as I will in three of my next four cruises)...

Really, that Elite Lounge has always been the "crown jewel" of Elite perks...BUT, with so many cruises being marketed with a drink package included, it really devalues the Captains Club benefits...Since we already had free drinks for a large portion of the time we would have been drinking anyway, that package is not worth nearly as much to Elite CC members as it is to newbie cruisers...Same with the Internet perks when they are part of a "deal".  Being Elite when you've been sold a cruise with perks package really now only comes down to a free load of laundry...and a little better service in a bar for two hours a night...

My experience of the Elite Lounge is that it’s far from uncrowded because there are so many that are eligible to go now.  Give a perk to too many and it’s no longer a perk.  I actually prefer to pick my bar rather than the Elite Lounge unless I’m meeting people there socially.  With the advent of drinks vouchers Celebrity seem to see the same thing.

Phil

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

I am Elite+.  I am exactly 2068 CC Points away from Zenith (3000 points).  My next Celebrity cruise is now Aug 2021.  Does not look good for me to ever make Zenith.  

Just enjoy the ride getting (trying) there. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

So, if people are mostly getting drink packages, then it doesn't Matter if they are Elite or not, so I am not seeing the problem with having more Elites

There's a lot more to the top three tier level perks/benefits than just the CC HH drinks. 

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

My experience of the Elite Lounge is that it’s far from uncrowded because there are so many that are eligible to go now.  Give a perk to too many and it’s no longer a perk.  I actually prefer to pick my bar rather than the Elite Lounge unless I’m meeting people there socially.  With the advent of drinks vouchers Celebrity seem to see the same thing.

Phil

Yes, unlimited drinks loaded on your Sea Pass card plus the CC HH in the Sky Lounge. Win, win as far as we are concerned. 

38 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil

But it's it way better than Royal's dingy diamond lounges.

Edited by pumpkin 11

2 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

I agree with this - my wife and I are 34 points away from Elite, so if we can get 4 CC points a month, based on this month's activities, through Power Up Points, we only need the promo to continue for about nine months to reach Elite. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Agree with both your postss..

Even more crowded Elite events are not very exclusive anymore. We skip it quite a bit now..They may eliminate them anyhow for Covid control

Everyone will have priority everything!  Boarding, excursion priority debarkation, special sailaways,  special tours.

We have booked suites for our  next 2 cruises to see if we can find  "something special"  on board. If not we'll go back to AQ class

I’m about half way between E+ and Z. As others said i won’t do this because of privacy reasons.

However I really wonder if everyone put at the end of their posts that the only reason they are doing this is for points if they would get points? Reminds me when I was shopping for something and every review was 5/5 but at the end of each post it said they got a free device as part of their review.

All of you who think this is a dumb program or a violation of your privacy or whatever are free to move on to the next topic.

Thank you Heather for providing a clear explanation of how to do this.  I didn't have my post quite right and I had to edit it several times and keep coming back to look at your information, but I finally got it.  So I learned something new thanks to you.  Thanks for contributing information to the community.  

If I had taken all the cruises I had booked for this year, I would have been very close to the next level.  So I welcome any opportunity, however minimal, to increase my point count.  I may or may not make it, depending on what cruising will become, but I've enjoyed the journey!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

All of you who think this is a dumb program or a violation of your privacy or whatever are free to move on to the next topic.

It is presumptuous of you to tell people to move to the next topic. Anyone can comment if they think it is dumb, a violation of privacy or a wonderful program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I hope they go back to surveys and remove Facebook/Instagram participation

Never happen, this is free marketing for them overall.  If people dont want to participate for whatever reason thats there choice.  Keeps people thinking about cruising and also might expand there clientele.  Social media itself is huge marketing tool for many businesses.  I have 2 Facebook accounts, one for friends and such and another for things just like this.  I set up 2 email accounts for same reason, so many places require your email to access etc I never use my main one for that, dont need the spam connected to it.  There are many ways around the social media and not being fearful of invasion of privacy etc.  

• Like 2

X is marketing any way it can..they need to book up quickly!

Seems many are receptive to the offers esp those already on social media. We have no interest..nothing in it for us,..but others will do well getting extra Cap Club pts. It will def dilute the  value of the existing Cap Club  levels  and benefits.

Glad we made it to E plus awhile ago.  The most valued perks recently  have been  the laundry and internet minutes but now we booked cruises in  suites that come with upgraded internet..needed or not. ,.. so the internet perk is duplicative.

The  Elite  and E + events have been too crowded with the Diamond crossovers ..and now more will be joining  E and E + level  as a reward for social media posting and other activity... even more crowded....

Priority boarding can be purchased as part of a  marketed program,  so  the best way to get  onboard and off early will not depend on being E +   (Even recently they have boarded Concierge ahead of AQ class because of the CC lunch) .

Suites are  more expensive but if we cruise less that may be our best strategy to get the perks we want,.We will accrue more points  per night doing so but will never reach Zenith.

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I hope they go back to surveys and remove Facebook/Instagram participation

At initiation (in fine print) it did state surveys, social media participation, and bookings.   I think they will eventually focus on the latter two, as that would drive the most promotions and $ for Celebrity.   They need to get something out of this and surveys will only give them a bit of information and not really drive revenue bucks for them.

I suspect that the next activity will be “make a booking” for “X” number of power points.   That’s the only activity that I won’t participate in, as I have too many $ locked up as it is for sailings that may or may not proceed.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pumpkin 11 said:

But it's it way better than Royal's dingy diamond lounges.

Royal has drink vouchers and Diamond Lounges which are quite popular on their ships.  There would be an uproar if they did away with the lounges.  Whether you believe they are dingy or not.

15 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Climb every mountain
Search high and low
Follow every byway
Every path you know

Climb every mountain
Ford every stream
Follow every rainbow
Till you find your dream

😉

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1