August cruises

Just wondering if anyone knows how close to a sailing do they cancel, if they are?  I know this all depends on a lot of things but the past cancellations, how close to a sailing date did they cancel? We have a cruise scheduled for Aug.29th out of Miami and its nerve wracking not knowing if its a go or not LOL. 

Edited by cawagner
needed more info

5 minutes ago, cawagner said:

Just wondering if anyone knows how close to a sailing do they cancel, if they are?  I know this all depends on a lot of things but the past cancellations, how close to a sailing date did they cancel? We have a cruise scheduled for Aug.29th out of Miami and its nerve wracking not knowing if its a go or not LOL. 

They cancelled my July Mariner cruise about 3 weeks before. 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

They cancelled my July Mariner cruise about 3 weeks before. 

Ugh, its just a waiting game then....we have a plan B in our back pocket for a local land getaway in case we dont get to sail....oh the anxiety 😉 

i am in the same position , we are booked on Anthem 16th August , we booked it at a really good rate knowing there was a very high chance it would be cancelled but a gamble i was prepared to take for the money. 

Now though we wait and check here a few times a day to see if or when they do pull it! 

Summer holiday cruise out of the UK at around 50% capacity actually sounds ideal to me, face masks or not! 🙂 

25 minutes ago, bigrednole said:

I am worried our November cruise will be canceled.

We are right there with you. Had last three cruises cancelled. Have Liberty scheduled for Nov. 1st. Guess we will see.

These are the dates I have for the 4 waves of cancellations so far

On 3/13 - Cancelled all cruises through April 10

On 3/24 - Cancelled all cruises through May 11

On 4/16 - Cancelled all cruises through June 11

On 5/20 - Cancelled all cruises through July 31

There are some others like Explorer cancelling all August cruises, but these were the mass cancellations

I hear you. I'm guessing they won't cancel before final payment.

We have ...or had....Mariner Aug 31.  Final payment is next week and we decided to cancel.  Didn't want to pay it off and then not sure if it was going or not.  (We have additional hurdle of not knowing if the US/Canadian border will be open).  

2 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

We have ...or had....Mariner Aug 31.  Final payment is next week and we decided to cancel.  Didn't want to pay it off and then not sure if it was going or not.  (We have additional hurdle of not knowing if the US/Canadian border will be open).  

Hope you didn't pay any kind of fee to cancel a non-refundable deposit because there is ways in place right now to move that deposit to a FCC or to another cruise next year free of  a change fee.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Hope you didn't pay any kind of fee to cancel a non-refundable deposit because there is ways in place right now to move that deposit to a FCC or to another cruise next year free of  a change fee.

Thanks so much for mentioning to make sure.

We had non-refundable but the amount will be given as FCC. Didn't look at the option of moving that deposit to another cruise (which might have been a better idea as i can see we are going to end up with multiple FCCs, which is an issue when you can only apply 1/cruise)

1 hour ago, LuCruise said:

@Ourusualbeach   Have you heard any rumors or conjecture about what would happen if some of these cruise itineraries get the green light to sail but the Canadian border is closed? I would think there's a lot of people that cross over to various ports to board............. is there any refund policy around "physically impossible to get to the port"? 

40 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

@Ourusualbeach   Have you heard any rumors or conjecture about what would happen if some of these cruise itineraries get the green light to sail but the Canadian border is closed? I would think there's a lot of people that cross over to various ports to board............. is there any refund policy around "physically impossible to get to the port"? 

We were in that similar situation in March when all this started.  No special consideration given just the options under CWC which at least allows you a full FCC up to 48 hours prior to sailing. 

4 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Lift and shift it to next year?

Do you know if we can Lift and Shift a cancelled cruise now?  We have a Nov 1st and if cancelled we'd like to lift and shift.  But I'm running out of room in Oct and November next year after doing another Lift and Shift and previously booked cruises so I hope our November cruise actually does go!!! Meanwhile I better see how I can squeeze another one it within the rules of L&S just in case.