Discovery Princess?

phabric

7 hours ago, phabric said:

I am booked on the new Discovery in Dec 2021 for a family cruise.

Has anybody heard any news of it’s progress - have they started building, cancelled or postponed the build?

We are also booked for this cruise. I keep checking a few times a week.

Somewhere I believe I read that any new builds were placed on hold. I tried to find information regarding new construction from Carnival Corp., Princess, and the ship yard sites but could not find anything. We also booked quite some time ago for Christmas & New Year 2021/22 b2b. Wonder if those sailings will ever happen. Maybe Princess will sub. another vessel for these sailings. Enchanted would be nice. Also hope a vaccine would be available before that time. 

Edited by skynight

We are also booked for the Christmas/New Year cruise at the end of 2021 (B2B) and then round South America.   If the build is delayed then I hope they put another ship on those runs.   Have already had too many cancellations and all the problems those have entailed.

1 hour ago, Anubi said:

We are booked on the 24Nov21 Transatlantic but I'm doubting it will happen.  

11 minutes ago, phabric said:

Discovery is the only ship sailing the Caribbean in Dec 2021.

bummer, guess that might put our little 4 day "inaugural" USA cruise in doubt ?

It is strange that Princess has only the Discovery sailing in Dec 2021?   Princess has the Caribbean, Enchanted and Sky sailing in Dec 2020.

They would loose out on all $$$$ that passengers spend to sail at Christmas/New Year with only 1 ship sailing Dec 2021.

Is is that they have not decided the final positioning of all ships?   The positioning of the Discovery was done many months ago; we booked the cruises in October 2019 while on board the Emerald and well before the cruises were available to the public.

6 hours ago, phabric said:

Discovery is the only ship sailing the Caribbean in Dec 2021.

4 hours ago, phabric said:

It is strange that Princess has only the Discovery sailing in Dec 2021?   Princess has the Caribbean, Enchanted and Sky sailing in Dec 2020.

They would loose out on all $$$$ that passengers spend to sail at Christmas/New Year with only 1 ship sailing Dec 2021.

The winter 2021/22 cruises aren’t on sale yet.

6 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

The winter 2021/22 cruises aren’t on sale yet.

Dec 2021, Caribbean, 6-8 days,

are on sale as I have 5 cabins booked for Dec 13, 2021 8 day Caribbean cruise on the Discovery.

Our problem is that my husband's company is totally anal about vacations.  If the Discovery transatlantic doesn't go out or if it changes the dates, he can't move his vacation.  We had booked three weeks for a Baltics cruise for this September which Princess cancelled.  When my husband tried to cancel one week of the three weeks, he was told, too bad, so sad, you booked it you take it.   Everyone he works with is having the same issue.  We'd rather bail on the Discovery Transatlantic and take our chances on another cruise that we are reasonably sure is going to go.  

@LACruiser88

So are we but we are doing two Caribbean cruises, starting on the 21st December, before it.   We will be really annoyed if it isn't completed before that; we don't want to be on the shakedown cruise.   It could be even worse than the first cruise after a dry-dock!!!

• Like 1

The Discovery Princess sailings were released with the "offical" announcement of the ships name and features, well ahead of any other winter 2021/22 sailings.  Normal timeframe to release those would be sometime this month, but they may be delayed.  Tahiti and South America  Fall 2021 - Winter 2022 along with the 2022 World Cruise were just released, so they are putting stuff out there.

Enchanted appeared poised to transfer to Asia or Australia for winter 2021-22 rather than return to the Caribbean, but if Discovery is cancelled or significantly delayed they could easily replace Discovery with Enchanted as they are to be 100% identical, and Enchanted is already scheduled for Europe Summer/Fall 2021 therefore putting her in the perfect region to easily take over for Discovery's inaugural season

• Thanks 1