CBO - signing off for awhile

BBMacLaird

Dear Friends,

I’m going to be away from our Cruise Critic forum for a while. 

As you can imagine, the current state of the industry has required some unwelcome changes. 

When our ships are sailing again, and as soon as I’m called back to duty, I’ll be back to serve you and this community. 

In my absence, the Azamara team will continue to check in and engage with you all, but perhaps not every day. 

In the meantime, stay well, and may you have fair winds and following seas in all your travels.

Yours sincerely,

Bonnie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Quite agree, everyone will miss your help and advice. We look forward to better times and to welcoming you back to CC,

Thank you Denise. I'll miss the community too; I may pop on now and then just to see how everyone is doing. But I won't be posting as 'an authorized representative'. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Sorry to hear this Bonnie.  As I've said before, your presence here is one of the things that makes Azamara special.  Hope you will be back soon.

Thank you Host Jazzbeau. I appreciate it. I will be back soon, hopefully 🙂

• Like 1

Bonnie, I do trust that you will return, but let me take this time to thank you again for your work here.  You were instrumental in solving an issue for me - while I was at sea, no less!  Yours has been a consistently friendly supportive and friendly voice.  Best to you, please stay safe.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Dear Friends,

I’m going to be away from our Cruise Critic forum for a while. 

As you can imagine, the current state of the industry has required some unwelcome changes. 

When our ships are sailing again, and as soon as I’m called back to duty, I’ll be back to serve you and this community. 

In my absence, the Azamara team will continue to check in and engage with you all, but perhaps not every day. 

In the meantime, stay well, and may you have fair winds and following seas in all your travels.

Yours sincerely,

Bonnie

So sorry to see you signing off on CC ... particularly now, since I wrote Azamara via their web site over a week ago on a planning issue and still no response ... looks like they are nearly fully shut down to ride these bad times out at the lowest costs possible ... not good ...

For You Bonnie... "Meet me where the sky touches the sea. Wait for me where the world begins." Jennifer Donnelly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GlobalMethod said:

So sorry to see you signing off on CC ... particularly now, since I wrote Azamara via their web site over a week ago on a planning issue and still no response ... looks like they are nearly fully shut down to ride these bad times out at the lowest costs possible 

Hi globalmethod,

Did you email AzamaraCustomerService@Azamara.com? That is always manned. Was your planning question about our itineraries (that’s what I think of re. planning) or re. planning your next cruise? 

The office is not at all shut down; it is operating with a reduced staff for the time being. We all will be happy when our ships are sailing again.

Thank you for the lovely quote. 

16 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi globalmethod,

Did you email AzamaraCustomerService@Azamara.com? That is always manned. Was your planning question about our itineraries (that’s what I think of re. planning) or re. planning your next cruise? 

The office is not at all shut down; it is operating with a reduced staff for the time being. We all will be happy when our ships are sailing again.

Thank you for the lovely quote. 

We were trying to work through a possible back-to-back Athens/Venice in October and used the "contact us" email function on the web site ... I will try your suggested email address ... thank you for all you do

Bonnie, you will be missed enormously.
Look forward to seeing you back here, hopefully soon. Meanwhile, maybe you’ll have time to pick up the paint brushes more often. We did all have fun at the art classes on our Japan cruise.  September seems a long time ago!
Please stay safe.
Robert and Brenda. 

• Like 1

Best of luck Bonnie. I have been on furlough so long that I have resorted to a jigsaw puzzle and baking!. Let's hope the travel industry looks back on this in a few years time from a much stronger position. 

• Like 1

Bonnie you have been a help and voice of reason and you will be missed!  Thank you for all you have done!  I hope we'll all be able to get back to talking about cruises again, and that you'll be here to join in happier conversations.

• Like 4

It's not a good sign that Azamara removed an important link to its customers.  I hope it's temporary and ends when the ships resume operations.  Bonnie is incredibly helpful and cheerful and Azamara is a better product with her involved.  I wish Bonnie the best and all employees who made Azamara what it was and might be again.

• Like 3

On 6/13/2020 at 5:36 PM, Mackdogmolly said:

Thank you, Bonnie, for all of your kind assistance over the past years. I hope you will be back very soon. It won’t be the same without you.

Betsey

You have helped make this board different.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hubofhockey said:

It's not a good sign that Azamara removed an important link to its customers.  I hope it's temporary and ends when the ships resume operations.  Bonnie is incredibly helpful and cheerful and Azamara is a better product with her involved.  I wish Bonnie the best and all employees who made Azamara what it was and might be again.

I don’t think it’s a good sign either 😟