Aruba Bob Refund Issues

Willwork4cruises

Just a heads up, if you booked and paid for an excursion thru Ken Gerber, he is no longer in business according to an email I received. I cancelled my May excursion and cruise a few days before Carnival officially cancelled.  My work had a new rule requiring a 14 day quarantine for any nurse traveling out of the country.  I contacted Aruba Bob and we agreed on a 50% cancellation fee.  I contacted him again in April when I did not receive a credit back for the other half.  He replied he could not return my money at this time but I could rebook the excursion for another time. Can I dispute a charge against a company that is no longer in business?  I had travel insurance too but not sure if that would cover this situation.   

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the broken up email on those last four pics.  For some reason when I screenshot that email on my iPad, I can’t get it to post.  It fails to upload each time so I did it from my phone.  

I was disappointed that this happened, but I learned my lesson.  I won’t be paying in advance for an excursion unless it’s through the cruise line.  From reading the email from Ed it sounds like someone has purchased the business because it says they can’t deduct my money from his future payments without his permission. Wording is strange.  Good luck if you decide to go.  It looks like a fun excursion.  

Amanda 

Edited by Willwork4cruises