Freedom of the Seas - suite deck

I was wondering if there is a suite deck on Freedom of the Seas following its amplification? If so, I’d be grateful if you could let me know where it is located. Does it have anything similar to the suite deck on the Voyager Class? Thank you

32 minutes ago, Cruise0009 said:

I was wondering if there is a suite deck on Freedom of the Seas following its amplification? If so, I’d be grateful if you could let me know where it is located. Does it have anything similar to the suite deck on the Voyager Class? Thank you

Used to be the roof of the Sky Bar

We were lucky enough to be on Freedom’s only (thank you Covid 19) sailing after amplification. There is a new, beautiful suite lounge and outside seating area on deck 14. You can access the area from the exterior with your sea pass card. 

58 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

We were lucky enough to be on Freedom’s only (thank you Covid 19) sailing after amplification. There is a new, beautiful suite lounge and outside seating area on deck 14. You can access the area from the exterior with your sea pass card. 

Did the suite tiered seating near the pool survive amplification?

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was on the one and only cruise also. I think the tiered seating has been replaced with additional seating for the Lime and the Coconut Bar.

15 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We were on the Adventure which had the tiered seating- never used it.  It was all in the sun and hot and uncomfortable.  Glad that they are improving the area of those ships with a true suite lounge and outside seating area- hope it includes a hot tub  and cabanas like the Harmony of the seas.  Otherwise IMO useless.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I was on the one and only cruise also. I think the tiered seating has been replaced with additional seating for the Lime and the Coconut Bar.

From photos after the amp and the new deck plans, I thought it might have been removed. Thanks for the info. 

2 hours ago, MalteseMama2 said:

That area really isn't conducive to sunbathing😉

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Freedom never used the tiered area for suites when she was in PC as I recall

Indy did, and from the deck plans Freedom did as well prior to the amplification. 

It is forward of the main pool, on each side of the bar located there. This photo was tagged as Freedom and you can see the tiers on each side of the staircase going from the pool deck to the deck above. I outlined them with the red boxes.  There are three tiers.  The lowest tier is actually the main pool deck.

John, I think you are thinking of a different area of the ship than I am.

1823072306_ScreenShot2020-06-12at8_42_32AM.JPG.39dc80ec9b424a32b9f7d58b9724b537.JPG

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We were on the Adventure which had the tiered seating- never used it.  It was all in the sun and hot and uncomfortable.  Glad that they are improving the area of those ships with a true suite lounge and outside seating area- hope it includes a hot tub  and cabanas like the Harmony of the seas.  Otherwise IMO useless.

It’s a much smaller area on Freedom, no hot tub or cabanas. I thought it was still very nice. Comfy seats and tables, some in shade, some in sun. I actually took a nap out there one day. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

That area really isn't conducive to sunbathing😉

Very true! I think I misunderstood the question. I forgot about the tiered area as we found it too hot and preferred the Solarium or our own balcony on the preAmped Freedom. 

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Indy did, and from the deck plans Freedom did as well prior to the amplification. 

It is forward of the main pool, on each side of the bar located there. This photo was tagged as Freedom and you can see the tiers on each side of the staircase going from the pool deck to the deck above. I outlined them with the red boxes.  There are three tiers.  The lowest tier is actually the main pool deck.

John, I think you are thinking of a different area of the ship than I am.

1823072306_ScreenShot2020-06-12at8_42_32AM.JPG.39dc80ec9b424a32b9f7d58b9724b537.JPG

Nope, I know what area you are talking about. 

Mariner and Adventure use it. But Freedom didn't when she was in PC. The gold cards went above Sky Bar. If you zoom in you can see loungers

Laura alwsys sat in the loungers in front of Sky Bar. Post amp those tend to be tables now

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1