Sushi making class

We've done it twice, on Grandeur and on Adventure... Pros and Cons to both of them but over all we really enjoyed it. 

Not sure if you have any specific questions. 

• Like 1

I did it on Enchantment OTS; it was a lot of fun -- and a lot to eat!  If you do take the class, don't eat right before; we made three different rolls, and were invited to eat them then and there.  I chose to take my plate back to our stateroom so my husband could sample my handiwork.  Once we returned home, I was inspired (and emboldened) to make more . . . it gave me a lot of confidence.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

I did it on Enchantment OTS; it was a lot of fun -- and a lot to eat!  If you do take the class, don't eat right before; we made three different rolls, and were invited to eat them then and there.  I chose to take my plate back to our stateroom so my husband could sample my handiwork.  Once we returned home, I was inspired (and emboldened) to make more . . . it gave me a lot of confidence.

On Grandeur we were able to take what we didn't finish to go. On Adventure if you didn't finish you could not take it with you... 
We also had Champagne/Mimosas and soup on Grandeur not on Adventure... 
We made more rolls and a hand roll on Adventure, no hand roll on Grandeur

That's where my pros and cons came from. I should have elaborated so the OP understood they may and may not be able to take the leftovers with them.

We only did it on Adventure because we were cruising with my DS and BiL and they wanted to do it with us... 

As I said we enjoyed both just were different experiences 

59 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

We've done it twice, on Grandeur and on Adventure... Pros and Cons to both of them but over all we really enjoyed it. 

Not sure if you have any specific questions. 

I do not have any specific questions. I don't really know enough about sushi to ask any.  I don't eat seafood, but my adult kids love sushi. I was thinking about booking the class for them. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, IRMO12HD said:

They are big eaters. I suspect they would eat it all there. 

• Like 1

Hi

My husband, Scott, and I did this class on Anthem in 2018.  It was a lot of fun.

I did a review with pictures as part of my travelogue of the trip.  It’s linked in my signature.

I will try to attach here too so you don’t have to go looking.  The sushi class info stats on post #52 in the thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2509114-anthem-of-the-seas-review-southern-caribbean-jan-28-2018-feb-9-2018/

My husband and son did this class on our last cruise.  They really enjoyed it!  It sells out, so you will want to book in advance and it took almost 2 hours.  They said it was a great group of people and they came back very full!  I took my other son to Johnny Rockets while they were gone because sushi is not his thing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noreen411 said:

Hi

My husband, Scott, and I did this class on Anthem in 2018.  It was a lot of fun.

I did a review with pictures as part of my travelogue of the trip.  It’s linked in my signature.

I will try to attach here too so you don’t have to go looking.  The sushi class info stats on post #52 in the thread.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2509114-anthem-of-the-seas-review-southern-caribbean-jan-28-2018-feb-9-2018/

Thank you so much for this. I loved looking at it. I think you look cute in that chair, so keep taking pictures in it.  🙂

1 hour ago, Cutigerlady said:

My husband and son did this class on our last cruise.  They really enjoyed it!  It sells out, so you will want to book in advance and it took almost 2 hours.  They said it was a great group of people and they came back very full!  I took my other son to Johnny Rockets while they were gone because sushi is not his thing!

I agree with your other son.  No sushi for me.  🙂  I didn't realize it was 2 hours long.  That sounds like a great time for me to go get a nice long massage.   

On 6/12/2020 at 3:13 AM, Mallefiscent said:

I do not have any specific questions. I don't really know enough about sushi to ask any.  I don't eat seafood, but my adult kids love sushi. I was thinking about booking the class for them. 

My husband doesn't eat seafood (except for fried shrimp), so when we booked, we requested some non-fish/non-raw substitutes and they did their best to fulfill the request. Overall, the class was fun and interesting and left us with a pile of sushi to eat. We were not allowed to take anything away from the restaurant. Others who knew this in advance had family join them after the class to finish off their creations.

• Like 2

Lots of fun, but a couple of years ago on Allure they wouldn't let us take it out - fortunately I love sushi and ate it all, but I had very little for dinner that night.

• Like 2