Check your August bookings

Everything I search for in August is now showing 'Sold Out'. Was bookable last night. I have (had) an August 15th reservation on the Sun. Glitch on my end? The September cruises are still bookable, though. Maybe they are just extending the 'Pause' for 1 month? Anyone heard anything? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Twinswithtwins said:

Everything I search for in August is now showing 'Sold Out'. Was bookable last night. I have (had) an August 15th reservation on the Sun. Glitch on my end? The September cruises are still bookable, though. Maybe they are just extending the 'Pause' for 1 month? Anyone heard anything? 

Carnival pax are saying the same thing. It's a guess but after the cruiselines meeting with CDC yesterday they might be farther apart on guidelines than people think.  

All speculation but that's what everything is now. 

• Like 1

The NCL UK website is now just showing one sailing in August (Encore our of NYC on 23 August).  I am booked on the Joy on the 22 August, but its first sailing on the website is now 24 October (which ties in with the restart list that has been floating around).  Not all ships tie in with that at the moment though as the Epic's first cruise on the website is 6 Sept, whereas the shared list said 6 December.  I imagine that they are shifting most ships to their first cruise in September, but know they can't realistically do that with the ships that were due to visit Canada.  My second booking is on the Epic on the from Barcelona on 25 October, but I am not confident that it will be travelling across to Europe at all this year.  

Can't believe they look like they have cancelled our Joy sailing the day after we paid the final balance!

Stay safe!

I hope it's not because of a failed CDC meeting...but the timing of it is suspect.  Especially if other lines are also showing as "sold out".  I just checked Celebrity and only one August 1 ship (Infinity) is showing as completely sold out.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

1 minute ago, shof515 said:

my September Canada cruise on the Encore shows the same thing. When i log into my account, it is asking me to make a payment. final payment was due last month

My August Alaska cruise now shows my cruise is on hold and payment is due.  I have read here on cc that has happened to people just before the cruise is canceled.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TSUmom said:

My August Alaska cruise now shows my cruise is on hold and payment is due.  I have read here on cc that has happened to people just before the cruise is canceled.  

But wasn't Alaska going to be cancelled anyway?  I think people are hoping that the August Caribbean season is still a go.  If those sailings are now showing as sold out...not a good sign.  

Edit:  Just reread your post...I think I misunderstood.  Sorry.  You're saying that it's a sign...I get it.  Still working on my first cup of coffee.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

15 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

But wasn't Alaska going to be cancelled anyway?  I think people are hoping that the August Caribbean season is still a go.  If those sailings are now showing as sold out...not a good sign.  

Edit:  Just reread your post...I think I misunderstood.  Sorry.  You're saying that it's a sign...I get it.  Still working on my first cup of coffee.

Working on my 3rd cup...

• Haha 1

Our Oct 9 cruise out of Quebec on the Gem now shows "Your cruise is on hold, but time is running out." Final payment was two days ago and as of yesterday, I could still pull up my Vacation Summary. The cruise doesn't show up anymore when you search for it. I'm taking that to mean it will soon be cancelled.

Looks like NYC - Encore disappeared until Aug. 23. I have an Aug. 9, scheduled. I guess I'll joining the refund threads soon. Oops, August 23 showing, but you can't book anything - sold out.

Edited by sammee
added info

10 minutes ago, halberd7 said:

Our Oct 9 cruise out of Quebec on the Gem now shows "Your cruise is on hold, but time is running out." Final payment was two days ago and as of yesterday, I could still pull up my Vacation Summary. The cruise doesn't show up anymore when you search for it. I'm taking that to mean it will soon be cancelled.

That is exactly what my August shows and yes I can still see my vacation summary too

I had paid a £200 deposit on a Spirit Athens trip 23rd August.  Final payment is due, but I now get the error message as per the above.  I presume if they cancel I will get the £200 back to the credit card....eventually.  What if anything is offered by way of FCC, is it just 125% of the £200 already paid or 125% of the total cost of the cruise?  It is just a shame that unlike Celebrity, who have a 'Lift and Shift' policy, which means you can switch to the same itinerary, same class on ship, retaining the original price and perks for a future date.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

I had paid a £200 deposit on a Spirit Athens trip 23rd August.  Final payment is due, but I now get the error message as per the above.  I presume if they cancel I will get the £200 back to the credit card....eventually.  What if anything is offered by way of FCC, is it just 125% of the £200 already paid or 125% of the total cost of the cruise?  It is just a shame that unlike Celebrity, who have a 'Lift and Shift' policy, which means you can switch to the same itinerary, same class on ship, retaining the original price and perks for a future date.  

Correct, FCC or refund

I have just spoken to NCL. They were happy to take payment of final balance over the phone.  They said they are working on their website today...changes to itineraries etc and that's why there is an issued online.  They said that cruises in August are still on sale.

18 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

That sounds like a very good policy on part of Celebrity.  Unfortunately NCL and MSC, maybe others, give bonus fcc only to jack up future fares.

4 minutes ago, Homestyle said:

I have just spoken to NCL. They were happy to take payment of final balance over the phone.  They said they are working on their website today...changes to itineraries etc and that's why there is an issued online.  They said that cruises in August are still on sale.

Maybe still on sale but still on sail?

The press release few weeks ago mentioned fall startup.

• Like 1

Without being logged into my NCL account, I just did a blanket search (all ships, all destinations) for August 2020 and the attached is all I received.  Sorry, but there is no way I am giving the cruise lines any money at this point until I see them actually sailing on a consistent basis with multiple ships to multiple destinations.  I refuse to be their "bailout bank".

Annotation 2020-06-12 102333.JPG

Edited by GA Dave

11 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

Without being logged into my NCL account, I just did a blanket search (all ships, all destinations) for August 2020 and the attached is all I received.  Sorry, but there is no way I am giving the cruise lines any money at this point until I see them actually sailing on a consistent basis with multiple ships to multiple destinations.  I refuse to be their "bailout bank".

Annotation 2020-06-12 102333.JPG

Try booking, when you go to the cabin types they are sold out. 

Edited by sammee
duplicate info

2 minutes ago, pmd98052 said:

This is flat out dishonest at this point. Especially for Alaska.

This was supposed to be my first cruise, but after all the lying and smoke blown up my butt on the phone since March. There will not be a first or a last cruise with them after I finally can get my money that they held hostage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sammee said:

This was supposed to be my first cruise, but after all the lying and smoke blown up my butt on the phone since March. There will not be a first or a last cruise with them after I finally can get my money that they held hostage.

Its pretty outrageous that August/Sept for Alaska wasn't cancelled months back when Canadian ports closed down for entire season.

We had a final payment due in early April for an August 15th Barcelona cruise on the Epic. We saw the writing on the wall then and cancelled before final payment. I thought I was being overly pessimistc but!

Still have our flights to Barcelona and I've booked a 7 night hotel as well just in case we still go but now I've got back up plans on top of back up plans with other trips locally booked in case can't fly still (or we don't want to fly).

2 hours ago, halberd7 said:

Same cruise, same experience. Clicking on the make a payment takes me to an error page.