How hard can it be?

While it is all very well and good to claim they are busy surely refunds are either being processed in request date or sailing date order? Therefore surely bulletins can be issued as to how far they have got?  Just spent another 25 mins hanging on the phone to no avail. Once I am back at work next week I will no longer have time for this every day.  Even an email from them saying they are working on it would be good!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I cancelled an Oceania cruise about 1 month BEFORE the covid virus went ballistic and it still took them almost 4 months to get me my money back and this only after my TA read them the riot act.  You can't convince me that wasn't just a scheme to hold onto my money as long a possible.  Their actions probably convinced me that my first Oceania which did not occur will never occur so in my case their scheme backfired on them.

DON

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I received an email ten days ago that my future cruise credit (for a land/cruise tour June 3) had been processed and I could access it via the cruise personalizer.  Nope, wasn’t there.  Waited a week before calling Princess.  Was told that the email was ‘premature.’

She had a list of cruises that had been processed.  She looked up my voyage and didn’t see it.

We just got our May 8 refund posted to our credit card on June 8.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I cancelled an Oceania cruise about 1 month BEFORE the covid virus went ballistic and it still took them almost 4 months to get me my money back and this only after my TA read them the riot act.  You can't convince me that wasn't just a scheme to hold onto my money as long a possible.  Their actions probably convinced me that my first Oceania which did not occur will never occur so in my case their scheme backfired on them.

DON

Of course its a scheme to hold onto your money for as long as possible.  Enhances the financial balance showing cash on hand and equity in the company.  Oceania's parent company is Norwegian which has been rumored to be close to bankruptcy.  In a similar situation with Uniworld where we paid the final payment before the current virus pandemic and likely will be waiting indefinitely for the refund since the cruise line is one of 20 travel related companies owned by the parent and all are hemorrhaging cash.  Expect to begin seeing bankruptcies and restructurings where creditors, and there are many as cruise lines have sold their souls to get cash, get first crack at cash on hand.

Cruise lines should look at how Ticketmaster is handling the cancellation of numerous events.  Once baseball teams announced their plan on options - money refund or future extra credit, I submitted my refund request for two different baseball team events.  Both were credited to my CC in under 20 days.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tak8 said:

Cruise lines should look at how Ticketmaster is handling the cancellation of numerous events.

Completely different situation … Ticketmaster still had monies coming in, albeit not as much

Cruise line bookings and payments went kerplop … with increased expenses draining resourses

I wrote about it in one of my previous posts. One of the problems here is that refunds while being indicated in the system are simply have not being processed for some unknown technical reason. The companies are aware of this situation I think the best thing to do in this particular situation would be contacting them for them to put a mark or smth. Dont worry, you will be refunded

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

I wrote about it in one of my previous posts. One of the problems here is that refunds while being indicated in the system are simply have not being processed for some unknown technical reason. The companies are aware of this situation I think the best thing to do in this particular situation would be contacting them for them to put a mark or smth. Dont worry, you will be refunded

The points are - we can't contact them as they don't answer their phones and £4000 is quite a lot for many of us to be out of pocket

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger88 said:

You may not get refunded if they are forced into bankruptcy or restructuring.  Creditors get first crack at assets.  Restructuring could result in part or all monies already paid being lost.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 5:53 PM, donaldsc said:

DON

same experience for me with Oceania. Not getting my business again

6 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

The points are - we can't contact them as they don't answer their phones and £4000 is quite a lot for many of us to be out of pocket

File a dispute with your credit card. 

• 3 weeks later...

ARGH!!!!   On the phone yesterday with Princess for well over 2 hours.  They cannot tell me when we'll get a refund or why it has been over 120 days without a word.  They did tell me that their records show we will get a refund someday, although it will be a few dollars less than we paid, not counting the deposits and insurance.  Princess said they will keep the deposit and the insurance money and show this as a future credit.   Yea, like I am inclined to ever book with them.

I believe that Princess is using actuary tables and prioritizing payments to those expected to survive Covid.  And they also figure that many will not use the future credits.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ancient Mariner 48–You have my sympathy.  It is an unconscionable delay for a high dollar refund.  And I realize that the many posts by people who have received their money for later cruises only adds insult to the injury.  I wish I had some sort of answer to give that would help speed things along.  Maybe call two or three times a week?  Or make friends with CJ who now has a direct line to Jan S and miraculously received her refunds after news media published her plight?

• Like 1