Carnival CEO Admits: “I Don’t Know When We’ll Sail Again”

mnocket

14 hours ago, nho9504 said:

Whoever said that and whoever believed in that need to brush up their geographic knowledge that there are countries only 5 degrees from the equator, and are very hot year round, still are suffering from the SARS-COV-2...

Anybody knows the country named Singapore? 

You missed my sarcasm, that doesn't believe science or logic either, LOL

16 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Although I view chipmaster as a troll we’re going to have to give this summer-time eradication theory a bit more time to prove false.  After all, the equinox was just today!

CA, TX and FL all see 4,000+ new cases on Friday.  We are in high 80's and low 90's the last 4 weeks, as Summery as you can feel.

Oh, let's not forget about AZ which also are spiking in new case number the past week...

Yeah, Summer is here before it officially makes an announce "Hey, here I am, the Summertime!"

Still need a diagnose? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mnocket said:

Regarding N95 mask fitting......  You'll have to decide for yourself if the procedure is too difficult/complex for you.

I don't need a N95 mask; medical professionals do and I don't want to poach their supply.  But, that kind of a mask with a single, thin, elastic band that does around the head and not the ears is what I need.  I can't find such!

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

Regarding N95 mask fitting......  You'll have to decide for yourself if the procedure is too difficult/complex for you.

This video shows how to put on and take off an N95 respirator and how to perform a 'fit check' which is required each time the respirator is put on.  At the end of the video is a disclaimer to refer to a respiratory protection program (OSHA) for "further information"  That further information describes the vast difference between a 'fit check' and a 'fit test.'  There must be an initial 'fit test' to determine if that particular make and model N95 will work for you.  Once a fit test demonstrates that a particular type of N95 will work, then the instructions given in the above video not only applies but is also the last step of any fit test.  In all settings the initial fit test is mandatory and in some settings annual fit testing is required by OSHA.  As I stated earlier, fit testing is a complex procedure requiring a properly trained fit test person administering the tests.  Merely buying an N95 and slapping it on without knowing how to properly ensure proper fit can endanger a person who may have thought they had proper protection.

In case you're interested in some light reading, here is what OSHA requires for an initial (and annual) fit test: 

https://www.osha.gov/laws-regs/regulations/standardnumber/1910/1910.134AppA

Edited by Daniel A

This is my last word on the N95 subject.  I want to clarify that a cloth or surgical mask does not protect the wearer, it protects those around him\her from aerosolized body fluids containing germs.  They do not provide personal protection.  If somebody feels discomfort wearing the typical mask with straps behind the ears and a N95 is more comfortable because of the location of the straps, by all means use one.  If one is looking to wear a N95 as your own personal protection one would be well advised to ensure it actually does fit properly and provides the desired level of personal protection.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...