Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Copper10-8

For the Port Everglades "toot" fans

Posted (edited)

Nieuw Amsterdam repatriated her first non-Asian crew in Manila Bay via tender yesterday. That tender, #15, was sent away with some extra toots/toeters "Ft. Lauderdale/Port Everglades-style" 😉

Edited by Copper10-8

Thanks Copper. I had been wondering why the Amsterdam is still in Manilla Bay. are there more crew waiting to be repatriated?

It is also so amazing to see all those ships lined up at anchorage. Great toots.

That is absolutely lovely John.

Tears to my eyes for the toots for those crew members.  So well deserved.  Thank you for sharing this ❤️ 

Is that the tender's horn at the start.  Don't hear those often.

Roy

3 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Thanks Copper. I had been wondering why the Amsterdam is still in Manilla Bay. are there more crew waiting to be repatriated?

It is also so amazing to see all those ships lined up at anchorage. Great toots.

A lot of ships are now waiting in the Bay to send their non-essential, non-Asian crew home via Manila. It's a slow process, hurry up and wait 😟

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Is that the tender's horn at the start.  Don't hear those often.

Roy

Yes, that tiny one at the start of the video belongs to tender #15 and is the work of her helmsman, an officer, on his knees on his seat, while steering, with his upper body out of the open roof hatch. They - the tenders - each have one, a horn (as they also have radar, nav lights and a comm set) but, you're right, they're not used a heck of a lot, the horn that is

Edited by Copper10-8

SO good to hear and see.  God bless them all!

Smooth Sailing!! 🙂🙂 🙂

Nice to hear a ships horn tooting again, lots of cruise ships at anchor.

Great that they’re getting home.Loved hearing the horn. Thanks, John.

Those folk will be so pleased to be heading home.

A treat to hear the tooting.

Thanks for posting the video.

Thanks @Copper10-8 for that video.  It was great and a welcomed sound for sure!  I keep watching the Amsterdam on the ship tracker wishing that she'd go somewhere but know there are still crew from other parts of the world on her waiting to get off.

Linda R.

Thanks for the video.  Great to hear the toots again!

John:  

You must have a lot of friends on the ship to get videos like these.   When do you think we will be cruising again?  I have hade two cruises cancelled.  

Thanks Copper, I know I miss the toot fests that we get to enjoy all winter long.  Hope all the crew members get home safely.

3 hours ago, Himself said:

John:  

You must have a lot of friends on the ship to get videos like these.   When do you think we will be cruising again?  I have hade two cruises cancelled.  

Some cruise lines are getting ready for August, Father, others later on this year

21 hours ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Btw Ma'am; this video is from the Signature-class ship Nieuw Amsterdam, as opposed to the co-flagship and "R"-class ship Amsterdam 

58 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Some cruise lines are getting ready for August, Father, others later on this year

John I was supposed to be Chaplain on the Eurodam relocating out of Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and HAL cancelled it the other day.  I thought it might have gone out of San Diego a week later but no such luck.  By the way, who is running HAL now that Orlando is a part of HAL's History?

10 minutes ago, Himself said:

John I was supposed to be Chaplain on the Eurodam relocating out of Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale and HAL cancelled it the other day.  I thought it might have gone out of San Diego a week later but no such luck.  By the way, who is running HAL now that Orlando is a part of HAL's History?

Me thinks the puck (waiting for the return of hockey) stops with Mr. Stein Kruse, Father, the pres/CEO of the HAL Group

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Me thinks the puck (waiting for the return of hockey) stops with Mr. Stein Kruse, Father, the pres/CEO of the HAL Group

Either with Stein Kruse or his bosses at Carnival Corporation.. By the way, as a Blackhawk fan, I like your analogy to hockey.  

Edited by Himself

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Btw Ma'am; this video is from the Signature-class ship Nieuw Amsterdam, as opposed to the co-flagship and "R"-class ship Amsterdam 

Sorry I missed that. Guess I still have the Amsterdam on my mind and wondering why it is still In Manilla Bay - same reason I suppose,

3 minutes ago, SJSULIBRARIAN said:

Sorry I missed that. Guess I still have the Amsterdam on my mind and wondering why it is still In Manilla Bay - same reason I suppose,

No probs, two ships with partly similar names 😉 yes, along with the other nineteen cruise ships in the bay