CCL Stock shareholder benefit question

I was wondering if anyone knew if traveling on an interline rate (I'm a flight attendant) - is the CCL shareholder benefit applied to sailings?  Or because it is a reduced fare it wouldn't qualify...

I haven't bought all the stock yet but am in the process of getting my 100.  and I have a cruise booked for November (I know the concern for Covid.  But my husband and I are both in high risk fields and we feel comfortable making the reservation at this point.  The way my airplanes are sanitized compared to how they used to be and how I relate it to how much the staff clean the ship - can't even imagine them cleaning it more! and that makes us feel safe with the ship, and as far as the passengers, we practice good hygiene, don't touch eyes/nose/mouth and have excellent immunity and good health so feel our risk is limited).  I'm wondering if I finish my stock purchase, will HAL "show me the money!!!!"

CCL stock is a great deal right now.  Buy the 100 shares and cruise on any Carnival cruise line:   Cunard, Princess, HAL, etc. and get the OBC $ depending on length of cruise.  Also if you are doing a back to back cruise, you get OBC for each booking number so check out which is more cost effective.  You must write a letter to CCL each time you cruise for the OBC and submit Final Payment confirmation and a copy of your stock statement (mark out your account number on the statement).  It doesn't matter how much you paid for the cruise, you still get the CCL OBC.  BTW, only one stockholder per cabin.  Have fun and smooth sailing.

My understanding is that the share holder benefit does not apply to 'reduced rate' fare.  I would think that 'interline rate' is a reduced rate fare.

Quote from Carnival Corp website: (Shareholders' Benefit)

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer.

Here is a link to the PDF published by Carnival Corp that gives the shareholder benefits.         https://www.carnivalcorp.com/static-files/50351a91-4dc0-4f6b-bfec-684647e6129f

Interline rates are not typically offered by a TA unless you work for an airline.

What is an interline discount?
An interline discount is a reduced rate that the cruise lines offer on select sailings to the airline industry.
Each cruise line has their own set of rules for who qualifies.

2 hours ago, richwmn said:

Over the years several members have mentioned that they were denied the credit when traveling on an interline rate.

And I remember several posts of pax who where denied boarding when the ship was oversold and they were on interline rates.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, cfoster711 said:

CCL stock is a great deal right now.  

Or, put another way, "Shareholders have lost $25 billion in equity since last June --- don't miss out on the fun!"

LPD

• Like 1

The Shareholder Benefit is offered to passengers who are sailing on one form or another of a 'retail rate'.  

Interline rates are not 'retail rates'. 

Also, interline rates are not available on all sailings.  This means that having 100 shares of CCL will enable you to have the 'Benefit' when you decide to pay the going rate on a sailing that you cannot pass up even though it has no interline availability.

I've used interline rates without the stock benefit in the past but I've since discovered that Big Box

"regular" rates with huge refunds plus OBC plus HAL benefit package plus stock benefit are

always better than interline rates.

• Like 1

thanks for the answer!  appreciate the varying opinions - will probably complete my purchase of the stock.  

I'll have to consider all the options when pricing out.  Sometimes where it looks like a discount is available isn't always that great of a deal with interline benefits.  I find that often with car rentals.