Enchanted - Sea Trials (Panzano, Italy)

need2cruisesoon

"Enchanted Princess takes the sea, the last jewel made by Fincantieri. This morning the ship left the plant in Panzano to Palermo, where it will arrive on Tuesday 16. There it will remain for 10 days, until 26, returning to Monfalcone on 29.
It is the most explicit sign of the full recovery of Fincantieri's activities after the long stop forced by the pandemic that stopped the plant. A world emergency that blocked all metal companies like Fincantieri but also all production realities by imposing a global stop on travel and cruises. The blockage had a huge impact on cruise giants such as Carnival and Msc who have all the ships still on the quay. All the programming has been blown, as well as the terms of construction and deliveries are slipped.

Fincantieri is completely reprogramming the production process and there are intense and continuous discussion with shipowners about ongoing construction and how to prepare for emergency exit. Enchanted Princess was due to be delivered this month of June, but for now it is unknown when it will happen. A stop that will affect the other ships under construction in Panzano and workloads may also occur for the induced. Now the sea tests are starting, a signal that the ship's setup is coming to an end. During navigation all planned tests (engines, stability, speed, particular maneuvers) will be carried out during navigation. In Palermo then the ship will do the usual hull cleaning operations. Then the return to Monfalcone at the end of the month to finish the setup that will continue during rehearsals. Gravated by all additional security measures planned for containment of Covid-19.

Made based on the Royal Princess, Regal Princess, Majestic Princess and Sky Princess project, built and delivered to Monfalcone since 2013, inaugurating a new generation of ships that have found great success among the cruisers, the new Unit has a gross tonnage of 145.000 tons. The ship, like the twins, represents a new technological reference point at European and global level for innovative lay-out, high performance and high quality of avant-garde technical solutions. The relationship between Monfalcone and Princess Cruises shipyard will continue with the 2 next generation cruise ships of 175.000 tons of gross tonnage, the largest so far made in Italy. All to review deliveries. The units will accommodate around 4.300 passengers and will be the first of the fleet to be primarily powered by liquefied natural gas (Lng)."

Photos: Fincantieri FB, 

104166701_10222750068931468_3914908749318308613_o.jpg

104032131_10222750068531458_8261413368615228230_o.jpg

104012051_10222750067331428_6255333985800219803_o.jpg

Edited by need2cruisesoon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, phabric said:

I was on the Sky her first sailing, a beautiful ship.  If the Enchanted is like the Sky another beautiful ship for the Princess fleet.

She will be a near twin -  a few small venue tweaks - mostly spaces around the Piazza on decks 5/6/7.  The photo gallery being is being significantly downsized and the deck 6 shop moved to the port side and the shop replaced with Crooners (which was mysteriously omitted from the Sky and is being brought back for Enchanted).  Bellini's, Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar and Good Spirits will all swap locales with Good Spirits moving to deck 5 next to the International cafe and Bellini's to deck 7 and the Ocean Terrace Seafood bar will move down to deck 6.  Vines will go "buh-bye" and be replaced with a new stand-alone Salty Dog Gastro Pub (first in fleet).  Alfredo's is to have a name change to Gigi's Pizzeria and the 3 MDR's to supposedly be called Santorini (deck 5 mid), Capri (deck 6 mid) Amalfi (deck 6 aft)  Some venues may also have different fabric/carpets, specifically Sabatini's will have a new look as compared to Sky.  Discovery appears for now to be an exact carbon copy of Enchanted if her deck plans are accurate, which makes Sky sort of a "one off" of the trio.

The only of the above changes I perceive as a potential negative is the loss of Vines, but with Crooners coming back and the addition of a new dining venue I think it's a reasonable trade-off.  Of course there may some other minor tweaks, or changes that don't actually happen, or have been decided since Sky was in service and don't yet appear on the deck plans.  This is all from looking at the Princess deck plan for Enchanted and comparing to Sky, as well as the advance press release showing the new venues on Enchanted/Discovery.  Until she is in service, or a significant number of interior photos are published most of the above is speculative.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, phabric said:

I was on the Sky her first sailing, a beautiful ship.  If the Enchanted is like the Sky another beautiful ship for the Princess fleet.

I was on the Dec 4/19 sailing on the Sky. A beauty. Crew was fantastic too. 

We have anticipated the sea trials to begin this month and this is a good sign.  We also were on the inaugural US voyage of the Sky and liked her changes (except the absence of Crooners) and will be on the inaugural voyage of the Enchanted on November 21st this year as it appears she will not have passengers on board until she gets to Port Everglades.

We are set to sail on her 12/5 voyage and will be excited to see the changes since our last two sailings on the Regal and have not been on the Sky.  One thing I will miss:  If the new pizza concept (Gigi's) is anything different other than in name only, we will miss Alfredo's.  Hoping it's a name change only.  But we will keep an open mind.

On 6/14/2020 at 3:13 AM, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

The photo gallery being is being significantly downsized and the deck 6 shop moved to the port side and the shop replaced with Crooners (which was mysteriously omitted from the Sky and is being brought back for Enchanted). 

Both good changes.  The photo space was ridiculous large, but I guess they make money on it from some cruisers (not us).

Discovery appears for now to be an exact carbon copy of Enchanted if her deck plans are accurate, which makes Sky sort of a "one off" of the trio.

Who knows if a future dry dock will "correct" the Sky?

new stand-alone Salty Dog Gastro Pub (first in fleet). 

will the beers be covered by the Beverage Package and the food for sale ??

Losing VINES is a big negative for us ...

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Both good changes.  The photo space was ridiculous large, but I guess they make money on it from some cruisers (not us).

If the photo area is the same as on the Sky Princess, the change in size is that they are doing away with the photo display boards and going to facial recognition kiosks which work very well.  It was easy to find the photos based upon the facial image used on the medallion photo and you then order the photos using menus to choose size, quantity and any other options.

This method protects against those photos that just kinda walked off without purchase and gives more room for other venues.

Gutted not to be on Enchanted this August. Was looking forward to the new Jazz/dance venue too. Plan to book the same cruise for August 2021, but will hold back to see if the price falls in the next couple of months. Unfortunately us Brits don't get the price drop benefits that friends across the pond get! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

will the beers be covered by the Beverage Package and the food for sale ??

Losing VINES is a big negative for us ...

If the beers are under $12 they will be covered, just like all other beverages in all other venues are.  It is unknown whether the food is to be an ala carte menu, or a set cover charge like it is on other vessels with a Salty Dog in the Wheelhouse.

I'm also hopeful that they may have an expanded list of craft and import beers available.  Princess normal selections are just barely "ok" and are fairly safe and pedestrian options.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2020 at 3:54 PM, phabric said:

Thanks for the update.  I will be on the Enchanted March 2021.

I have booked her for Jan 23/21. Let’s’s hope she’s sailing then, safely 

Surprised to see the Vines disappear as I thought that the Vines was a positive $$ maker. Also, there were several wines available there that weren't anywhere else onboard, which was a problem to begin with on Princess once you settle in for pre-dinner quaff and then have to transport your glass of wine to the MDR where it's not available. We prefer wine over beer. 

I see that Celebrity did a similar switch to a gastropub onboard some their ships, but their excellent wine selection and service continued unabated in their MDR. Hope Princess takes a cue from them and does the same - when and if this all gets back to normal. The dinner service for wine leaves much to be desired on Princess. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, loge23 said:

Surprised to see the Vines disappear as I thought that the Vines was a positive $$ maker. Also, there were several wines available there that weren't anywhere else onboard, which was a problem to begin with on Princess once you settle in for pre-dinner quaff and then have to transport your glass of wine to the MDR where it's not available. We prefer wine over beer. 

I see that Celebrity did a similar switch to a gastropub onboard some their ships, but their excellent wine selection and service continued unabated in their MDR. Hope Princess takes a cue from them and does the same - when and if this all gets back to normal. The dinner service for wine leaves much to be desired on Princess. 

When we were onboard the Regal in February the beverage manager told me the problem they were having at Vines was people taking tables early evening and not leaving.  He said he was getting constant complaints from people about no seating being available.  I have to admit he was probably telling me this as we had been eating and drinking for over 2 hours.

I will miss Vines.

Edited by franktown
add
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, franktown said:

When we were onboard the Regal in February the beverage manager told me the problem they were having at Vines was people taking tables early evening and not leaving.  He said he was getting constant complaints from people about no seating being available.  I have to admit he was probably telling me this as we had been eating and drinking for over 2 hours.

I will miss Vines.

This was the experience we found on the Regal and the Sky.  The hours of operation we also not convenient to explore the tapas and other selections.  Let's hope that the new pizzaria will have the same selections as Alfredo's.