Share holders credit

tere247

9 hours ago, WAMarathoner said:

That would be shooting themselves in the foot.  I don't have any printed statistics to back it up, but most of the people I know who have CCL stock have it FOR the shareholder credit.  Would be dumped without it.

The "shooting in the foot" would only be because less people will pick Princess with loss of this OBC.

If everyone that had the stock only for the OBC benefit disposed of their stock, it would not make much, if any,  of a difference in the stock price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caribill said:

The "shooting in the foot" would only be because less people will pick Princess with loss of this OBC.

If everyone that had the stock only for the OBC benefit disposed of their stock, it would not make much, if any,  of a difference in the stock price.

It is a marketing tool that costs them little or nothing. There is no reason to get rid of it. People seem to confuse it with the dividend which is a distribution of earnings, something totally different.

• Like 4

Naive question, so please forgive.  Had my financial planner buy some CCL stock as part of my portfolio....so it's there with a bunch of other things (mostly mutual funds).  What exactly would I need to send to Carnival?  I don't have a certificate, nor do I have a personal account with CCL.  What would I do?

2 hours ago, MudderBear said:

Naive question, so please forgive.  Had my financial planner buy some CCL stock as part of my portfolio....so it's there with a bunch of other things (mostly mutual funds).  What exactly would I need to send to Carnival?  I don't have a certificate, nor do I have a personal account with CCL.  What would I do?

Send the account statement showing you own at least 100 shares of Carnival stock. Make sure you black out the account number of your statement. Include your name(s), your ship and sailing date, and your booking number.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Send the account statement showing you own at least 100 shares of Carnival stock. Make sure you black out the account number of your statement. Include your name(s), your ship and sailing date, and your booking number.

Also, don't bother sending it in until maybe a month before the cruise. Do this for every cruise sending a current statement every time.

(found that one out the hard way)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adstz said:

Also, don't bother sending it in until maybe a month before the cruise. Do this for every cruise sending a current statement every time.

If you are working with a travel agent and provide the information required, they can do this for you as part of their service.  If you choose to do so.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, adstz said:

unless you want the OBC to book Princess excursions

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, adstz said:

Why would you wait that long if you don't have to?  I always send mine in months ahead of time without a problem.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Why would you wait that long if you don't have to?  I always send mine in months ahead of time without a problem.

I send mine in as soon as I have a booking number

• Like 1

3 hours ago, adstz said:

I think this has changed. 

You used to be able to book Princess excursion pre-cruise and not have the charge show up until you were aboard. When they changed that they got much negative reaction. To counter that they allowed you to used OBC pre-cruise for excursions (only). And to allow that they had to let you send it in much earlier than they had been allowing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, adstz said:

Although, I've heard that there is somebody in Princess' Australia office who hasn't gotten the word that the policy has changed.

18 hours ago, Daniel A said:

That's good to know. I had read somewhere that they won't process it unless it is close to your sail date.

I just purchased mine earlier this year so I have no  personal experience yet. I sent mine off in March but of course my cruise (June 2) was cancelled.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, adstz said:

That's good to know. I had read somewhere that they won't process it unless it is close to your sail date.

I just purchased mine earlier this year so I have no  personal experience yet. I sent mine off in March but of course my cruise (June 2) was cancelled.

I send mine in immediately after I book a cruise, this way I don't forget.  The only time limit now is that you have to send it in more than 3 weeks prior to sailing date.

I think the share holder credits may be getting processed like refunds. 😆

When I sent in the paperwork and info for my June 2 cruise, I included two cruises I had already booked for  April and September 2021.  Yes,, I listed my booking number, ship name and date of cruise.

No OBC listed on either related to share holder. Only military and TA gift in OBC.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adstz said:

When I sent in the paperwork and info for my June 2 cruise, I included two cruises I had already booked for  April and September 2021.  Yes,, I listed my booking number, ship name and date of cruise.

No OBC listed on either related to share holder. Only military and TA gift in OBC.

Check that they received it. My TA has told me they often lose them, and then they must be resubmitted. This has happened to me, which is why I now send the information to my TA and then let him handle it.

7 hours ago, adstz said:

I posted in this thread that we received shareholder OBC for our April 2021 cruise within 15 minutes of faxing the request in.  Would suggest that you send it again.

Edited to add:  I've attached the form that I send in along with a page from my brokerage statement.  Although the form isn't required, this method works for me and it may be helpful for others too.

ShareholderBenefitRequestForm.pdf

Edited by azbirdmom

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 4:18 PM, Ombud said:

I send mine in as soon as I have a booking number

Something's up. I faxed it through Friday morning. Usually it takes an hour. But still nothing. I'll assume it's a 4 day work week right now as she's working from home in Arizona. (Not sure if it's handled by 1 person but I know the one I normally talk to said she's working at home in AZ) I plan on calling if it isn't there soon. I want it posted on the refared 2 before August

On 6/20/2020 at 7:58 PM, azbirdmom said:

I posted in this thread that we received shareholder OBC for our April 2021 cruise within 15 minutes of faxing the request in.  Would suggest that you send it again.

Edited to add:  I've attached the form that I send in along with a page from my brokerage statement.  Although the form isn't required, this method works for me and it may be helpful for others too.

ShareholderBenefitRequestForm.pdf 84.75 kB · 15 downloads

Thanks for the form.

Do you have to submit before every cruise? 

48 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Thanks for the form.

Do you have to submit before every cruise? 

Hi Marty. The procedure beforehand was to submit it for every cruise but not necessarily to resubmit before embarkation.