Equinox in Dec.

george35

We are a couple in our 80s so we dont have many cruises left, my question is we will be on the Equinox for 12 nights starting dec 9th for a 12 day cruise, we have a cabin selection 2B. I wont give out the cabin # but is 2B a choice I should worry about? We will be on DECK 7, any cabins to avoid? Thank you for any help.

george35

11 hours ago, george35 said:

We are a couple in our 80s so we dont have many cruises left, my question is we will be on the Equinox for 12 nights starting dec 9th for a 12 day cruise, we have a cabin selection 2B. I wont give out the cabin # but is 2B a choice I should worry about? We will be on DECK 7, any cabins to avoid? Thank you for any help.

george35

Look at the top of page one (the first section with green dots) you will see a section that starts with ‘S class cabin information’. You should be able to read some reviews on your exact cabin there. If you cannot find the exact cabin number look for the nearest....

Most cabins in the same category are very similar. Noting you are both in your 80’s do either of you have any mobility issues? If you do it could be worth considering an accessible cabin (especially if either of you uses a chair or scooter)...If you want to consider this option you could ask another question, something like “What will suit us best a standard cabin or an accessible cabin?”. Then briefly describe your level of mobility and see what those in similar positions suggest....Just an idea.

I also suggest both of you check with your GP re any health concerns/your general health prior to booking and check your holiday insurance carefully. We are younger than you but definitely intend to do this, better safe than sorry!

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise in a great cabin.

Even when they start sailing (whenever that is), likely shorter cruises.  I would think a 12 night in December is questionable. 

The cabin choice is the least of your concerns.  If it sails, take plenty of medication in case covid shows up on the ship and you end up locked in your room for who knows how long.

My wife and I are booked on the same cruise. Aside from COVID concerns on board, I'm wondering how the itinerary will be impacted by COVID travel restrictions on the islands. We picked this particular cruise for its itinerary. We canceled an NCL cruise we were planning to take in Dec 2017 because the entire itinerary changed, due to damage from hurricanes Irma and Maria.

We have until Sept 11 to cancel without penalty, so we'll play it by ear. We live in south FL so we don't have to deal with flights.