What was the best meal you had on Princess?

KevintheIrishDJ

It was Christmas day on 2002 Sun Princess. They went above and beyond. Back in the day.....

On that same cruise, we did Stirling Steakhouse outside above the pool area. The steaks back then were pretty good and it was a night we were in Acapulco so we had the mountains in the background. The cost was $6 pp.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

Crown Grill Christmas Eve 2015 on the Emerald- Crown Grill is always my favorite meal aboard, and Christmas Eve at sea is already magical, but that night was through the roof. They brought us a gorgeous plate of lobster cooked perfectly without us ordering it. Then, the executive chef made us cannoli, thanks to the Maitre’ D. The meal truly couldn’t have been better; in fact it was so good that my husband fell right to sleep after, and we missed the midnight Christmas Eve service! 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

Any Chef’s dinner is #1 in my book & well worth the price. 

Here’s the Chef’s dinner last year on the Majestic Princess just for our Cruise Critic Group. 

image.thumb.jpeg.87ad643d6ccd5041016091eaebf5dfa4.jpeg

Tom😀

600BEAC9-B367-4720-A1A5-A77970F63A4B.jpeg

BC31A63A-B29C-4435-813D-F87CBE153B85.jpeg

979B61E7-9090-49DA-9C44-8A0C15CCFA5C.jpeg

3ECC7394-C4F6-441D-9B0C-5079C99E895D.jpeg

A3E6B899-3D85-4207-910A-4C82F2E10BB3.jpeg

8214A86D-1E91-4A2E-BEA3-CE9244AFCC53.jpeg

D7340412-6665-49A3-9BB4-F57A1E9B45F9.jpeg

C41BE18E-6BD3-40D1-9A47-30B74656AB3F.jpeg

5A8F4C19-C774-47D7-84B8-6E3C22D5F8BA.jpeg

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My first-ever visit to Sabatini's aboard the Crown Princess (why did I wait so long to try it??).  It was so good, I went back twice during that 13-day cruise.     Those breads!  The vitello tonnato!!  The braised short rib pasta!!!  The tiramisu!!!!   Just superb.   

• Like 1

Coral inaugural voyage Jan. 3, 2003. I remember Sabatini's being really good. Back then they served both lunch and dinner. More recently it's the most traveled lunches which always provide good food and interesting conversation.

• Like 1

It has to be the luncheon for top 40 during our last Alaskan cruise.  The halibut was better than anything I have ever had.   That fact we were dining with one of the best Captains....Captain Bye Bye 😄👍...made the meal all the more special 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

#3 - Bayou Cafe on Coral Princess

agreed, but our was on Island - pre-changes

and followed that up with the 'On the Bayou' show - prolly the only show on Princess I would spend extra time for to 

see again

hope to do the ultimate balcony dinner on our next scheduled cruise ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruiserkenn said:

Fresh salmon at Crown Grill in Alaska.  A window seat made it perfect, as did Silverado Sauvignon Blanc and Crown Dependemce for dessert.

🙂️⛴🌅🌈😌🐳🐋

I performed at a wedding in Hanover Square in NYC, several weeks after 911. Bride was from Alaska.  Friends brought fresh salmon and king crag!!!  Everyone was ready for a party.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

I performed at a wedding in Hanover Square in NYC, several weeks after 911. Bride was from Alaska.  Friends brought fresh salmon and king crag!!!  Everyone was ready for a party.

Wow! Must have been great!

• Like 1