The "new normal" of flying?

Interesting wording "suggested" passengers wear masks for "extra peace of mind", this implies the mask is optional. I would not like the mask but would wear it if required. I use a CPAP machine and would have that mask on when I'm sleeping anyway. (Hopefully much of the flight)

RECEIVED FROM EMIRATES

Before You Travel

1. Masks are mandatory inflight, gloves are recommended

c36e20f0-af8a-4f5d-952b-45ee2bf5e1a2.png 2. Online Check-in services are currently unavailable
4c5f5606-11dd-4077-82cb-280ec0a75221.png 3. Arrive at the airport 3 hours before your flight

4. Do not bring hand luggage for your flight
75e9c18e-c5a1-4bfc-b446-2a8d48c91874.png 5. Expect thermal screening and other checks
d44d3b92-a483-4903-90b6-461d6dff97b0.png 6. Social distancing at the airport & no groups gathering

7a4d1d97-48ab-4c2f-9320-6d56764c0eb6.png 4

20 HOURS OF TRAVELLING LIKE THIS ......NO THANK YOU ! 🤔😟

Edited by koalapanda

#4 would be a deal breaker for me, especially if it means no handbag. Us ladies rarely have pockets in clothing to put things in so where do we put our boarding passes, phones, etc? No Kindle or noise-cancelling headphones? And no way am I going to put valuables and medications in checked luggage.

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

#4 would be a deal breaker for me, especially if it means no handbag. Us ladies rarely have pockets in clothing to put things in so where do we put our boarding passes, phones, etc? No Kindle or noise-cancelling headphones? And no way am I going to put valuables and medications in checked luggage.

Agreed. Absolutely, no way would I put valuables or medications in checked luggage. I also need glasses (spectacles, the not drinking kind) if I want to read.

26 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Agreed. Absolutely, no way would I put valuables or medications in checked luggage. I also need glasses (spectacles, the not drinking kind) if I want to read.

Luckily I have panoramic multifocals which are great for reading as well as distance vision, so my glasses are always on my nose. They are also transitional lenses so I don't need to carry sunglasses.

If they want us to have no hand luggage they better tightened security with luggage handling. I know too many people who put laptops, tablets, lens and cameras in their check in luggage only to find them not there at their destination😱

4 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I wonder why hand luggage wold be an issue, no one else should be touching it anyway.

Multiple people touching the overhead compartment to add/remove things, then people shuffle things around to make space, then touch others as they grab something mid flight. There's no way to prevent against that which is the transmission vector for the virus.