Have You Ever Gotten Something For Free On Celebrity?

Georgia_Peaches

1 minute ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Yes I got something free from Celebrity,  A good  case of frustration to be polite.

That My Dear, can always be changed on our side, to be sure....

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, drakes2 said:

A year ago while on a Caribbean cruise a nice bottle of Chardonnay and chocolate covered strawberries were delivered with a note from guest services. Don't know why I did not have any issues. The next evening stateroom attendant gave me an extra bottle of sparkling wine stating that he thought maybe I enjoyed it since I had finished the first one. LOL. 

20190329_181333.jpg

I think it was because you are such a nice passenger, they thought let us really reward someone who has not hassled us with something petty and was very pleasant to every staff encounter.

You fit that bill and deserving of the treats!

bon voyage

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

If I offered you 4 -6 strawberries during a visit to our home, I doubt you would be as excited .

Only if you offered me a great bottle of wine to go with it. 😁

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

I think it was because you are such a nice passenger, they thought let us really reward someone who has not hassled us with something petty and was very pleasant to every staff encounter.

You fit that bill and deserving of the treats!

bon voyage

Thank you for your kind words, Bo. 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Only if you offered me a great bottle of wine to go with it. 😁

Do you mean the wine you make yourself ?

There's a place here that you can make your own " private label " wine ----12 -18 bottles for around $50.

It's also good in the winter to melt the 6" of ice off the windshield of a 1965 Pontiac Stratochief. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Do you mean the wine you make yourself ?

There's a place here that you can make your own " private label " wine ----12 -18 bottles for around $50.

It's also good in the winter to melt the 6" of ice off the windshield of a 1965 Pontiac Stratochief. 

I pretty much shop in the vintage section of the LCBO. There are some great bargains to be found on some delisted and overstocked wines. Anywhere from 20 - 30 percent off.

18 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I pretty much shop in the vintage section of the LCBO. There are some great bargains to be found on some delisted and overstocked wines. Anywhere from 20 - 30 percent off.

LOL---My kids know more about wine than me.

Come to think of it,  they know more about many things than me.

I live in the " vintage " era and I ain't no bargain.

• Haha 1

The free fizz on boarding may not be the best,

The chocolate strawberries may not be fantastic,

Complimentary wine may not be wonderful....

But they all in their own way say ‘Hello, welcome, we want you to enjoy, if you have a problem we will sort it...’ Whenever we are given any of them a big smile comes to our faces and a feeling of warmth comes into the heart...Not about the items all about the gesture.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Not about the items all about the gesture.

You are 100 percent right... actually the free fizz I used for my breakfast mimosas. The strawberries I enjoyed mid afternoon on my balcony and I brought the Chardonnay home to go with a meal pairing. I always have a plan. LOL. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 12:23 PM, drsel said:

Kindly also let us know about the freebies you received on Carnival, P&O, Costa, MSC, Royal Caribbean, Princess, HAL, Norwegian

In a time far far away, we were sailing on HAL in the cheapest cabin on the ship, an inside  cabin, lowest deck, next to the crew stairwell (metal) on the Ryndam, Cabin 776. For some reason we were invited to all parties and dinners for passengers in Suites with The Captain. On a 10 day cruise there were three parties. The only thing we could find out why this happened was from the Hotel Manager. He said, though we were not in a Suite, we are “Suite People”. I guess the Manager never heard of RNB’s reputation.

44 minutes ago, drsel said:

Thanks, that's interesting.

They probably thought that you are so rich, you could easily book suites in future, so this was their marketing plan

I don’t think so. But I will admit I am still talking about this event 46 HAL cruises later 🤪

Well I think we have been very fortunate, we are elite plus now but well before this we were invited to 3 captains table; 3 dinner in specialty restaurants, and a number of bottles of wine and other complimentary gifts! Most of these times we were in ocean view or inside cabins, no idea why we got these, but very nice.Dianne

I just remembered another “freebie” compliments of RCL (and yes, I know this is a Celebrity board). 
Several years ago a friend and I received a big upgrade a few days before sailing.  On embarkation day, we opened our cabin door and found an enormous floral

arrangement with a card saying “Welcome aboard Sandy....I can’t wait to see you!”  We were confused because I didn’t know anybody onboard that ship.  I flagged down the cabin steward and asked him if he knew where the flowers came from and he replied they are for you!  We proceeded to enjoy our first day onboard and upon returning to cabin to our cabin that evening we were greeted by yet another floral arrangement! This time the card read “ I’m am so sorry I

misses you today..until tomorrow ❤️  Day 2 a snack basket arrived with no card. Later on Day 2 another snack basket arrived.  At that point I called guest services and told them about my “gifts”  I was told that someone ordered them

for me but they could not tell me who. Hmmmm.. 

On day 3 a nice bottle of wine was delivered along with strawberries. At some point there was a knock on our cabin door. A lovely lady explained to us that she originally booked our cabin and was upgraded at the last minute. (Just like we were). I asked if her name was Sandy and she said yes. Well, we all

had a good laugh when I told her my name was Sandy also and we were wondering who my secret admirer was!!!!  We attempted to hand over all of Sandy’s goodies and she wouldn’t take any of it.  She explained that she was dating an employee onboard and he sent her all these items but somehow his orders were never changed to her new cabin number.  I did tell her that we called Guest Services to tell them about the mystery treats but they insisted they were for me. We did have our cabin steward take her flowers and wine to her new cabin. It was such a strange situation.  We ended up have drinks with Sandy a few times during the week and we had a few laughs over the thing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back in the day the high cruisers would always receive a free specialty restaurant visit in addition to dinner with a senior officer. Just a few years ago LLP deleted the free specialty visit. They still normally have a lunch for the Zeniths onboard.

Edited by TommyD3

If you were a suite guest they would offer a "free" night specialty dining for a 7 day cruise.  And 2 nights for over seven days.  Disappeared in 2016 I think. Now they only offer this as an amenity with premium suites which is unlimited specialty dining.  But none of this was actually free.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

If you were a suite guest they would offer a "free" night specialty dining for a 7 day cruise.  And 2 nights for over seven days.  Disappeared in 2016 I think. Now they only offer this as an amenity with premium suites which is unlimited specialty dining.  But none of this was actually free.

How about a new saying:  Nothing is free with LLP.  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/22/2020 at 10:09 PM, drsel said:

I don't think the ship's employees are allowed to date passengers. They could lose their jobs

She was dating an employee but she told us she did not meet him on the ship.  She told us she cruised frequently to

spent time with.  (Limited as it was)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 1:01 AM, Blackduck59 said:

I guess it's a matter of perception, if everyone gets the "freebie" it's included in the fare. If out of the blue you are given something that's a freebie.

I got chatting with the hotel manager aboard a Reflection ( French guy name maybe Christoph) He was just aimlessly walking around the open deck when I said “Good morning” and we talked about nothing really. He asked for my cabin number when we parted. The next day we had a nice bottle Pinot Noir delivered with his compliments.

One time on the Silhouette I had just come out of the shower naked and when I looked towards my balcony there were two employees cleaning my balcony.  After quickly hopping back into the bathroom to put on a robe, I closed my curtains and then called down to customer services to admonish them that they did not let us know that there would be anybody on our balcony that afternoon.  They apologized and surprised me the next day by sending us a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries along with a lovely note of apology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

One time on the Silhouette I had just come out of the shower naked and when I looked towards my balcony there were two employees cleaning my balcony.  After quickly hopping back into the bathroom to put on a robe, I closed my curtains and then called down to customer services to admonish them that they did not let us know that there would be anybody on our balcony that afternoon.  They apologized and surprised me the next day by sending us a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries along with a lovely note of apology.

Sounds like the two crew members got a free show. 🤣

15 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

They apologized and surprised me the next day by sending us a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries along with a lovely note of apology.

LOL--- It seem like that's the " standard " Celebrity response.  Is this familiar ??

"  On behalf of ( insert Guest Relations Mgr or Hotel Mgr ) we do apologize for your inconvenience . We at Celebrity do our best to ensure the safety and privacy of our Guests at all times and please contact me if there is anything else we can do for your continued enjoyment of the cruise ".

( I'd like to be the supplier of those chocolate strawberries  ).