Cruise romance

cruisenewbie79

There is a "Singles Forum" on here......as posted above.......and see if there is a roll call for your cruise. Maybe  there

will be other "singles" on there  that are looking for the same thing as you are.........good luck in your search.

Only once in my past 10 cruises, have I ever experienced an on-board romance.   The best way to ensure you meet a potential partner on board is to be active:

1.  Attend the singles and solos meet-ups on board

2.  If you are eligible, attend the loyalty club private parties

3.  Get active in trivia or other things you enjoy doing

4.  Interact with others in the bars

5.  Enjoy your time on board regardless of whether or not you meet a romance!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Saturngrl said:

Only once in my past 10 cruises, have I ever experienced an on-board romance.   The best way to ensure you meet a potential partner on board is to be active:

2.  If you are eligible, attend the loyalty club private parties

3.  Get active in trivia or other things you enjoy doing

4.  Interact with others in the bars

5.  Enjoy your time on board regardless of whether or not you meet a romance!  

I agree with your recommendations #2-5.  Not with #1 from my experience on some cruises.  Sometimes, based on my experience, the initial meet/greet works; other times, everyone that is attending is "stiff, uneasy, uncomfortable" and if there is not a cruise staff member hosting it, the experience is disappointing.  Your #3 and #4 suggestions are what I have found work best for me.  

• Like 1

Or maybe go on the cruise with an entire different thought process........just go and have a good time and if you meet

someone? Great.  But if you don't? You can still have a great time.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Or maybe go on the cruise with an entire different thought process........just go and have a good time and if you meet

someone? Great.  But if you don't? You can still have a great time.  

Well said!  There have been cruises that I never met anyone with whom I particularly cared to keep in touch after the cruise.  On other cruises, just the opposite has happened.  I have many "cruising friends" with whom I have kept in touch, have visited, and have sailed with again.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, rkacruiser said:

On 6/19/2020 at 1:23 PM, rkacruiser said:

Not with #1 from my experience on some cruises.  Sometimes, based on my experience, the initial meet/greet works; other times, everyone that is attending is "stiff, uneasy, uncomfortable" and if there is not a cruise staff member hosting it, the experience is disappointing. 

This depends on the ship you are on.  The NCL ships have a dedicated Solo Cruise Director.  In my experience the larger NCL ships have active Solo Meet-Up and activities.  NCL has a good combination of Solo and Single travelers on the larger ships with the Studio Cabins.  Disney also has active Solo meet-ups.  They have Solo Lunches that are often busy.  There are a lot of Single Parents on the Disney ships.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

This depends on the ship you are on.  The NCL ships have a dedicated Solo Cruise Director.  In my experience the larger NCL ships have active Solo Meet-Up and activities.  NCL has a good combination of Solo and Single travelers on the larger ships with the Studio Cabins.  Disney also has active Solo meet-ups.  They have Solo Lunches that are often busy.  There are a lot of Single Parents on the Disney ships.

The presence of a cruise staff member at a solo M&G can make quite a difference as to the success of the party.  On my most recent cruises, in the daily program when the party is listed, it often indicates that it is "non-hosted".  I choose not to attend automatically when I see that designation.  

•  
  •  
  •  

"... just stand at the bar looking ... single"

Seriously one of the most difficult things on a cruise ship is trying to figure out who is single and who is taken. Used to have to check out the Photograph gallery to see who boarded with a significant other-brother/sister combos always tripped me up though for a couple of days-😎

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Stallion said:

Seriously one of the most difficult things on a cruise ship is trying to figure out who is single and who is taken.

I could care less.  I have never had an interest in a "Love Boat Romance".  

I am interested in having cruise companions who are interested in sharing their days ashore, on the ship, and joining me with a drink or two or more during HH.  It is from that type of relationships that have developed into friendships that I am still able to maintain.  And, with some, with whom I have been able to cruise again.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My experience was this - 1. got involved in trivia, even though my mom was sick that night, and 2. my gorgeous sister wasn't there this time. 😉  Sadly it was the end of the cruise, but it was just a fling, so I guess that cut down on the awkward morning-aftern-ness being drawn out longer? 

Most importantly, I was NOT "cruising" for a romance. The hookup happened organically. 

Edited by blondee419

My experience was this - 1. got involved in trivia, even though my mom was sick that night, and 2. my gorgeous sister wasn't there this time. [emoji6]  Sadly it was the end of the cruise, but it was just a fling, so I guess that cut down on the awkward morning-aftern-ness being drawn out longer? 

Most importantly, I was NOT "cruising" for a romance. The hookup happened organically. 
What attracted you to this guy?

2 hours ago, drsel said:

What attracted you to this guy?

Well he was under 45 and quite hot????? 
But seriously, I was playing trivia one night after a port day. My mom was feeling unwell (maybe a touch of noro?), so I invited myself to play with a small team of 3. We ended up getting a perfect score that night, and won that night out of the three teams playing. I went to bed, they went up on deck for the party that night. Two of the players were related, plus him, but I thought for about 3 days that they were all family. And I continued playing with that team for the 2nd half of the cruise. 

• Like 1

I'll be cruising solo for the first time in January.  I do hope to have a cruise romance. I don't want to just stand at the bar looking easy.
Would be nice if there was some cruise equivalent to Tinder.  How do you find other singles?
I guess any decent guy will wait for the lady to make the first move

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Dancer Bob said:

I don't see young lady explicitly stated in the post. How do you know (her?) definition of romance is the same as all the other posters?

On 6/15/2020 at 11:11 AM, cruisenewbie79 said:

I don't want to just stand at the bar looking easy.

Dudes don't normally say "I don't want to just stand at the bar looking easy".

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

If you go on a cruise to meet someone and you havent met someone by day whatever say 2- or 3- are you going to meet someone at the point? If you go on a cruise without the intent on meeting someone you might not get as dissapointed and might actuallly meet someone.

Its like I should have tried to meet someone BEFORE going on the cruise and gone with them- during these times that is my self criticism of myself.

However, going solo ensures you are doing your own vacation which is the point of going.  

• Like 1