Anchorage Tours and Transfers Refund

preb

Just wondering if anyone has been able to obtain a refund from this company?  We prepaid over $700 for a private transfer for July 3rd and cancelled a month ago.  There should have been no penalty.  They sent an email reply that they are unable to provide a refund due to their financial situation and encouraged me to dispute the charge on my credit card.  AX says they will not dispute it since the charge is more than 60 days old.  My fear is that the company will just go out of business and reopen under another name, keeping our $700.  They did not offer to provide the service for us at a later date.  Anyone else have a similar situation or any advise?

I did, I had contacted them for a refund on our transfer from Seward to Anchorage (Bus) that was supposed to be fully refundable.  They sent me the letter saying they can not refund and will most likely go bankrupt and go contact my credit card company.  I did and got full refund from my credit card (Visa).

On 6/15/2020 at 8:16 AM, preb said:

Just wondering if anyone has been able to obtain a refund from this company?  We prepaid over $700 for a private transfer for July 3rd and cancelled a month ago.  There should have been no penalty.  They sent an email reply that they are unable to provide a refund due to their financial situation and encouraged me to dispute the charge on my credit card.  AX says they will not dispute it since the charge is more than 60 days old.  My fear is that the company will just go out of business and reopen under another name, keeping our $700.  They did not offer to provide the service for us at a later date.  Anyone else have a similar situation or any advise?

If you have travel insurance, give them a call and let them know your situation --- they might be able to help with this matter. 

Hi

I cancelled with them back in April when my cruise was and initially got the email that they did not have the funds to return my booking fees and they were applying for a small business loan. I believe they also offered a credit for a later time that would not expire but acknowledged that if their business loan came through and we had not taken up the credit they would seek to refund.

After that I had low expectations but I received a refund this week. I was so pleased as it was one of the few companies I have received funds back from and am still out of pocket thousands x3 people. It instantly left me with a very positive view on the company. I hope this sheds some light that they may be trying but are understandably facing a challenging time. I know there is a lot of pain from this situation all round.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Amber86 said:

Hi

I cancelled with them back in April when my cruise was and initially got the email that they did not have the funds to return my booking fees and they were applying for a small business loan. I believe they also offered a credit for a later time that would not expire but acknowledged that if their business loan came through and we had not taken up the credit they would seek to refund.

After that I had low expectations but I received a refund this week. I was so pleased as it was one of the few companies I have received funds back from and am still out of pocket thousands x3 people. It instantly left me with a very positive view on the company. I hope this sheds some light that they may be trying but are understandably facing a challenging time. I know there is a lot of pain from this situation all round.

What does your "out thousands"  involve?      If the cruise-  that likely is just going to take time.    There really haven't been any reports of no refunds for cruises.   

9 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

What does your "out thousands"  involve?      If the cruise-  that likely is just going to take time.    There really haven't been any reports of no refunds for cruises.   

That involves international airfares, cruise fares, car hire (more expensive if you are not a USA citizen) and land based activities booked separately - our entire trip. We have to wait for each company to respond or progress any refunds and our travel insurance has made it clear we need a written response from each vendor in order to make a claim under their terms - some companies are just not replying so I am quite pleased when we do hear from companies. My position is that we just need to be patient (you can’t control this situation) and give companies time to work through this.

I cancelled my tour in March when I realized my cruise would be cancelled.

The company asked if I would wait until June for my refund.

I was just refunded the full amount for 3 tours and transfers.

Thanks everyone.  I did reach back out to the company and they did process a refund last week.  They were able to obtain an SBA loan.  So, I am thankful that they are able to stay in business and I would not hesitate to book with them again when we reschedule our Alaska cruise.  These are crazy times and we really are all in it together.  🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sail57 said:

I cancelled my tour in March when I realized my cruise would be cancelled.

The company asked if I would wait until June for my refund.

I was just refunded the full amount for 3 tours and transfers.

I also got a letter asking to wait until June for a refund.  I was refunded the full amount last week.

• Like 1