NCL cancels all August and September sailings

Charles4515

I guess we all knew it was coming and it must be a relief to have an official announcement for those who are booked in August/Sept.  But I hope this isn't a reflection of how the meeting with the CDC went last week.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

4 minutes ago, Dobbers said:

Was expecting this, quite disappointed that we can’t apply for a refund until 6th July . I understand they’re busy, but not too busy to take the full payment a few weeks ago ☹️

That's what upsets me the most. They keep selling cruises and taking money, offering upgrades, basically robbing Peter to Pay Paul. On top of that July 6 goodie, 90 days  after the scheduled embark to receive our original form of payment.

8 minutes ago, Dobbers said:

Was expecting this, quite disappointed that we can’t apply for a refund until 6th July . I understand they’re busy, but not too busy to take the full payment a few weeks ago ☹️

Yep, with a fair wind your refund should be back on your cc in time for Christmas!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I guess we all knew it was coming and it must be a relief to have an official announcement for those who are booked in August/Sept.  But I hope this isn't a reflection of how the meeting with the CDC went last week.

You can fly to port, but forget the sailing, in some ways surprising, but in another way, not so much at all.

Aww man, I was hoping Seaman was going to make it this time 😒

Oh well there is always 2021 hope

We are exploding with Covid down here.  Record cases yesterday in Broward. Miami stopped the opening process to the next phase.  State of Florida stopped reporting hospital counts for Covid.  Things not looking good.  Governor in denial.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Yep, with a fair wind your refund should be back on your cc in time for Christmas!

And that's not a guarantee, judging the complaints I've seen from March cancellations. So don't plan your Christmas budget with it, lol.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

How can it not be?  What is particularly frustrating is that this pushes out the "will they sail?" question until September 30th.  Obviously that's not a guaranteed date either.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

How can it not be?  What is particularly frustrating is that this pushes out the "will they sail?" question until September 30th.  Obviously that's not a guaranteed date either.  

Well I was hoping it was more of a reflection on the enormous undertaking it is to recrew a ship. And since nothing has been released about the meeting...well I was/am just hoping the two aren't connected.

37 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

We are exploding with Covid down here.  Record cases yesterday in Broward. Miami stopped the opening process to the next phase.  State of Florida stopped reporting hospital counts for Covid.  Things not looking good.  Governor in denial.

I'm sorry to hear that- and think that will occur in other places as well. Some governors seem under pressure even though they know it won't be a good idea.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

This is why.  The governers of florida and texas. Cost us august/sept.  Maybe more if they keep being in denial.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

That is a head scratcher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

my sept 21st cruise is saying make a payment , now.  so i take it that is also canceled or will be since it was paid in full. 

10 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

This is why.  The governers of florida and texas. Cost us august/sept.  Maybe more if they keep being in denial.  

As frustrating as that is, and I live in Florida and am maddened by what is going on here, it may be too simple to blame it on Florida and Texas exclusively.  I think that this cancellation by NCL will shortly be followed by other holdouts like Carnival and RCL and has the most to do with the fact that there are no real opening plans/protocols approved and in place to open.  I am going to go so far as to say that the CDC will be extending the no sail order at least another 100 days through October.  

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

As frustrating as that is, and I live in Florida and am maddened by what is going on here, it may be too simple to blame it on Florida and Texas exclusively.  I think that this cancellation by NCL will shortly be followed by other holdouts like Carnival and RCL and has the most to do with the fact that there are no real opening plans/protocols approved and in place to open.  I am going to go so far as to say that the CDC will be extending the no sail order at least another 100 days through October.  

I would agree with you- I think we are going to see the same pattern in other states where people just can't stay in. I feel as though it is come down to a choice between physical and mental health as well as the economy.

I went to drop my car off for routine matinenacne (6 months I had to go sometime) and was appalled at the people not wearing masks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, iggyc said:

Not all sailings are cancelled but should be. Our Alaska cruise leaves August 31 out of Vancouver. We are in no man’s land

1F3B22A8-B70A-4E4D-934A-2534C60CBC19.png

Considering you can't sail from Vancouver until November 1st...I don't get how your cruise hasn't been cancelled.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

16 minutes ago, HowardK said:

I'm sorry to hear that- and think that will occur in other places as well. Some governors seem under pressure even though they know it won't be a good idea.

13 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

The cruise cancellation extensions have NOTHING to do with Governors and State's that never New York'ed, Chicago'ed or Boston'ed locked down for "unknown" date.  Great #'s there?  Real "model."  

Currently, the Death of Boston is on the minds of many there - - at the hands of its' own leadership.  "Large Gatherings" (PC) are just fine; working in-city, dining, or even playing hoops ~ inconsiderate health risk to society.  A total joke.

Back to cruising, looking at today's date, the location of all of the ships, the locations of all of the crew, this is no surprise.  A simple understanding is not difficult.

Yet you can sit on a plane for hours, no problem.

Yet you can take an urban metro (hey, they "just cleaned the ones in NY a couple weeks ago), no problem.

If Florida, for example, is "the problem," why did so many New York, Connecticut and New Jersey residents flee to Florida in March and April?

Nice try.

• Like 8