Sky Suite2, Refection

mom23guys

We are planning on doing a B2B on the reflection but switching to a Sky Suite 2 for part 2 of the cruise. I am a little concerned that the SS2 are on Deck 12 under the Oceanview. They are all open so we have our choice 2177-2199 or 2174-2188. What would you pick Port or Starboard (Western Caribbean) and any area that would be not noisy.

Thanks.

2177 & 2174 are closer to the elevators and under the dining area of the buffet, not under the food stations, so they are a bit quieter. We stayed in that area on Eclipse and Equinox and heard very little noise.  We've done both port and starboard and don't have a preference.  You don't know how the ship will be docked so it is the luck of the draw as to what you will see from your balcony while in port.

• Like 1

I agree with @CHEZMARYLOU 3174 or 2177 are  close to elevators and under dining area away from food prep and should have little noise.  A few years ago we got a free upgrade to 2190 and we did hear cart movement 2-3 times a day, mostly late afternoon.  It sounded like thunder off in the distance, so it didn’t really bother us. 

1 hour ago, mom23guys said:

Do the angled balconies look right into yours?

Thanks again.

No, we never noticed that.  We have had angled balcony cabins and we couldn't really look into the adjacent balcony without leaning over the rail.

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

The port side is under the cigar area, if that bothers you (as it does us) I’d choose starboard. 

2 hours ago, mom23guys said:

We actually chose 2176. I do prefer starboard due to smoking on port. Thanks for reminding me.

I agree- we never had any problem on deck 12.  Except the S1's balconies are too sunny and soot goes on balcony depending upon wind direction.  We preferred the S2'

Edited by Cruise a holic

8 hours ago, mom23guys said:

We actually chose 2176

Good choice, I think. You should be far enough forward that you won't get a lot of noise from the Oceanview Cafe. And, it's good you chose Starboard to stay away from smoking areas on 14. Well played.

Last time I was on Reflection, smoking was not a problem on the port or starboard side on Deck 12.  The smoking section is above you on the pool deck, same deck as the Oceanview Cafe, Deck 14.  With those smoking by the pool on the port side, with a good wind and when the sliding glass doors open, the smoke drafts all the way into the Oceanview Cafe.  I brought it up to the Hotel Director at the time, and it went on deaf ears.  🍷