Carnival to Dump Six Ships

besberry

5 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Go check the P&O website. Search by Oceana. Cruises are slowly disappearing one by one.

Thank you for all the reliable  information you've been sharing with us recently. It's been very helpful even if a little sad. I've no idea how you do it, but  long may it continue.

Avril 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Ventura has two cruises at the start of 2021 that call at US ports. We were on the January cruise, but moved our deposit- just can't see it going ahead.

It’s only the first one that’s going to the US we’re  on the second one Caribbean only and thinking the same as you just can’t see any ships going that way anytime soon

2 hours ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Why do you keep quoting US stats? It has very little to do with cruises departing from Southampton. 

Read post #660. It was a reply intended for them personally as they are in US.

Avril 

26 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Read post #660. It was a reply intended for them personally as they are in US.

Avril 

Problem is Avril, as we know, Roger just posts odd random, irrelevant comments that add nothing to the general conversation, but just confuses everyone.

• Like 1

I sat and read a huge part of this thread last night in disbelief. Really sad Oceana has gone. I’ve only been on one 4 night cruise on her but enjoyed it very much. Was hoping to go on her again sometime. Sad times.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Problem is Avril, as we know, Roger just posts odd random, irrelevant comments that add nothing to the general conversation, but just confuses everyone.

He doesn't confuse me wowzz,  but I thought cruisenewbie might have been. I like to have a good laugh the same as anyone😉

Avril 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2020 at 8:28 PM, Adawn47 said:

What a sad sight. I can't believe I'm actually tearful watching her leave and telling us all goodbye. This is so silly. How can a grown woman cry over a ship? We have some good memories of her including our golden wedding anniversary  celebration. Goodbye Oceana. 💕

Avril 

I’ve just gone back and watched Graham’s video as I was reading this in bed at the time and John was fast asleep next to me! I must admit I felt emotional too.

Farewell Oceana 😭.

Thanks for the video @grapau27

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, showingdiva said:

I hope Presto2 is okay.  No posts since today's official announcement.

Sorry to see Oceana go.  I was never on board her, but did cruise on her identical "White Sister" Adonia (now Sea Princess).

Hi, that is so sweet that you thought of me / us.

We were at work today when we got a message from brother and sister in law who messaged to say that their cruise had been cancelled. Thankfully, and many thanks to moleship, we had warned them last night so they were expecting it.

I am really upset but I shed my tears on Saturday (poor hubby) and now am avoiding any photos or anything really as we find it all so sad. Our first proper cruise and we had probably the best holiday that anyone could ever have at a really stressful time due to elderly parents' illness. I used to wonder why they called a ship 'she' but we now know that a ship is like a car and they 'get under your skin' I just hope that they don't scrap her --- that would finish me off …...

Seriously, thanks to everyone on here for the excellent info and keeping us all in the loop ----------- and thanks to Andy for being a 'sweetheart' on Saturday and not trying to make a joke of the news when we've shared so much banter about her in the past. I really appreciated that …………. but then again, I know that your wife is an Oceana fan and it was more than your life is worth than to upset her as well ;-)

I suppose Britannia now becomes our favourite P&O ship and Edge our favourite Celebrity ship …  hopefully both are a long way from being sold ….

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just gone back and watched Graham’s video as I was reading this in bed at the time and John was fast asleep next to me! I must admit I felt emotional too.

Farewell Oceana 😭.

I couldn't face it on Saturday and got the wine out instead ….  :-( :-( :-( :-(

• Like 2

I hope Presto2 is okay.  No posts since today's official announcement.

Sorry to see Oceana go.  I was never on board her, but did cruise on her identical "White Sister" Adonia (now Sea Princess).
OMG, we are also going to Cruise on Sea Princess next year so I guess we will experience Oceana, because they are identical.

5 minutes ago, drsel said:

OMG, we are also going to Cruise on Sea Princess next year so I guess we will experience Oceana, because they are identical.

Not the same vibe I bet - she had the best and happiest crew we have ever sailed with. When we were on her with Capt Andy Willard it really was one very happy ship. The crew loved her and loads said they asked to sail on her because of her reputation. The last 2 week holiday we had on her loads of staff came up to us and said hello and even the Captain recognised us from a cruise 3 yrs previous. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, drsel said:

Isn't she going too ?? Sea Princess that is??

48 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Farewell Oceana 😭.

You are welcome.

When I heard Oceana was leaving at short notice from Newcastle I had a feeling this might be the last time we saw her.

I hope she continues to sail for another cruiseline and doesn't end up being scrapped.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I couldn't face it on Saturday and got the wine out instead ….  😞 😞 😞 😞

We enjoyed our first cruise immensely and have fond memories. We didn't shed a tear when she went to scrap, but did raise a glass and say " bye bye Island Escape.🚢"

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We enjoyed our first cruise immensely and have fond memories. We didn't shed a tear when she went to scrap, but did raise a glass and say " bye bye Island Escape.🚢"

I suppose our first cruise was on Ocean Village 2 but we never classed that as a real cruise 😉 She was a nice ship though and our cabin was fab with a great balcony where we waved to the Capt on the open bridge every day. That was why we booked Oceana the year after due to the ash cloud and got our fancy gear in the sales. Happy memories .of the band playing outside the cabin on the quay side -- Whitney -- Give me one moment in time ..... that was our moment ..

Oh dear -- tissue time ...................

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Isn't she going too ?? Sea Princess that is??

Heard the rumour from other sources but have no info either way.

Update on possible princess deployment to Middle East. If it happens, it will be under Princess banner. P&O appear to be worried that they will move everyone then still not be able to sail. In some ways, Middle East suffering from a second wave. Therefore I think decision will be taken later by Princess.

To answer another query, yes there is now no family ship going to the canaries next summer. If Iona can’t go to Norway then logical option but understand hope is very much still to sail a full Norway season for Iona. I think again, could be late 2020/early 2021 before we know the resolution here. Also in question is whether Alaska reopens; like Norway, they’ve enjoyed the year off from the mega ships.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I suppose our first cruise was on Ocean Village 2 but we never classed that as a real cruise 😉 She was a nice ship though and our cabin was fab with a great balcony where we waved to the Capt on the open bridge every day. That was why we booked Oceana the year after due to the ash cloud and got our fancy gear in the sales. Happy memories .....

We have had 2 Island Cruises, 6 Ocean village and many, many NCL, P&O, Celebrity, RCI and river cruises. We enjoyed all of them and would repeat any of them in a heartbeat ( perhaps not right now ). Perhaps we are addicts and just need our fix. As you can see, we are not particularly loyal but can understand people being attached to their favourite ship. I Guess ours is Britannia, but Indy was nice , Explorer was good and ,,,,,,,,,😁

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I suppose our first cruise was on Ocean Village 2 but we never classed that as a real cruise 😉 She was a nice ship though and our cabin was fab with a great balcony where we waved to the Capt on the open bridge every day. That was why we booked Oceana the year after due to the ash cloud and got our fancy gear in the sales. Happy memories .of the band playing outside the cabin on the quay side -- Whitney -- Give me one moment in time ..... that was our moment ..

Oh dear -- tissue time ...................

Presto, are you on the book of faces?? There is a video on there of Azura blowing her horn as she passes Oceana in Southampton today, saying goodbye 😢😢

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have had 2 Island Cruises, 6 Ocean village and many, many NCL, P&O, Celebrity, RCI and river cruises. We enjoyed all of them and would repeat any of them in a heartbeat ( perhaps not right now ). Perhaps we are addicts and just need our fix. As you can see, we are not particularly loyal but can understand people being attached to their favourite ship. I Guess ours is Britannia, but Indy was nice , Explorer was good and ,,,,,,,,,😁

Ahhhh Britannia ----- love her. We sailed on her in her first season and have had the same cabin a few times. Lovely ship. OUr new favourite 🙂

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Presto, are you on the book of faces?? There is a video on there of Azura blowing her horn as she passes Oceana in Southampton today, saying goodbye 😢😢

No --- oh dear ---tissues again ...... am not a crier normally.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Ahhhh Britannia ----- love her. We sailed on her in her first season and have had the same cabin a few times. Lovely ship. OUr new favourite 🙂

Good to see you have a preferred alternative. We haven’t been on Britannia since her maiden but if she makes it to the Caribbean in October, we will be coming back to Southampton on  her next spring