3rd offer just received for Allure ex-Galveston sailings

This email was just received at 1:00.   3rd email iteration, customers (l&s, stayed with Liberty, 

cancel, or not) can NOW book back on Allure out of Florida, price-protected.   Sorry about formatting while pasting.  

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Last week, we shared that due to shipyard closures and disruption to supply chain caused by this pandemic, Allure of the Seas’ amplification was being moved to a later date. And, as a result of pier construction delays in the Galveston terminal, Allure of the Seas would no longer sail from Galveston during the Winter 2021 - 2022 deployment. So, we had to move you to a similar itinerary onboard Liberty of the Seas.

Well, we have great news to share! We’ve been working tirelessly on confirming Allure’s new itineraries. And if you had your heart set on the ship, and the embarkation port was not the most important factor for you - you’ll be able to book Allure today! We wanted you to be the first to know since your sailing was unfortunately impacted. 😊

If you’ve already moved to the comparable Liberty of the Seas sailing or an alternate 7-night Caribbean sailing and would like to stay, there’s nothing for you to do. If you prefer to move to one of Allure’s new itineraries, call us by July 7, 2020  at 888-281-9344 and we’ll be happy to re-book, even if you cancelled your reservation or if you took advantage of our Lift and Shift offer. 

If you choose to move to Allure of the Seas, you’ll receive the following:

• Your original cruise fare paid for Allure of the Seas will be price protected at the original cruise fare rate or reduced to the current cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If you were already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund if there is any difference in pricing. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment 45 days after you submit your refund request. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.
    • We’ll also waive any non-refundable deposit change fees associated with the move.
  • Please know, if you weren’t previously booked on a holiday sailing (Christmas, New Year’s, and Easter), sailings during that timeframe are excluded from your options.
  • Lastly, if you opted into the Cruise with Confidence 100% Future Cruise Credit prior to this email, you will be able to take advantage of this new offer.

Your vacation is important to us and we really look forward to welcoming you onboard! Please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by July 7, 2020 to let us know if you’d like to change your sailing to a new Allure of the Seas itinerary. If we don’t hear from you by July 7, 2020, no action will be taken and you’ll remain booked on the Liberty of the Seas sailing. And remember, you’ll still have the flexibility to cancel through our Cruise with Confidence program up to 2 days before your departure date. Click here to learn about this program.

We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Hopefully all you Star class customers can finally get your neat suites back on Allure!

Edited by BSocial
clarify
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing - got the same email.

My question (that you probably saw on the other thread) is the Allure FLL sailings appear to be different lengths (4-9 nights), while Galveston was all 7 nights. Will be interesting to see if there are 7 night sailings to line up in the 4 week window to allow the shifting and price protection.

1 hour ago, CategoryQ said:

The plot thickens. I was booked on a 7 night Allure in Feb 2022 from Galveston. 

There are no 7 night Allure cruises in Jan, Feb or Mar 2022 to switch to based on this link, they are 6 or 8 nights only. So not sure how the email they sent applies to me: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AL.pdf

that is a good question.  

I read my email again, and it states if you want to move to one of Allure’s itineraries - but I don’t see a date restriction, like a lift and shift has (+/- 4 weeks). 

hope someone is successful and reports back 

Yeah, whole thing is just pie in the sky right now.  RCCL is simply spinning its  wheels, hoping to keep the cash (aka any refundable deposits, or what we thought were refundable deposits when we originally booked, ha, ha) in their little old pockets by sending out emails to us trying to get us to move from Allure -Galveston to Liberty - Galveston and now back to Allure Fort Lauderdale, be it now onto a 6 day cruise (only one cruise would appear to fit within the required 4 week window (actually only one appears on their website - that being a Jan 30 2022 6 day cruise).  So for us, we will call and tell them, we will take our refundable deposit back please and if we do not get it back within 60 days, we will call our credit card and get it back from them for non fulfillment of service or major change in itinerary and number of cruising days (7 to 6) 2 years in advance.  Won't have issue getting money back from insurance as we booked this cruise in Dec 2019 prior to any inkling of the pandemic coming to Canada. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CategoryQ said:

The plot thickens. I was booked on a 7 night Allure in Feb 2022 from Galveston. 

There are no 7 night Allure cruises in Jan, Feb or Mar 2022 to switch to based on this link, they are 6 or 8 nights only. So not sure how the email they sent applies to me: http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/AL.pdf

Actually it might work for someone like me. I had a b2b so 14 days total.

So a 6 and 8 would be same number of days.

It maybe will work for some, I was march 2022 b2b allure.

I rebooked for the same date on Oasis. It was the same itinerary plus CocoCay and I got my same cabin. There are only a few of the category I booked so I was happy. Price protection too but i have yet to see the new invoice. You can book any Oasis class ship. 

• Thanks 1