Would you visit a place that wants to track your movements?

ilikeanswers

Would you visit a place that wants to track your movements?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Would you visit a place that wants to track your movements?

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

indifferent about being tracked

It's not so much about indifference for me, as it is about what I'm getting in return for my data.  Like you, I had the option for an app to connect to some equipment, to give me easier access to the info -- in my case, it was my home blood pressure machine; I decided instead to forgo the app and just keep my results on paper.  I decided there were no benefits to me to having that information (and location) out there for whomever wants to monitor it.  On the other hand, I use location setting for other apps when I really do want to use that information (e.g. in locating a service or when ordering something on line). 

1 hour ago, calliopecruiser said:

It's not so much about indifference for me, as it is about what I'm getting in return for my data.  Like you, I had the option for an app to connect to some equipment, to give me easier access to the info -- in my case, it was my home blood pressure machine; I decided instead to forgo the app and just keep my results on paper.  I decided there were no benefits to me to having that information (and location) out there for whomever wants to monitor it.  On the other hand, I use location setting for other apps when I really do want to use that information (e.g. in locating a service or when ordering something on line). 

I get a tickle out of those websites that tell me: "If you don't turn your ad blocker off, you won't be able to enjoy all the features of our website."  Sorry, bud, but you're ads are not an enjoyable feature.

I don't check my BP all that often.  I used to do it quite frequently.  (Warning big brag coming).  I was taking two BP pills per day and my BP was 165/80.  I lost 65 pounds since late January.  I no long take any BP medications and my BP has been running 135/70 which isn't bad for a mid-seventies guy.  I have been using a set of scales with an app for tracking weight because I find that useful.

Edited by RocketMan275

5 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I get a tickle out of those websites that tell me: "If you don't turn your ad blocker off, you won't be able to enjoy all the features of our website."  Sorry, bud, but you're ads are not an enjoyable feature.

Me too!  I don't want "all the features" they offer.

1 minute ago, calliopecruiser said:

Me too!  I don't want "all the features" they offer.

Along the lines of visiting places that track you, I don't visit websites that block me when I'm using an ad blocker.  Too many choices to put up with that.

49 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

I don't check my BP all that often.  I used to do it quite frequently.  (Warning big brag coming).  I was taking two BP pills per day and my BP was 165/80.  I lost 65 pounds since late January.  I no long take any BP medications and my BP has been running 135/70 which isn't bad for a mid-seventies guy.  I have been using a set of scales with an app for tracking weight because I find that useful.

I take my BP every day because one day in 2018 in a doctors office the reading was extremely high.

I am dealing with 13 illnesses and took myself off my medications in 2013.The only thing I take is 2000 to 2600 mg of Extra strength tylenol twice a day because my pain is excrutiating.

This morning I weighed 184.6 and I am older than you.😀

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I lost 65 pounds since late January. 

That is something worth bragging about!  Congratulations.

I too had one bad reading (135/82) and it worried me, but I must have been having a bad night because my readings since then have been my usual low-normal. 

16 minutes ago, calliopecruiser said:

That is something worth bragging about!  Congratulations.

I too had one bad reading (135/82) and it worried me, but I must have been having a bad night because my readings since then have been my usual low-normal. 

BP readings can fluctuate all over the place.  Different time of day, different reading.  Stress and other things can affect it as well.  Plus, all too often, readings are not taken correctly.  In most doctor's offices, they call you in from the waiting room, sit  you down, and immediately take the reading.  Very Wrong.  According to Mayo Clinic, you should be relaxed and seated for at least five minutes prior to the reading.

Having worked for US Defense contractors who dealt with "black" communications, if you think you haven't been surveilled for over a decade, you are living in denial.  

Not getting into those new "apps" that supposedly were automatically pushed to your phones:  When all those Spring Breakers descended onto South Florida for there week of drunken debauchery, their phones were used to track where they all went back to in order to trace the spread of COVID by the "kids".  There's a company in Utah that does it.  In fact, the State of Utah had a system when COVID started back in March - they didn't want people coming to Utah - where, when you crossed the border into Utah, you got a notification on your phone to "register" where you are going to to track you.  Most people just ignored it.  

8 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

I'm sure it does include a viral infection, just not this viral infection.

Can you provide me a link about that serology test?  I'd love to know more about it.

Sorry, I don’t have a link. I searched back through my emails and could not find the notice. It may have been proprietary since it was on work mail too. It is initially a dry spot test to determine reactivity and if positive will want a blood draw serology test to confirm. That is all I know at this point as I am also on furlough and do not have my normal access to publications. 

You may want to try google and Mayo Clinic. And I was wrong on the numbers. It will be offered to all 65000 employees who want it.

14 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

Not yet but last year would you have predicted travel insurance would not include a viral infection?

Travel insurance does not exclude a viral infection.  It excludes pandemics among other things.  I don't think that is even new to the standard policy language, but could be wrong.    So, the question you should be asking is if I would have predicted there would be a pandemic.  The truthful answer for me is, no.