Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Kokomo91165

Suspension extended to 9/15

Recommended Posts

There is speculation on FB that Carnival is going to extend cancellations through the end of the year.  John Heald said they're making an announcement at 930 am and he'll be there to follow up with a video after that. Someone else  posted that they think RCI will follow suit tomorrow.  It wouldn't surprise me at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BND said:

There is speculation on FB that Carnival is going to extend cancellations through the end of the year.  John Heald said they're making an announcement at 930 am and he'll be there to follow up with a video after that. Someone else  posted that they think RCI will follow suit tomorrow.  It wouldn't surprise me at all.

That wouldn't surprise me either. But I will have to cancel my January cruise if they do that. There just won't be enough time to see how things are working and what the on board experience is like. But at least this way I won't be tempted to sink money into non-refundable air fare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Just reading some of the replies pertaining the start up of cruising over the past 3 months, there will be some CC members who would sleep outside of vaccine site overnight just to be sure that they can get an injection.  As for myself I'm not looking to be part of a class action lawsuit  a few years down the line.

And, there are people who will never get it no matter how long it's tested or proven effective.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BND said:

And, there are people who will never get it no matter how long it's tested or proven effective.  

  They are probably the same people aren't addicted to cruising so in terms of cruising it wouldn't matter to them if it was needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

Yes, thank you, I did not like reading a forum where every other thread was how do I get my refund.  I was posting on my roll calls where there was not absolute panic and depressing posting.  Aggressive language?  For someone with so few posts And such a recent member to our beloved forum you seem to know about forum moderation, like a true professional.🤣

 

jc


I kind wondered the same thing.

 

39 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Just reading some of the replies pertaining the start up of cruising over the past 3 months, there will be some CC members who would sleep outside of vaccine site overnight just to be sure that they can get an injection.  As for myself I'm not looking to be part of a class action lawsuit  a few years down the line.


To further your comments, there are also some CC members that would board a ship today knowing the potential risks.  They too might be part of a lawsuit later, after they contract Covid. They do seem to be less than a few months ago but they can still be found on FB pages and a certain Blog Site. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They too might be part of a lawsuit later, after they contract Covid

Yep. They would be the first to sue. But your honor, Royal should have protected us from ourselves...... 😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cpl100 said:

Who is going to be first in line to get a rushed-through barely-tested vaccine? 

 

Serious question.

Do you get a yearly flu shot? Every year it is a different concoction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Carnival extended their cancellations through 30 Sept.  I'm expecting the same tomorrow from RCI, although, honestly, I'm surprised they don't just go ahead and cancel through the end of the year.  Eating an elephant (one bite at a time) isn't the way to make your clients happy.  It stresses some out a lot.  We're on 1 and 8 Nov HoTS b2b and I still don't expect them to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, BND said:

So, Carnival extended their cancellations through 30 Sept.  I'm expecting the same tomorrow from RCI, although, honestly, I'm surprised they don't just go ahead and cancel through the end of the year.  Eating an elephant (one bite at a time) isn't the way to make your clients happy.  It stresses some out a lot.  We're on 1 and 8 Nov HoTS b2b and I still don't expect them to go.

 

I don't think they can afford to cancel any more than they have to at one time. They need $$$ to pay for all the refunds requested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BND said:

So, Carnival extended their cancellations through 30 Sept.  I'm expecting the same tomorrow from RCI, although, honestly, I'm surprised they don't just go ahead and cancel through the end of the year.  Eating an elephant (one bite at a time) isn't the way to make your clients happy.  It stresses some out a lot.  We're on 1 and 8 Nov HoTS b2b and I still don't expect them to go.

I agree.  If anything (I posted this on another thread) I don't think cruising will start until at least November and then for a couple of months it will only be short cruises until they see how things pan out.  JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

 

I don't think they can afford to cancel any more than they have to at one time. They need $$$ to pay for all the refunds requested. 

It's definitely a cash flow issue, but that doesn't change the fact that the schedule isn't going to magically change on Sept 15 or Sept 30.  We're just going with the flow, but anyone who thinks they're going to cruise on Oct 1, well, I highly doubt it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I agree.  If anything (I posted this on another thread) I don't think cruising will start until at least November and then for a couple of months it will only be short cruises until they see how things pan out.  JMHO

 

And I agreed...makes the most sense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have deliberately stayed out of the mask debate until now, preferring to do my own research.  To date this is what the information I have gathered.  There is a huge difference in masks depending on what kind you are using.

 

N95 Masks are designed for contaminated environments.  These masks are vented to breathe straight out without any filtration.  They do not filter the air on the way out, they aren't designed to do so.  These masks do not protect persons you come into contact with.

 

Surgical Masks are designed for Sterile environments.  These masks are quickly clogged due to the amount of particles and contaminants in the indoor/outdoor environments.  The moisture of your breath combined with a clogged mask render it useless and if you come in contact with Covid19 the mask traps it.  These masks should be changed every 20-30 minutes in non sterile environments.

 

Cloth Masks do not filter anything.  When you exhale, you rid your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide.  Cloth masks can trap the carbon dioxide.  The moisture caught in this type of mask can become mildew ridden overnight.  Dry coughing, enhanced allergies and sore throat are all symptoms of micro-mold in your mask.

 

The CDC wants us to wear masks.  OSHA is the top American organization for safety and they regulate everything from Asbestos to Surgical rooms.   IF you are required to wear a mask, OSHA requires your employer to verify you are receiving a minimum of 19.5% oxygen level by law.  If you experience headaches or dizziness your oxygen level could very well be too low.

 

Just sharing the information I have learned for with all so that you can make informed decisions to wear or not to wear masks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, MaryEBS said:

I have deliberately stayed out of the mask debate until now, preferring to do my own research.  To date this is what the information I have gathered.  There is a huge difference in masks depending on what kind you are using.

 

N95 Masks are designed for contaminated environments.  These masks are vented to breathe straight out without any filtration.  They do not filter the air on the way out, they aren't designed to do so.  These masks do not protect persons you come into contact with.

 

Surgical Masks are designed for Sterile environments.  These masks are quickly clogged due to the amount of particles and contaminants in the indoor/outdoor environments.  The moisture of your breath combined with a clogged mask render it useless and if you come in contact with Covid19 the mask traps it.  These masks should be changed every 20-30 minutes in non sterile environments.

 

Cloth Masks do not filter anything.  When you exhale, you rid your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide.  Cloth masks can trap the carbon dioxide.  The moisture caught in this type of mask can become mildew ridden overnight.  Dry coughing, enhanced allergies and sore throat are all symptoms of micro-mold in your mask.

 

The CDC wants us to wear masks.  OSHA is the top American organization for safety and they regulate everything from Asbestos to Surgical rooms.   IF you are required to wear a mask, OSHA requires your employer to verify you are receiving a minimum of 19.5% oxygen level by law.  If you experience headaches or dizziness your oxygen level could very well be too low.

 

Just sharing the information I have learned for with all so that you can make informed decisions to wear or not to wear masks.

This thread isn't about masks, but okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BND said:

This thread isn't about masks, but okay.

Like tipping, there's always a chance of any thread being turned into a mask thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Like tipping, there's always a chance of any thread being turned into a mask thread.

It's just funny that she talks about staying out of the mask debate and then posts about masks on a thread that isn't about masks at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will cruising suspension be extended to September 15, 2020 or to December 31 2020.  Someone on another thread posted the following:

 

 “There is speculation on FB that Carnival is going to extend cancellations through the end of the year.  John Heald said they're making an announcement at 930 am and he'll be there to follow up with a video after that. Someone else  posted that they think RCI will follow suit tomorrow.  It wouldn't surprise me at all.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2020 at 1:10 PM, parrotfeathers said:

So who are those cruisers here who recently made reservations for July/August?   Have they had to pay in full already?  There was a thread about who was making reservations for around that time.

I had back to back on symphony booked in august and already paid in full.:( 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Will cruising suspension be extended to September 15, 2020 or to December 31 2020.  Someone on another thread posted the following:

 

 “There is speculation on FB that Carnival is going to extend cancellations through the end of the year.  John Heald said they're making an announcement at 930 am and he'll be there to follow up with a video after that. Someone else  posted that they think RCI will follow suit tomorrow.  It wouldn't surprise me at all.”

 

Carnival suspended through Sept 30. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Dennis#1 said:

Will cruising suspension be extended to September 15, 2020 or to December 31 2020.  Someone on another thread posted the following:

 

 “There is speculation on FB that Carnival is going to extend cancellations through the end of the year.  John Heald said they're making an announcement at 930 am and he'll be there to follow up with a video after that. Someone else  posted that they think RCI will follow suit tomorrow.  It wouldn't surprise me at all.”

Carnival announced through Sept 30 (for now of course).  I did see another rumor about RCI going later than that on another page, but we'll know tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Like tipping, there's always a chance of any thread being turned into a mask thread.


A thread about duck-billed platypuses could turn into a mask thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, blackjack24 said:

I had back to back on symphony booked in august and already paid in full.:( 

 

 

 

Finals are 90 days in advance.   I would have had to pay final on my Harmony 9/20 cruise today...shifted that one and waiting for official announcement of cancellation of my 9/13 first leg, before I can request refund.  

 

Thus finals as of today....are everything from 9/20 to earlier.  

Edited by island lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, island lady said:

 

Finals are 90 days in advance.   I would have had to pay final on my Harmony 9/20 cruise today...shifted that one and waiting for official announcement of cancellation of my 9/13 first leg, before I can request refund.  

 

Thus finals as of today....are everything from 9/20 to earlier.  

I wasn't sure of the pay dates I got these from the casino but I paid to upgrade to a better stateroom and just made the payment when I was on the phone with the Casino rep. So what do I do now? Call and ask for a refund? I already have 2 more booked one in November and one in December. I have my doubts that these will go too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blackjack24 said:

I wasn't sure of the pay dates I got these from the casino but I paid to upgrade to a better stateroom and just made the payment when I was on the phone with the Casino rep. So what do I do now? Call and ask for a refund? I already have 2 more booked one in November and one in December. I have my doubts that these will go too. 

 

You will need to wait until official announcement from RCI as to cancellations past August 1st.  That should come either today or the next couple of days.  Don't cancel until you get that.  Very easy to cancel online or with the email link they send you.  Though with yours being with Casino...you indeed may have to call.  Not familiar with that.    

 

Took all of 2-3 minutes for me to ask for refund online.  Got confirmation email pretty much right away....and then the wait to get your refund begins.  Could be weeks...could be months.  They really don't want to part with that money anytime soon.  😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

 


A thread about duck-billed platypuses could turn into a mask thread.

 

 

They do need a big mask after all.

 

Would they have to wear it while they swim?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...