Questions on Lift and Shift

lulurobby

After the announcement today regarding cruises still on hold until September, we are  looking into the lift and shift from this December until  December 2021. We currently have 4 perks with a good on board spend, I know that these benefits will move with us, but the room rate for December 2021 is lower, do we get the lower rate?.  Plus are final payment is due September 2020, we don’t want to lay out $$$ and the cruise in December get cancelled and then have to go through getting FCC OR money back. 

4 minutes ago, lulurobby said:

After the announcement today regarding cruises still on hold until September, we are  looking into the lift and shift from this December until  December 2021. We currently have 4 perks with a good on board spend, I know that these benefits will move with us, but the room rate for December 2021 is lower, do we get the lower rate?.  Plus are final payment is due September 2020, we don’t want to lay out $$$ and the cruise in December get cancelled and then have to go through getting FCC OR money back. 

Would your price be better for next year if you cancelled and did it from scratch?  If not, then stick with the lift and shift.  If they are already holding your perks and other benefits for you I can't imagine they would let you pay less just because the room rate is lower.  Perhaps I am not understanding the situation fully.

Yes you have to compare your current reservation price perks etc and what the total price would be if you were to cancel and rebook the same at today's prices.   You can't take your perks and apply them to a 2 perk or no perk price next year..