Silly suite benefit question

PurpleHays

Depending on how things go, my husband and I have booked a suite for our 10th anniversary next summer--Alaska on the Emerald. We will decide in January if we'll go, dependent upon how the covid19 situation is. (I will wear a mask and sanitize my hands all day long, but will not get a vaccine until it is tested longer)

I understand that laundry is one benefit--what is the turnaround time? If I take three pairs of long pants, will that be enough to have a clean pair every day? Also, does anyone know what is in the complementary minibar?

We are (barely) platinum, and I've convinced my husband that it's worth splurging for our 10th anniversary. Alaska is on his bucket list. He's losing his sight, so I want to knock out as many of his bucket list items as I can before he goes completely blind. We're going to do a couple of pre-cruise days in Seattle and pick excursions that he wants to do as much as possible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

Depending on how things go, my husband and I have booked a suite for our 10th anniversary next summer--Alaska on the Emerald. We will decide in January if we'll go, dependent upon how the covid19 situation is. (I will wear a mask and sanitize my hands all day long, but will not get a vaccine until it is tested longer)

I understand that laundry is one benefit--what is the turnaround time? If I take three pairs of long pants, will that be enough to have a clean pair every day? Also, does anyone know what is in the complementary minibar?

We are (barely) platinum, and I've convinced my husband that it's worth splurging for our 10th anniversary. Alaska is on his bucket list. He's losing his sight, so I want to knock out as many of his bucket list items as I can before he goes completely blind. We're going to do a couple of pre-cruise days in Seattle and pick excursions that he wants to do as much as possible.

My wife an I were upgraded with a charge to an aft suite (C743).  It was a great experience with free laundry, drinks in the fridge, etc.  The suite was the primary benefit along with th. The Hawaii 15-day cruise is another one to consider.  

I'm sure that there are other good cruises, the California Coastal and the Quebec City to Fort Lauderdale, as an example, but Alaska and Hawaii are the two most convenient and affordable to me at this point.

Turn around time depends on how many elites are on the ship. They also get complementary laundry. We’re elite and have been sailing in suites for the last few years. On one cruise, it took a minimum of three days to get ours back. IMHO, best to take 4 pairs of pants. They don’t take much room in the suitcase. 

Edited by Crystabel
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

We usually cruise warm weather, but as I said, this is on hubby's bucket list. Thanks for the info. I'll take four day's worth and tell him to also. 

I used to do Caribbean cruises and then did Alaska. I now much prefer Alaska to the Caribbean. Alaska is so scenic.

Bring clothes that layers. It can be cool in the morning and warm up at night. I hope you are planning a trip that goes to Glacier Bay. Stunning!

I hope you have a wonderful cruise! Hit those bucket list items!

• Like 1

Laundry turnaround for elites varies and is dependent on the number of elites onboard. 

laundry for suites is same day if the bag gets to the laundry by 9:00am or next day if you miss the 9:00 cut off, regardless of how many elites are onboard. I always mark same day on the laundry slip and have never had a problem. 

Edited by RSF Cruiser
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RSF Cruiser said:

Laundry turnaround for elites varies and is dependent on the number of elites onboard. 

laundry for suites is same day if the bag gets to the laundry by 9:00am or next day if you miss the 9:00 cut off, regardless of how many elites are onboard. I always mark same day on the laundry slip and have never had a problem. 

I have also never had a problem.  Perhaps the times when a suite guest’s service is three day might be because it was not marked for the same day service.  I would not think the Elite laundry volume would impact this suite benefit.  

• Like 1

From my experience with laundry service Princess laundry can be hard on your cloths.   Fading and shrinking.   Especially with Covid 19  they will definitely be using HOT water.    My suggestion is any thing  you consider your good cloths have done with what they consider  dry cleaning service.    Just to be on the safe side.   

In addition to the complimentary mini-bar, which is not replenished, and same day laundry service, if turned in by 9am, we have received two bottles of water daily.  The elite laundry service return can be iffy, depending on the number of elites onboard, but the suite laundry has always been on time for us. 

Another wonderful benefit for suite guests is breakfast at whatever restaurant the ship specifies for suites, and Club Class dining!  I would love to always be in a suite...but that won’t happen!

When we're in a suite we put it out when we go to dinner and it's always back by the next day before dinner.  

We exchange the gin and courvoisier  for more scotch and vodka. The tonic water for club soda and the diet coke for sprite.  It's a wonderful perk.  

My favorite thing is ordering dining room breakfast to have on the balcony in warm climates.  But the suite breakfast is good too!  

Here is my suggestion.  Have a good relationship with your cabin steward.     talk to your steward and put the laundry out by 8am.  They should be back by 5-6pm same day.  if you don't have it back by 6pm same day tell your steward; they will go down to laundry and retrieve it.

Edited by AF-1

11 hours ago, PurpleHays said:

We usually cruise warm weather, but as I said, this is on hubby's bucket list. Thanks for the info. I'll take four day's worth and tell him to also. 

Something to consider: just because you wore them, doesn't mean they need a trip to the laundry. Four pairs would last at least a week...as long as you haven't spilled something.

• Like 3

I agree that being able to order from the dining room menu, via room service is fantastic!  Especially good on scenic cruising days, such as Glacier Bay, Endicott Arm, Hubbard Glacier, etc, whichever your ship is doing.   Enjoy!

🙂🌅🐋🐳🛳🌝

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Cruiserkenn said:

I agree that being able to order from the dining room menu, via room service is fantastic!  Especially good on scenic cruising days, such as Glacier Bay, Endicott Arm, Hubbard Glacier, etc, whichever your ship is doing.   Enjoy!

🙂🌅🐋🐳🛳🌝

Actually - those days I encourage people to NOT stay in their balcony/room and to get out and see sites where you can move around to get the best view.

21 minutes ago, Cruiserkenn said:

🙂🌅🐋🐳🛳🌝

Completely agree.  We have had a couple of suites in Alaska, our favorite being the an aft suite on the Star where we had that amazing panorama and solititude.  When in Glacier Bay, we did order room service and we were able to not miss any of the gorgeous scenery while eating.  The first time we did so we called at 1:15 for lunch and they made an exception to get the food to us.  They recommended calling for your order a good half hour before the dining room closes.  Oh and make sure to ask the steward to leave the daily MDR menus each day.

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I have also never had a problem.  Perhaps the times when a suite guest’s service is three day might be because it was not marked for the same day service.  I would not think the Elite laundry volume would impact this suite benefit.  

Completely agree.  I have never had a problem with same day service in a suite even when there are a lot of Elites on board.  You just need to mark the slip for same day service.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Completely agree.  We have had a couple of suites in Alaska, our favorite being the an aft suite on the Star where we had that amazing panorama and solititude.  When in Glacier Bay, we did order room service and we were able to not miss any of the gorgeous scenery while eating.  The first time we did so we called at 1:15 for lunch and they made an exception to get the food to us.  They recommended calling for your order a good half hour before the dining room closes.  Oh and make sure to ask the steward to leave the daily MDR menus each day.

Love the aft facing suites with the amazing views!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Coral said:

Actually - those days I encourage people to NOT stay in their balcony/room and to get out and see sites where you can move around to get the best view.

How about doing both things?  That's what I do🙂🐋⛴🛳🐳

Your anniversary plan sounds so nice! I wish you guys a wonderful cruise and time together. As far as suite goes, I am sure it will be a fabulous experience that you will have maybe once in your life time. Its probably was very costly but I am sure that you have been saving for it in advance. It will super nice 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Completely agree.  I have never had a problem with same day service in a suite even when there are a lot of Elites on board.  You just need to mark the slip for same day service.

We were on a 25 day cruise in Jan on the Island in a vista suite and remember the "same day service" check box on the laundry form. However, we also seem to remember there was a fee for that quick turnaround. If you're saying the fee is waived for suite guests (which was not noted anywhere we could find), that's definitely good to know for the next time we book a suite on a long cruise.