Check your booking: Seaside bookings for 2021 changed to Meraviglia

js

Hi. It was posted on FB to check your future bookings on Seaside.

I checked and MSC changed my Seaside February 13, 2021 Caribbean booking to the Meraviglia, with NO NOTICE or communication. I had two cabins in the YC and it shows Im in YC on Meraviglia but with no cabin assignment. 

My mom and I have sailed YC on Seaside three times and was excited that my dh could finally go with us in February. Has anyone else seen a change? 

I dont know anything about the Meraviglia, only sailed Seaside and it has been everything we have needed. 

I sent an email to my TA and hoping this is all a glitch but thinking for sure its not. 

Thanks. 

Edited by js
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, js said:

I sent an email to my TA and hoping this is all a glitch but thinking for sure its not. 

I might be facing a an issue, too.

My Seaside booking seems to have changed to Meraviglia (which leaves/returns a day later).

I'm also booked on Meraviglia 3 months after Seaside (that booking looks fine).

Not every stateroom type on Seaside has an equivalent on Meraviglia. Where will MSC put the Seaside people who won't fit?

I am so glad I cancelled my March, 2021 Seaside sailings last month.  I specifically booked Seaside because I really didn't like Meraviglia, in my opinion the two ships are quite different.  I've never heard of MSC compensating people with booked airline tickets regarding the date changes.  I have no idea what they could plan to do with the people that booked the aft facing Aurea "condo" suites or the suites with whirlpool tubs.  Meraviglia YC can handle comparatively few bookings for three or more.  At least people are still outside of final payment and US customers might still get refunded deposits.  I will be interested what MSC offers to those who booked in regions where deposits are non-refundable.

So, my Nov 2020 Seaside booking will not come up.  I get an error code.  However, when I clicked under web check in, I get that this cruise is now on the Meraviglia.  How do you have a ship change without any notification?  I specifically wanted to cruise on the Seaside.  Of course, this all may be for naught if cruises don't resume, but I had my fingers crossed for this one as I've already lost 3 cruises this year!  Sigh.  Problems could be a lot bigger, so I am thankful; it just seems like poor customer service to not let your customers know if you are planning a major change....and I would think changing the ship (especially to a different class) would be a major change.  Right now, I'm about ready to go anywhere!

Thanks for the heads up.  My January 9th Seaside now shows Meraviglia with a quaranteed cabin. I would think since that is an older ship there might also be a price reduction. I hate to ask my travel agent to call MSC again but looks like I may need to. 

My December cruise is the same, changed from Seaside to Meraviglia, though I get error messages when I try to look at the reservation, the web check in shows the changed ship and a G0000 for the cabin. The dates are the same though which is weird because Seaside is Sat - Sat but the other is Sun - Sun. I do believe I'll be losing my deposit, thank goodness it was pretty small. 

3 hours ago, golferwife said:

Thanks for the heads up.  My January 9th Seaside now shows Meraviglia with a quaranteed cabin. I would think since that is an older ship there might also be a price reduction. I hate to ask my travel agent to call MSC again but looks like I may need to. 

Is this correct that Mera is an older ship? When I looked them (Seaside/Mera) up yesterday, it looked like both started sailing in 2017. 

34 minutes ago, MamatoJack said:

My December cruise is the same, changed from Seaside to Meraviglia, though I get error messages when I try to look at the reservation, the web check in shows the changed ship and a G0000 for the cabin. The dates are the same though which is weird because Seaside is Sat - Sat but the other is Sun - Sun. I do believe I'll be losing my deposit, thank goodness it was pretty small. 

That is the same message I get for my two YC balcony cabins. 

I just checked for my winter MSC reservationa on the MSC Travel

Agent Booking Site and see that it is having problems.I can't access anything and get only: ERROR CODE SYS_005 - No message found under code 'PREPAID_001' for locale 'en_US'.

I have January and February booked on Seaside in an accessible cabin.  On their MSC guest site, only the first cruise shows and it is now on Meraviglia with a guaranteed cabin.

At first I panicked definitely don't want to be on Meraviglia as we have been on it and find that it doesn't compare to our great experiences on Seaside.

But I will wait a couple of days and see if/when they fix their system before I do any cancellations. 

I had heard from a source that Seaside was leaving Miami and I posted here two weeks ago and got two responses saying not true. 

I am booked in December for Seaside that now says the Meraviglia.

According to a search on msccruiseusa.com this morning the seaside will be operating out of Cape Canaveral. Sample attached showing December for the seaside. I am watching this like a hawk because I am booked on this ship out of Miami on the 27th March and it now appears according to the MSC For Me app its going out of Cape on the 28th. At least Im still on the same ship.

seaside.png

3 hours ago, medic143 said:

According to a search on msccruiseusa.com this morning the seaside will be operating out of Cape Canaveral. Sample attached showing December for the seaside. I am watching this like a hawk because I am booked on this ship out of Miami on the 27th March and it now appears according to the MSC For Me app its going out of Cape on the 28th. At least Im still on the same ship.

seaside.png

My computer said this was a harmful site.  You left out the "s".  It should be msccruisesusa.com in order to see the new cruises now available. 

12 hours ago, gadaboutgal said:

I just checked for my winter MSC reservationa on the MSC Travel

Agent Booking Site and see that it is having problems.I can't access anything and get only: ERROR CODE SYS_005 - No message found under code 'PREPAID_001' for locale 'en_US'.

I have January and February booked on Seaside in an accessible cabin.  On their MSC guest site, only the first cruise shows and it is now on Meraviglia with a guaranteed cabin.

At first I panicked definitely don't want to be on Meraviglia as we have been on it and find that it doesn't compare to our great experiences on Seaside.

But I will wait a couple of days and see if/when they fix their system before I do any cancellations. 

I have a booking on the Seaview for November in the Med. I get the same error message. Hoping it still goes ahead, it's our first MSC cruise and our first Suite cruise!

3 minutes ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I have a booking on the Seaview for November in the Med. I get the same error message. Hoping it still goes ahead, it's our first MSC cruise and our first Suite cruise!

Seaview is not operating in Med now , Fantasia is taking over Dubai sailings and Grandiosa taking over Virtuosa sailings as well as other changes to ships/itineraries. Check your account online and see what changes you have !!

31 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Seaview is not operating in Med now , Fantasia is taking over Dubai sailings and Grandiosa taking over Virtuosa sailings as well as other changes to ships/itineraries. Check your account online and see what changes you have !!

I would check online if I could, but I get the above-quoted error message currently. Getting decidedly twitchy now!

5 hours ago, medic143 said:

I am watching this like a hawk because I am booked on this ship out of Miami on the 27th March and it now appears according to the MSC For Me app its going out of Cape on the 28th. At least Im still on the same ship

Thank you very much for sharing the info. I just booked Seaside (off by 1 day) again this morning. I actually got a better stateroom than I originally had. I'll just have to cancel my original Seaside (now Meraviglia) booking.

I just received an email thanking me for booking MSC, I originally booked Seaside for Mar 13th 2021 now it is that other ship. What are the big differences between the two in YC ? There is no difference in price between the 2 I have already been assigned a cabin as well

1.png

54 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Thank you very much for sharing the info. I just booked Seaside (off by 1 day) again this morning. I actually got a better stateroom than I originally had. I'll just have to cancel my original Seaside (now Meraviglia) booking.

In my case, they left me the dates and changed me from YC balcony to an YIN.  Not going to work for me!  I think I might have been happier with a G0000!  Or not.

Thanks again to Cruise Critic for keeping me In the know.  I was booked on the 14 day Seaview B2B and when I saw these posts, I checked my own booking on MSC USA.  Sure enough, I have been switched to Meraviglia.  I'm not sure I'm going to keep this reservation as our YC stateroom assignment is on the 14th deck.  I did notice that we are to receive a $200.00 shipboard credit so that is a plus.

We were also assigned a cabin on deck 14 (were on deck 16 on Seaside).  I am going to do some research on Meraviglia & then make a decision on whether to cancel or not.  It would have been nice if we had been informed of the change.  Without Cruise Critic I would not have known of the change.

Looks like the price remains the same.

As an update, saw on the website we are now on Meraviglia and the guarantee YCD changed to Cabin 15006. We are not happy with that room because it is directly under the lounge at the front of the ship. MSC rep said we cannot make any changes until they send us the revised confirmation which we should get around July 1. 

I was Divinia YC1 from Miami, and now that is being replaced with Armonia...which has no Yacht Club.  I am waiting to see what the offer is for that.  When I called, there was no info on what my reservation would be changed to, although he did make notes in my account as to what I was willing to accept (change of port, dates, etc.).  I was told I would hear no later than July 1.