New to RC, please explain water/lemonade/iced tea options for me?

On 6/21/2020 at 3:31 PM, sunsoaked218 said:

There is Filtered water, Lemonade, Iced Tea, Coffee , Tea Bags, and sometimes Hot Chocolate ,Juices during breakfast  hours in the windjammer. You get Soda, Specialty Coffee, bottled water ala cart thru out the ship you do not need a drink package for that. As for the Pool area i don't know about the beverages avail in windjammer delivered to the pool I have never asked  for them i would guess it would be bottled water, soda or bar drinks that would be a charge 

This is not correct.  To get soda, specialty coffee, bottled water, etc. you do have to have a drink package anywhere on the ship.  Otherwise,  you will sign a bar tab and be billed. 

Drinks that are included in the price of your cruise are tap water, hot and iced tea, basic coffee, hot chocolate, white and chocolate milk, juice with breakfast, flavored water, punch, lemonade. The included items are available at food locations and any bar will give you a glass of iced water. 

Do they still have the coffee cards?  I used the coffee card on the Radiance a few years ago.  Basically, I think it was pretty much a break even vs. ale carte.  Basically, their regular coffee is dreadful.

If you stay in a JS or above, you get a coffee pot, tea kettle in the room.  I've also been known to bring/grab some hot chocolate mix in the Windjammer or from home for the evenings.  But these days, they may be on pandemic procedure.  With Norovirus once, we didn't get the coffee pot until day 4.

DH is talking about making our first cruise from Galveston, since we can drive.

Specific to Vision, there are beverage stations convenient to the pool deck, in the Park Cafe and back by the Windjammer that will have ice water, coffee/tea, and often one or two flavors of flavored water. In the morning they may have orange juice from the dispenser.

I'm an iced tea fan, but do not do caffeine, so I make my own by the glass at the beverage station using two teabags, steeping, and then icing it in the glass.

18 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

This is not correct.  To get soda, specialty coffee, bottled water, etc. you do have to have a drink package anywhere on the ship.  Otherwise,  you will sign a bar tab and be billed. 

That is exactly what @sunsoaked218 said when he/she said they were available ala cart if you don't have a drink package.

• Like 3

Glad to know some haven't lost their sense of humor in all that is going on right now, taglovestocruise!

I'd just like to add while there is a limit of 12 bring sodas or water of your aboard, you can bring all the drink packets, tea bags, and instant coffee you want. You can also bring your own coffee creamer. I know several who always bring those little individual coffee creamers. If you're bringing them I would suggest you place them in a zip bag or even better a zip bag within a sealed plastic container. I have twice known of people getting coffee creamer on their clothing when they just tossed a few in a suitcase. 

On 6/25/2020 at 12:44 AM, knittinggirl said:

Do they still have the coffee cards?  I used the coffee card on the Radiance a few years ago.  Basically, I think it was pretty much a break even vs. ale carte.  Basically, their regular coffee is dreadful.

If you stay in a JS or above, you get a coffee pot, tea kettle in the room.  I've also been known to bring/grab some hot chocolate mix in the Windjammer or from home for the evenings.  But these days, they may be on pandemic procedure.  With Norovirus once, we didn't get the coffee pot until day 4.

DH is talking about making our first cruise from Galveston, since we can drive.

Not sure if all ships offer it, but saw it was available at the end of last year.

2 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

One option for ice water... if you have a cup/travel mug/reusable water bottle, you can fill it with ice and water at the Coke Freestyle machines that people with a soda package use.  

You beat me to it!  I was going to say the same thing.  I bring a 20 oz insulated tumbler with its own plastic straw that I keep filled with ice & water.  I could use it for anything cold or hot.  It still melts a little fast though when sitting in the sun at the pool.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PTAngel said:

You beat me to it!  I was going to say the same thing.  I bring a 20 oz insulated tumbler with its own plastic straw that I keep filled with ice & water.  I could use it for anything cold or hot.  It still melts a little fast though when sitting in the sun at the pool.

Yes, this is what I do when traveling too! Sometimes I buy a souvenir travel cup to use. Next time I'm going to bring a Yeti and hope that will keep it cold longer.