1 Night Dead Head Repo Cruise

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

Used in the shipping, airline, and trucking industries to indicate a trip without cargo or passengers.  Alternatively an employee who is being transported on a scheduled trip for no charge.

Thanks Chengkp75...always appreciate your response.

Dosclosure:

Logged on Royal's website today and surprised to see that one of our booked cruises now show "Dead Head Sailing".

13 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Can someone please kindly tell us exactly what a "dead head" sailing really mean? Thanks.

Crew member here.  It usually means there are no guests onboard.  Crew-only repositioning.  Who knows post-COVID though...it could mean it's somewhat of a shakedown cruise where things may not be quite 100% ready to go.  It's usually a crew-only repositioning though.

Edited by miraflores

4 hours ago, miraflores said:

Crew member here.  It usually means there are no guests onboard.  Crew-only repositioning.  Who knows post-COVID though...it could mean it's somewhat of a shakedown cruise where things may not be quite 100% ready to go.  It's usually a crew-only repositioning though.

Oh snap! thank you.

On 10/4/2020 at 2:23 AM, st.wares said:

I've got a cruise cancelled by RCI too, for 2021

Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 20.21.49.png

Have you been officially informed that this cruise is canceled?  I'm on this cruise as well, but have received no notification.

6 hours ago, akke29 said:

Have you been officially informed that this cruise is canceled?  I'm on this cruise as well, but have received no notification.

Following...akke29, no notification for us either...I just posted on the roll call.

7 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Following...akke29, no notification for us either...I just posted on the roll call.

Read your other post.  Sounds frustrating indeed.  Well... with lots of time between now and final payment and our sailing... we wait and see.  We were supposed to be on Radiance right now, then did a lift and shift to Quantum in the other direction.  Maybe we'll have to figure out plan C soon.  

15 hours ago, akke29 said:

Read your other post.  Sounds frustrating indeed.  Well... with lots of time between now and final payment and our sailing... we wait and see.  We were supposed to be on Radiance right now, then did a lift and shift to Quantum in the other direction.  Maybe we'll have to figure out plan C soon.  

☺️ You're so right...plan C...or in our case...plan E...yes, if not for the pandemic, we would be on the Anthem out of Southampton.

• 1 year later...

Like the port master said on "Ghostbusters" - - "Better late than never, I guess......" (Cheech Marin) - - sorry for not posting, but I have JUST found out that our ghost cruise doesn't appear on RCC's webpage. We booked 21 September 2021 with a balcony room 4D.  After reading all of these excellent comments, I am now soooo much  better informed. I KNOW that we are all in a holding pattern until RCC discloses what is going to happen, i.e., is it crew only or can a few pre-booked passengers also attend? So much for the shows unless you wanna hear me crack some really corny jokes?  We had planned to do a B2B with the Galveston sailing, which appears to still be listed as cruising. We have gone thru a TA for our reservations, but we have not heard anything. Apparently, everyone is in the same boat (no pun intended - - the jokes slowwwwwly start) as us. Has anyone heard if we can still sail on Allure? Another interesting question which has NEVER been brought up in 11 years of cruising - - since we go from one State to another, never leaving the U.S. waters, is it necessary to go thru immigration in Galveston. Finally, since this is a "non rev" cruise, I wonder how much the stateroom costs for this cruise?? THANK you for your sleuthing on this cruise!!!

Pat & Bernadette

Dallas