Jump to content

Cancelling 3rd person Oct cruise ADVICE please


Recommended Posts

Have a mid October cruise to Bermuda we booked 11 months ago.  The 3rd passenger is our 80 year old mom.   My sister and I are willing to chance that it will still sail but I do not think mom will risk it.   If she cancels now, she loses nothing.  Our final payment date is beginning of August.    However I was wondering if anyone has had a situation where the 3rd person cancelled and then wanted to be ADDED BACK ON when it got closer to the sail date.  Since there are already no cruises until Sept 30th and our specific cruise is no longer listed as an option to book (the only Sunshine cruise still listed in Oct is a short cruise to the Bahamas on Oct 8th) I wonder if we do end up trying to add her back in the cabin(if the cruise doesn't get cancelled)  if Carnival will say no because they are trying to control capacity on the ship.  Any thoughts or advice?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I don't foresee any problems if the ship sails and your cabin has a triple capacity to add her back on.

The reduced capacity information is not confirmed, no cruise line is actually doing this (yet) and has been used as a party line when guests were worried about their sailings disappearing online.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Personally, I don't foresee any problems if the ship sails and your cabin has a triple capacity to add her back on.

The reduced capacity information is not confirmed, no cruise line is actually doing this (yet) and has been used as a party line when guests were worried about their sailings disappearing online.

 good point!!!!!!!!  They haven't said, they have not made a decision to have a reduce capacity of the ship..      Whenever i see a cruise disappeared from the Carnival site it means its canceled..

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the same cruise.   Bermuda not saying if they will open to cruise ships and their cruise season ends in early Nov.  All Bermuda cruises from all Carnival ports for 2020 are gone.  Like you said, only the one, 4 day cruise remains for Oct.  I would wait and just let them cancel you.  This sailing is only 17 days past the new date and I just don't see it happening.  Bermuda is opening for air travelers on July 1.  They have so many restrictions that it would never work for a cruise ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ChosenOne said:

Have a mid October cruise to Bermuda we booked 11 months ago.  The 3rd passenger is our 80 year old mom.   My sister and I are willing to chance that it will still sail but I do not think mom will risk it.   If she cancels now, she loses nothing.  Our final payment date is beginning of August.    However I was wondering if anyone has had a situation where the 3rd person cancelled and then wanted to be ADDED BACK ON when it got closer to the sail date.  Since there are already no cruises until Sept 30th and our specific cruise is no longer listed as an option to book (the only Sunshine cruise still listed in Oct is a short cruise to the Bahamas on Oct 8th) I wonder if we do end up trying to add her back in the cabin(if the cruise doesn't get cancelled)  if Carnival will say no because they are trying to control capacity on the ship.  Any thoughts or advice?

If you dont see your cruise listed as available to be booked, they havent even been allowing people to change cabins last I heard, much less add another pax.

 

If your cruise isnt cancelled but not listed as open for bookings my agent said that means it hit capacity. You wouldnt be able to add her back.

 

I would ask someone before I assumed you can add her back if you cancel someone on a cruise that has hit capacity and carnival pulled from being able to book. 

 

My guess is oct will be cancelled tbh, I'm trying to get on a capacity controlled cruise but cant. I'm one person. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

 good point!!!!!!!!  They haven't said, they have not made a decision to have a reduce capacity of the ship..      Whenever i see a cruise disappeared from the Carnival site it means its canceled..

I'm booked oct 4th, oct 11 still listed on a booking site as available to book. The agent said he would get back to me regarding oct 11 to add so I have a b2b. (In fact it's still listed now, I just checked the site and wrote asking him why I cant book it if their site says its available). If as he said carnivals says sold out remove it? I'll see what he says back to my email I just sent.

 

Here is his email regarding booking oct 11 freedom still listed on their site but not on carnivals

 

.........

 

According to the agent I spoke with at Carnival, the October 11 sailing on Freedom is sold out, not cancelled.

October 4 is sold out, but still scheduled to sail.

All sailings in October are sold out on Freedom until November 1.

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...