Lift & Shift online form

I noticed that now you can request a lift & shift online using a web form (maybe this has been around for a while and is just new to me). I like the idea of this better than calling in. Has anyone done a L&S this way, through the web form, and had success?

I submit the online form and this is the message I got.

The reservation number entered is not eligible for the Lift & Shift program. There are no alternate sailings.
5 Night Western Caribbean & Perfect Day Leaving FLL on 9/28/2020. 

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have been using the one that has been available for TA’s fir the past couple weeks.  The vast majority of them come back all adjusted the next day as opposed to about a week for ones that you call in.  

and that link is....??

A poster on Matt's blog reported using the online form successfully. His request was processed from one day to the next.

The link *should* take you to a form that asks you to choose between 3 programmes: cruise with confidence, cruise suspension and lift&shift. Once you tick the appropriate box it opens up the rest of the form where you insert your booking details to begin the request.

I tested the link and it works for me up to the point stated above. I couldn't test it any further because I don't have a booking to test it with. 

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.94405592.594647497.1590767327-1101230479.1590767327

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

A poster on Matt's blog reported using the online form successfully. His request was processed from one day to the next.

The link *should* take you to a form that asks you to choose between 3 programmes: cruise with confidence, cruise suspension and lift&shift. Once you tick the appropriate box it opens up the rest of the form where you insert your booking details to begin the request.

I tested the link and it works for me up to the point stated above. I couldn't test it any further because I don't have a booking to test it with. 

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.94405592.594647497.1590767327-1101230479.1590767327

Nice! This is useful. Also shows you what sailings you can L&S too.

42 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Nice! This is useful. Also shows you what sailings you can L&S too.

Excellent, I'm glad it was helpful. From what the poster on the other site said, it certainly sounded very straightforward and much better for having to spend ages on the phone.

I tried the form online for funsies and will still be using my TA to L&S, should I choose to go that route. The only options I was given online for my “holiday” 8-night on Anthem were for 8-night itineraries on Enchantment. No thank you. 

My TA was told by Royal that I could L&S to 9-night on Anthem next NYE (???) but I’m hoping they’ll let me switch to the 7-night the week prior. If not, we’ll just wait for the inevitable cancellation of our 2020 cruise and take the refund. 

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have been using the one that has been available for TA’s fir the past couple weeks.  The vast majority of them come back all adjusted the next day as opposed to about a week for ones that you call in.  

Two questions: 1) Do you need to submit three preferences (I'm only interested in one of the choices), and 2) can you request a specific cabin number?

Just now, Pratique said:

Two questions: 1) Do you need to submit three preferences (I'm only interested in one of the choices), and 2) can you request a specific cabin number?

No and no.

all mine I have submitted only one preference.

they assign you a cabin, just call and change cabins one it is assigned. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No and no.

all mine I have submitted only one preference.

they assign you a cabin, just call and change cabins one it is assigned. 

Thanks. Also do you know when Lift & Shift ends? The RC site says it has to be requested by August 1 but I saw something elsewhere that said July 10 and as usual the Internet is full of bad info.

1 minute ago, Pratique said:

Thanks. Also do you know when Lift & Shift ends? The RC site says it has to be requested by August 1 but I saw something elsewhere that said July 10 and as usual the Internet is full of bad info.

July 10 is the deadline for cancelled sailings to Request a L&S.

Aug 1 is the deadline for all other bookings. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2020 at 11:10 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

In Cruising power under brand programs. 

Ken, sorry for my ignorance but is that site solely for TA's? I can't open the other links, so any idea where us regular people booking on-line might go?

Thanks obi wan kenobi!!

8 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Ken, sorry for my ignorance but is that site solely for TA's? I can't open the other links, so any idea where us regular people booking on-line might go?

Thanks obi wan kenobi!!

The one under cruising power is for TA's.  The other links on here should work but you may have to try a different browser. 

• Thanks 1

The one I used was on rcl web sit, click cancel. 3 options came up. Bottom one says lift and switch.

My ta told me it worked and they gave me the same cabin I had before. 

Browser. Brave didn't work on my android, but chrome worked. I did have to use a different browser for the link to work.

Edited by firefly333

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just checked on doing a lift and shift for my Rhapsody March 6th, 2021  cruise on Royal's site. I have a 4B Ocean Balcony currently. Two of my options are Majesty and Empress. 

The site says it will give you an equivalent cabin....but as everyone knows these ships do not have balcony staterooms. 

Does anyone have any experience in what type cabin Royal will place you in.

My guess is a JS as they are about the same size. 

Thanks for any information

19 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Just checked on doing a lift and shift for my Rhapsody March 6th, 2021  cruise on Royal's site. I have a 4B Ocean Balcony currently. Two of my options are Majesty and Empress. 

The site says it will give you an equivalent cabin....but as everyone knows these ships do not have balcony staterooms. 

Does anyone have any experience in what type cabin Royal will place you in.

My guess is a JS as they are about the same size. 

Thanks for any information

I would not count on getting a JS.

in a case like this I would call and do it over the phone so you can see what the equivalent  cabin would be before committing to the switch. 

I’m curious as to why you would even consider a lift and switch to two ships that in all likelihood won’t be with Royal next year. 

20 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I would not count on getting a JS.

in a case like this I would call and do it over the phone so you can see what the equivalent  cabin would be before committing to the switch. 

I’m curious as to why you would even consider a lift and switch to two ships that in all likelihood won’t be with Royal next year. 

Thought before I called tomorrow....wanted to get some real time experience from CC members.

We prefer smaller ships and really have no desire to move to anything higher than Voyager class. If Royal decomissions the Empress class....we'll just pick another in 2022.

Edited by Beachammo