Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
tupperstamper

Trouble with new FCC

Recommended Posts

I just got an email about my FCC for my canceled Sept. Cruise and its not even close. We used our 25% Off plus FCC from our canceled May 2020 cruise. My fare after the 25% FCC was taken was $2,346.86. My husband's was $2,302.11. With the taxes, prepaid service charges. etc. Our total was $5,655.81.  We used $3,687.55 of my 100% FCC and the rest was paid with my husband's FCC. My email says  my 100% FCC is $1,302.55 and my 25% FCC IS $79.50. How does this add up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tupperstamper said:

I just got an email about my FCC for my canceled Sept. Cruise and its not even close. We used our 25% Off plus FCC from our canceled May 2020 cruise. My fare after the 25% FCC was taken was $2,346.86. My husband's was $2,302.11. With the taxes, prepaid service charges. etc. Our total was $5,655.81.  We used $3,687.55 of my 100% FCC and the rest was paid with my husband's FCC. My email says  my 100% FCC is $1,302.55 and my 25% FCC IS $79.50. How does this add up?

That's interesting.  We got 2 emails just before 7PM this evening (EDT), one for cancellation of Sept 3 on the Encore and one for cancellation of Sept 8 on the Encore as well.  Our numbers are not even close to correct either, but the real interesting part is that each letter says the total FCC amount that has been posted to our Latitudes account is the exact same amount as yours - $1302.55.  This was not even close to the actual amounts, nor is it close to what was posted to our Latitudes account, which was actually even less than that.  Sounds like NCL has some fixing up to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is some confusion?     A 25% - discount and a 25% FCC-  which are 2 different things?  

 

  I had a 20% discount as example with my last 3 cancellations-   This expired 5-31

 

i had 2 cruises canceled this round.   No future booking discount.   
 

Are you in the US and how did you book.?    Are credits already there?    6-25 is supposed to be the date of credits being put into Latitude accounts as FCC 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am really glad I read this thread. My cancel/FCC email read “$1302.55” too. I have spent quite some time this morning trying to figure out this amount. 

Also I am supposedly receiving a 25% bonus of $100????  Where they got that amount is beyond me.  Does not match up to anything. 

Thank goodness for Cruise Critic. Now I realize a mistake has been made and I can quit trying to figure this mess out. Just a matter of time I guess. Feel so badly for the agents answering the phones today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also received email with that same amount which I know is far less than we paid. Will continue to follow to see if anyone gets it resolved. Will be contacting my travel agent. Good luck to all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I should have worded it better. First the 25% FCC was applied, then 20%  off , then part of our 100% FCC for the remaining balance.

 

We did notice in our Latitude accounts last night that that some of the FCC is there but it doesn't match the email or the amount we should get.

9 hours ago, Budget Queen said:

There is some confusion?     A 25% - discount and a 25% FCC-  which are 2 different things?  

 

  I had a 20% discount as example with my last 3 cancellations-   This expired 5-31

 

i had 2 cruises canceled this round.   No future booking discount.   
 

Are you in the US and how did you book.?    Are credits already there?    6-25 is supposed to be the date of credits being put into Latitude accounts as FCC 
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tupperstamper said:

I guess I should have worded it better. First the 25% FCC was applied, then 20%  off , then part of our 100% FCC for the remaining balance.

 

We did notice in our Latitude accounts last night that that some of the FCC is there but it doesn't match the email or the amount we should get.

 

The official notification does state "credits"  being applied  June 25,  so perhaps,  more accurate accounting will be in accounts on that date. 

 

   I only received the mass cancel email,  for the current  August/September sailings.  (2 for me)    Nothing in my Latitudes has changed.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received a “corrected” email from NCL , and the amounts specified in there are incorrect also. I am receiving a  $100 FCC for the total fare paid plus a 25% bonus of $108!!

kmc86 - you wished us all good luck. Thank you. I think we are going to need it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just received at corrected one as well. I now get $79.50 for 100% FCC and $19.88 for the 25%. This is exactly what is showing up in my Latitudes account right now.. We have a long way to go. I'm not sure I've ever seen a cruise for that price.

Edited by tupperstamper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received the mass cancellation email when it went out and was just really bummed as my Sept cruise was my vacation of a lifetime. Havent wanted to even look at NCL's website as I debate refund or FCC. Logged on tonight and saw the FCC on the account. It is all there EXCEPT I am not getting any credit for the two cruisenext deposits I had applied to the cruise. My cruise with service charges, transfers, taxes and fees was $2601.28. $500 of which was cruise next deposits. The 100% FCC amount is $2101.28 completely ignoring the cruise next deposits. The odd part is the 25% bonus FCC amount is $650.32 which is based on 2601.28 not 2101.28; Also there is nothing showing a FCC for some items I had already booked and paid for although I acknowledge the announcements havent been entirely clear on what goes FCC and what goes refunded to credit cards.

(While typing this I just got the official email from NCL announcing my FCC).

With me being on the fence about all my future cruises NCL has a very small window of time to get all this straightened out before I tell them to just give me ALL my money back. I will have to see what they say when I call tomorrow.

 

Moral of my story: I hope everyone has detailed records of what was paid for what and how and when and carefully matches up with their credits and refunds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/22/2020 at 11:48 PM, cruiservictor said:

That's interesting.  We got 2 emails just before 7PM this evening (EDT), one for cancellation of Sept 3 on the Encore and one for cancellation of Sept 8 on the Encore as well.  Our numbers are not even close to correct either, but the real interesting part is that each letter says the total FCC amount that has been posted to our Latitudes account is the exact same amount as yours - $1302.55.  This was not even close to the actual amounts, nor is it close to what was posted to our Latitudes account, which was actually even less than that.  Sounds like NCL has some fixing up to do.  

 

I am also on on the Sept 8 Encore cruise. last night i got my cancellation email. the amount adds up for me however i noticed the cruise next that i used to booked this cruise is missing. that is the only thing missing for me. The 100% FCC credit equals to the final payment amount i paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received my email also for my Alaska cruise.  I received everything I paid plus the bonus.  Everything is in my and my DH's account this morning plus the cruisenext deposit I put down on an April cruise which was canceled.  The only thing missing is the $$ I put on a credit card as an additional deposit for my april cruise and I imagine that will take a few weeks.  I am a happy camper and hope everything works out for all of you.  I have a feeling there will be many calls to NCL today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just called NCL about my missing $500 cruise next deposit. the cruisenext is not part of the FCC and is being credited back to my account but isn't ready yet and should be showing up on my account by friday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, JamesXIII said:

I received the mass cancellation email when it went out and was just really bummed as my Sept cruise was my vacation of a lifetime. Havent wanted to even look at NCL's website as I debate refund or FCC. Logged on tonight and saw the FCC on the account. It is all there EXCEPT I am not getting any credit for the two cruisenext deposits I had applied to the cruise. My cruise with service charges, transfers, taxes and fees was $2601.28. $500 of which was cruise next deposits. The 100% FCC amount is $2101.28 completely ignoring the cruise next deposits. The odd part is the 25% bonus FCC amount is $650.32 which is based on 2601.28 not 2101.28; Also there is nothing showing a FCC for some items I had already booked and paid for although I acknowledge the announcements havent been entirely clear on what goes FCC and what goes refunded to credit cards.

(While typing this I just got the official email from NCL announcing my FCC).

With me being on the fence about all my future cruises NCL has a very small window of time to get all this straightened out before I tell them to just give me ALL my money back. I will have to see what they say when I call tomorrow.

 

Moral of my story: I hope everyone has detailed records of what was paid for what and how and when and carefully matches up with their credits and refunds.

The Cruise Next deposits come back separately.   Don’t worry.  
 

You will NOT get cash for the Cruise Next.  And will be returned with your original expiration date.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shof515 said:

 

I am also on on the Sept 8 Encore cruise. last night i got my cancellation email. the amount adds up for me however i noticed the cruise next that i used to booked this cruise is missing. that is the only thing missing for me. The 100% FCC credit equals to the final payment amount i paid.

It WILL return to your Latitudes account with the original expiration date.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you that have received the right amount of FCC, was your cancelled cruise paid for with and FCC from a past cancelled cruise?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used FCC from I think 2019 for a cancelled cruise 4/2020. I opted for a complete refund for the cancelled cruise. I was told the FCC I used is now good till 4/2021. I sent an email asking for an extension of that date. They declined. I guess if we are unable to cruise before 4/2021 I will revisit that plan. But hopefully we will be cruising again by then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Montanagirlalways said:

I used FCC from I think 2019 for a cancelled cruise 4/2020. I opted for a complete refund for the cancelled cruise. I was told the FCC I used is now good till 4/2021. I sent an email asking for an extension of that date. They declined. I guess if we are unable to cruise before 4/2021 I will revisit that plan. But hopefully we will be cruising again by then. 

i think all you need to do is just book a cruise before 4/2021 and it should still be valid for a 2021/2022 sailing

Edited by shof515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am almost done with NCL.  I didnt get the fcc yet so ill see if they screw it up again for my sept cruise. however i just got off the phone with carnival and it couldn't have went smoother involving transferring what i paid and a $300 board credit for rebooking , onto the other cruise i had a deposit on already.  Why cant NCL just get that together if carnival can?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 5:38 PM, shof515 said:

i think all you need to do is just book a cruise before 4/2021 and it should still be valid for a 2021/2022 sailing

Thanks.. I had to think about that one but got it. I'm a little slow on the pick up sometimes:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain to me how NCL come up with these FCC value? The 100% FCC - is this the amount what was paid for the cruise? And then the 25% - how they come up with it?  Thanks. I am a little lost. I wish NCL would break it down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2020 at 3:33 PM, poohdreaming said:

Can anyone explain to me how NCL come up with these FCC value? The 100% FCC - is this the amount what was paid for the cruise? And then the 25% - how they come up with it?  Thanks. I am a little lost. I wish NCL would break it down.

 

I had to build a spreadsheet to get it to math out.

 

I booked a cruise and used 2x cruise next certs on it. ($500)

 

They deducted the $500 and that matched the amount for the 100% credit.

 

Then they took the total amount of the cruise, including any extras I'd booked and paid for (UPBev, wifi, etc) and used that as the basis for the extra 25% calculation. This calculation included the $500 in cruise next certs.  I got it to math out within a couple of dollars.  The net result is that if you used cruise next certs, you actually end up getting a few more percentage points of credit based on the cash you paid.

 

The only other weirdness that has been mentioned on CC is that they distributed some of the FCC to accounts for people who don't actually have NCL login accounts, so had to make account for them to see the credits, even thought I paid for everything. It also seems strange how those were portioned out, no logic to it.

Edited by Nicky Mouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what my sister and I got, with hers having different amounts than I do.  Anyone have any idea what all the different totals mean. 

 

Coupon ID Amount Valid From Onboard Credit
Your Peace of Mind Future Cruise Credit   $1,335.72 3/16/2020 - 3/16/2021  
Your Peace of Mind Package Single Use FCC   $229.45 3/17/2020 - 3/17/2021  
Your 25% Single Use FCC Bonus Credit   $454.32 1/1/2012 - 7/28/2021 Not Applicable
Your 25% Single Use FCC Package Credit   $320.91 1/1/2012 - 7/28/2021 Not Applicable
Your 100% Future Cruise Credit   $160.63 1/1/2012 - 7/28/2021 Not Applicable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 2:46 PM, tupperstamper said:

For those of you that have received the right amount of FCC, was your cancelled cruise paid for with and FCC from a past cancelled cruise?

 

yes but what i did was save the one time only use extra %25 percent.  , i only used the orginal payment amount fcc . (i figured i could use the 25 percents when i know the cruise is going for packages and stuff.   now i have more than double after 3 cancels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to be late to the party but I do have a question.  We had booked in April 2020 - it was cancelled of course.  We rebooked using the FCC given for December 2020. Now it looks grim for that to happen.  Will they offer the same?  (100% + 25%) Does anyone have any experience with that?  This is not CruiseNext.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...