Flip and swich 9/4/2020 to the 9 night next year?

smaheu11

I have to move our cruise from 9/4/2020 to 8/27/2021, all Celebrity says is "No". Waiting fa manager to contact me but wondering if anyone has had any luck doing this? 

Have 3 rooms booked with all four perks and really would love to Flip to the 9 night.

Not sure they not allowing us to do this?

The prices are up more than 25% and only 2 Perks.

Totally not fair at all...

not sure what to do next.

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Which ship and itinerary are you trying to move from and to?

Equinox 9/4/2020 ABC to 8/27/2021 Equinox 9 night missing the key. There is not another cruise ABC next year for the booked 10 day.

Same boat, almost the same exact time? CRAZY.....

3 minutes ago, smaheu11 said:

Equinox 9/4/2020 ABC to 8/27/2021 Equinox 9 night missing the key. There is not another cruise ABC next year for the booked 10 day.

Same boat, almost the same exact time? CRAZY.....

Yes, it is crazy.  It seems they previously have allowed this transfer, but, are tightening up the rules now.  I was able to lift and shift from 12 night Equinox, November 27, 2020 to the same 12 night Equinox for December 10, 2021.  But, mine was exact everything.  However, what you are trying to do(one night less) has previously been done.  Are you dealing with a TA or direct?

Success! We where able to Flip to 8/27! Pain in the xxx but Finally made it happen... If anyone is having issues do not give up! Ask for resolutions department be demanding they are doing it just making you go thru management

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smaheu11 said:

Success! We where able to Flip to 8/27! Pain in the xxx but Finally made it happen... If anyone is having issues do not give up! Ask for resolutions department be demanding they are doing it just making you go thru management

I think part of the problem is many operators are working from home and simply don’t have the authority to deviate from a direct swap. We were put on hold for ages to get confirmation that some additional OBC could transfer with us. Our operator seemed fairly experienced and knew she needed to escalate, less experienced may not.

So pleased you have managed your swap, like us, you now have something to look forward to.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chemmo said:

simply don’t have the authority to deviate from a direct swap

I agree with this but Resolutions department should really be publishing a list of approved deviations for sailings like this with no direct replacements.  

It's a common problem with Celebrity not empowering their front line employees to handle situations like this which results in inconsistencies and frustration for customers.  People being treated inconsistently causes more ill will than if the just denied everyone in situations like these.

10 hours ago, smaheu11 said:

Still praying for a resolution...

I thought you had got one?

On 6/24/2020 at 1:28 AM, smaheu11 said:

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

I thought you had got one?

I did too! All they did was move my reservation to the date I requested and showing balance due for the price difference insane 

resolutions say they are working on it? Who know what will happen at this point not totally even sure what is going on! I will keep all posted!

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wouldn't get too worried yet.  I've heard this multiple times.  Reservation gets moved then it is a few days before all the accounting is done.

Hopefully you are right 🙏 we are calling again tomorrow!

On 6/23/2020 at 5:28 PM, smaheu11 said:

Ask for resolutions department be demanding they are doing it just making you go thru management

I don't understand why people feel Celebrity is obligated to allow a lift and shift.  It's their company and their rules.  If the criteria is the same number of days then that's the criteria.  There doesn't have to be an exception because there are no exact sailings.  

I did several lift and shifts and once the change is made the new invoice has the current pricing.  It took a few days to receive an updated invoice with the correct pricing. I wouldn't worry.   

I agree it's their company their rules but many many exceptions have been made especially for this sailing, myself included.  Some with no question, some with a bit of push back and others outright refused.  It's the inconsistency which causes frustration and ill will.   If they set the rules and applied them equally to everyone I would agree with you.

My TA said the new itinerary has to be one year later.  Your itinerary falls just short of a year, which is probably why they are saying no.

When we did our L&S from March 2021 to March 2022, I inquired about an itinerary in Feb. and was told it had to be at least a year or more from the original sailing.

10 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

My TA said the new itinerary has to be one year later.  Your itinerary falls just short of a year, which is probably why they are saying no.

T&C state 1 year +/- 4 weeks.  The OP's sailing is being refused because it's not the same duration.  This year Equinox is doing 10/11 night sailings and next year it's doing 9/12 night.  They are trying to move the 10 night this year to a 9 night next year.  So a day shorter for the same price/perks.  Equinox is the only ship in the Caribbean at this time of year so there are no alternatives.

Edited by wrk2cruise

11 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

T&C state 1 year +/- 4 weeks.  The OP's sailing is being refused because it's not the same duration.  This year Equinox is doing 10/11 night sailings and next year it's doing 9/12 night.  They are trying to move the 10 night this year to a 9 night next year.  So a day shorter for the same price/perks.  Equinox is the only ship in the Caribbean at this time of year so there are no alternatives.

Ah, understood.  Perhaps my TA took the year thing quite literally.  We were fortunate to find the same duration and ship, but not quite the same itinerary.  Seems like celebrity should make some allowances for situations such as the OP's...which, I guess was the point of the thread.  My coffee is only just now kicking in 🙂.