Pre Pause1 Cruisers Cancelled by Princess & FCC

Ombud

Are you getting your FCC? Hopefully you got a refund as I did but .......

In my case, I was told by my PVP to complete the form and did so. Princess acknowledged it on 03/12/20. Now that next year's cruises have increased I'd appreciate if they'd hold up their end of the agreement and issue the FCC

I call but no one can answer my question.  Currently calendaring it to call every 30 days. It's not cash so a cash crunch shouldn't be it

(4 cancelled by Princess, partially compensated for 2 -- 2 still waiting)

Edited by Ombud

Similar experience for myself and my client

Both of us were sailing March 14th. I cancelled hers on March 9th and mine on March 10th under the cancellation terms that refundable amounts would go back to original form of payment and cancellation fees would be FCC.

My client received the refundable amounts back to her card within 4 days. I received nothing. Princess then cancelled on March 12th and our sailings were included in the new pause 1 terms so I filled out forms for option 1 for both of on March 12th and received confirmation.

My client has still not received the remaining amount back to her card (around $1400) and has just a basic FCC for 100% of the fare, which would have been an option 2 amount (option 1 was 225%)

I have received the full 225% FCC but not a dime of actual money.

I have called many times for both bookings and never get a consistent explanation. Notes in Polar (that I can see as a TA) indicate that my client's FCC was issued under option 2, yet the reps assure me she is tagged for option 1. Either way, she still needs money refunded! It is a hot mess!

My March 7 Grand Princess cruise was cancelled on March 4.  The only choice I had (not really a choice) was 100% cruise fare in FCC and 100% refund.  Of course, I was quite pleased with that offer at the time.

I received the FCC within a few days (March 6 maybe)  and most of the refund.  I received the final $700 of the refund a few weeks ago.  The final $700 was a $500 gift card and a now expired $200 FCD.

I hope you get your FCCs soon.

We have rebooked for a 7 day April 2021 Caribbean cruise in a window suite where our original booking was for a 15 day Hawaii cruise in a balcony.  I hope the April cruise sails.

cancelled mid-cruise, and had to get off the ship on March 16th....this week received Option 1 FCCs, most of the refundable OBC (by check/cheque), but no sign yet of CC repayment for fees and taxes.

But, things seem to be moving along......slowly.